Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion....

Religion....

OK, SR, rock on wit ya bad self.... A more appropriate heading for the subject.

If the mods aren't too lazy maybe you can take the 30 seconds and put the last few religion posts from the evolution thread into here.

Yes religion is fun to argue and can shed important light on who we are and how we came to be such, but it has nothing to do with the purpose of the evolution thread.

Maybe the bible is right or maybe it really was aliens, the reality is that we do NOT know.
    That is a very agnostic thing to say for a christian. Has your faith wavered or do you believe that knowing what you wrote has nothing to do with faith? I think faith to me and faith to you are two very different things.

I have faith in Drake continuing to have sand in his vijayjay because I am familiar with how he is on kfm, especially when his beloved are called into question. I have faith that tomorrow the sun will rise because it has always been this way for me and nothing has ever shown me otherwise.

What I don't have faith in is that there is a god of any kind that is not only significantly greater than us, but is also our creator. That is not to say that a greater being did not create us, who knows, whether that be aliens or god(who would technically be an alien, no?)
    I don't think any of us are really in an HONEST position to know any of this.

I can get down with believing for no reason other than sheer desire for that to be the truth, but then most christians get super offended by that analysis.

when you live inside a sterilized box in the western world, you are isolated from the natural world. when you truly live, you will feel the call of whatever spirits or gods your ancestors believed in.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-13-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Only if you were raised by somebody who has those beliefs. Most of us are locked in long before we ever have any sort of original thought of our own. Very VERY few ever break away from that.

do you know what old world cultures described as paradise? as the lives of gods?
    endless sex and endless alcohol and endless partying and revelry. the western world has become mount olympus, and westernized nations live as defacto GODS.

white america does not need a spiritual paradise, because white america is a physical paradise. white america does not need god because the white man is god.

looking at starving african orphans and AIDs patients like pathetic things, like insignificant insects under you, an afterthought. bombing villages from gunships, raining fiery vengeance like zeus himself. are ye not gods?

yet prometheus stole the fire from the gods and gave it to mankind.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    do you know what old world cultures described as paradise? as the lives of gods?
    endless sex and endless alcohol and endless partying and revelry. the western world has become mount olympus, and westernized nations live as defacto GODS.

white america does not need a spiritual paradise, because white america is a physical paradise. white america does not need god because the white man is god.

looking at starving african orphans and AIDs patients like pathetic things, like insignificant insects under you, an afterthought. bombing villages from gunships, raining fiery vengeance like zeus himself. are ye not gods?

yet prometheus stole the fire from the gods and gave it to mankind.
    Only when we pull out the nukes. Then yeah... we're ****ing gods!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Only when we pull out the nukes. Then yeah... we're ****ing gods!
    you already did twice.

*demon voice

THERE IS NO GOD. THERE IS NO GOOD AND NO EVIL. ONLY TRONG AND WEEK. ONLY THE TRONG SHALL SURVIVE

you already did twice.

*demon voice

THERE IS NO GOD. THERE IS NO GOOD AND NO EVIL. ONLY TRONG AND WEEK. ONLY THE TRONG SHALL SURVIVE
    And Japan immediately surrendered and turned docile.

You don't **** with gods.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    And Japan immediately surrendered and turned docile.

You don't **** with gods.
    their women are eager to be gang raped by our fierce warriors.

I don't see anything godly about nuclear technology. It's simply a product of thousands of years of compounded information. Given the laws of physics are what they are whether we know them or not, it was even inevitable. I don't see how that could be considered godly in any way, shape or form. Even as some tongue in cheek on some "I was just joking" bullsh1t, it still doesn't make sense. Godly is creating something from nothing, LITERALLY. As of today I have seen no evidence of that ever occurring, and certainly not with any nuclear technology.

Genesis maybe, but it isn't exactly a reliable source for scientific analysis. If anyone actually believs otherwise, this would be the thread for it though... SANJURO RONIN!!!!

their women are eager to be gang raped by our fierce warriors.
    Can't rape the willing.

wanna bet!!!

