Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSWC-Master Fung Chun (new youtube clip)

PSWC-Master Fung Chun (new youtube clip)

Hello,

Master Sifu Fung Chun discusses being jumped on the street and Yiu & Kwa Lik at his home in Gulao village, China!

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7-VLieUDQo

Peace,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando View Post
    Hello,

Master Sifu Fung Chun discusses being jumped on the street and Yiu & Kwa Lik at his home in Gulao village, China!

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7-VLieUDQo

Peace,
    Thanks for sharing Jim, but y'know what? It would be SO much better if you prepared the subtitles
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Spencer,

Basically Fung Sifu is talking about being jumped by seven strong men on the way home. They wanted to steal his money. When they attacked he knocked a few of them senseless etc....... he then discusses the importance of the Yiu & Kwa Lik with regards to generating force. Fung Sifu was in a fantastic mood that day and you can see it in his face that he was happy to tell us some stories from his younger days.

I am releasing two more clips over the next few days. Maybe sit next to your Sifu or someone who speaks Chinese one day and watch them.

Next clips:

Q&A w/Master Fung (2 questions regarding Gulao lore & boxing)

"I will release this today"

Pin Sun Chi Sao Sampler (a few China demos) & Master Fung on Chi Sao.

"I will release this tomorrow"

Peace,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando View Post
    Maybe sit next to your Sifu or someone who speaks Chinese one day and watch them.
    I'm sort of requesting on others behalf Jim, as there are countless guys that are not so lucky to even have a Chinese speaking Sifu to sit next to. I can get away with my basics and pick up most of what he was saying, and you're right about him enjoying the attention too

Great work and all credit to you for the research into Kulo/Gulao village and Fung Family Wing Chun.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

I'll try and review these after work each day and provide the English translations for review. 3mins is not too long. How is the audio quality?

Wow, forgotten how strong Fung sifu's accent is. The gist of it is:

During the Japanese occupation, he took 7 baskets of melons/quashes to market to sell at Shabing(?), earned some money. Was going to buy some clothes? But was then attacked by 7 individuals for his money (pickpockets?).

The 1st one tried to delve into his pocket (0:48), when he asked for it back he was attacked right up his front (0:50-51). He responded with pak sao and a grab, pulling the person behind him (0:52-1:00).

7 surrounded him, attacking him. He hit all 7 of them. 1 hit ... bang, 1 hit ... bang, etc.

1:50: I was young then (26/28?). Was willing to train every night (1:56).
    2:02: I fought off 7. I hit them head over heels.
    2:06: I sold 7 baskets of melons/squashes. They stole all that money. Hadn't even eaten rice (had dinner) yet. Isn't that dire?
    2:20: 1 vs 7. That was the best!

2:33: I was young then. I used the yiu-kwa strength. I didn't feel like I had much strength, but they flew off quite far. One palm and they flew off. You have good strength when you're young. It was great!

What a character. You've got to love him!
    Last edited by CFT; 08-21-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Thank you for doing that my friend!

It was nice thing to do for the list members.

Xiexie nin!

Respect to Sifu Fung Chun!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Wow, forgotten how strong Fung sifu's accent is. The gist of it is:

During the Japanese occupation, he took 7 baskets of melons/quashes to market to sell at Shabing(?), earned some money. Was going to buy some clothes? But was then attacked by 7 individuals for his money (pickpockets?).

The 1st one tried to delve into his pocket (0:48), when he asked for it back he was attacked right up his front (0:50-51). He responded with pak sao and a grab, pulling the person behind him (0:52-1:00).

7 surrounded him, attacking him. He hit all 7 of them. 1 hit ... bang, 1 hit ... bang, etc.

1:50: I was young then (26/28?