You guys hear bout that guy who pretended to be his wife online and found some guy in a rape fantasy chat and gave the address and time to come and said don't stop even when I resist then the woman got the drop on the guy and held him at gunpoint till po pos arrived. CRAZY story.

She's lucky she had a roscoe handy. Gun advocates, run with that. Had the gun been unloaded with a trigger lock and the clip and ammo in a separate location it would never have been useful to her. Nothing more useless than an unloaded gun.

Or maybe she just had an angel on her shoulder ay!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I don't see anything godly about nuclear technology. It's simply a product of thousands of years of compounded information. Given the laws of physics are what they are whether we know them or not, it was even inevitable. I don't see how that could be considered godly in any way, shape or form. Even as some tongue in cheek on some "I was just joking" bullsh1t, it still doesn't make sense. Godly is creating something from nothing, LITERALLY. As of today I have seen no evidence of that ever occurring, and certainly not with any nuclear technology.

Genesis maybe, but it isn't exactly a reliable source for scientific analysis. If anyone actually believs otherwise, this would be the thread for it though... SANJURO RONIN!!!!
    Clarke's third laws states "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

OK, SR, rock on wit ya bad self.... A more appropriate heading for the subject.

If the mods aren't too lazy maybe you can take the 30 seconds and put the last few religion posts from the evolution thread into here.

Yes religion is fun to argue and can shed important light on who we are and how we came to be such, but it has nothing to do with the purpose of the evolution thread.

That is a very agnostic thing to say for a christian. Has your faith wavered or do you believe that knowing what you wrote has nothing to do with faith? I think faith to me and faith to you are two very different things.

I have faith in Drake continuing to have sand in his vijayjay because I am familiar with how he is on kfm, especially when his beloved are called into question. I have faith that tomorrow the sun will rise because it has always been this way for me and nothing has ever shown me otherwise.

What I don't have faith in is that there is a god of any kind that is not only significantly greater than us, but is also our creator. That is not to say that a greater being did not create us, who knows, whether that be aliens or god(who would technically be an alien, no?)
    I don't think any of us are really in an HONEST position to know any of this.

I can get down with believing for no reason other than sheer desire for that to be the truth, but then most christians get super offended by that analysis.
    First of, NO, we are NOT in any position to KNOW for sure if God exists OR Not.
    We just have no proof and evidence is NOT proof ( in either way).
    Yet, humans are creatures of belief, faith and altruism and we really have no reason to be that way.
    There is no real reason for us to have issue with "fairness" or with "right and wrong" or any reason for us to try to understand the universe, none at all.
    Yet...
    There are some the believe because they have had personal experience ( revelation), much like our faith in the love of those we know love us or our faith in any other "intangible" belief.
    But personal revelation is not evidence, much less proof.
    There are many views in regards to existence of God, from the Anthropic view, to the "no greater thing can be conceived" view, to that absolute morals view and so forth.

Is there one in particular you wanna discuss?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Genesis is NOT a science book !!
    LMAO !!

I will say this though, in terms of ancient literature dealing with "where did all this come from", it was far closer to what science is discovering than the other religious views of it's time.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I think it is erroneous to be making blanket statements about humanity in regards to this subject.

I find it harder and harder to say "most people are x or y"

In matters of religion, it's only fair that I speak from "I Think" or "My viewpoints are..."

Otherwise I'll get way far down in the weeds with supposition etc.
    Faith just is. I can't argue with a person and tell them to not have faith in whatever construct it is that s/he has that faith in because it is in conflict with my belief.

That's a personal thing.

We can argue proof. We can argue historical validity and we can even argue philosophy for better living vs religious tenets. But we can't argue what is intangible to start with.

Frankly, I'd rather argue about who makes better heavy bags than religion. People are entitled to believe whatever they like from my viewpoint. I only stipulate that they, as an individual bring no undue harm to another because of that belief that is their own.

Belief is not necessarily truth and truth can be unbelievable. I find this to be true more and more as I move along.
    Kung Fu is good for you.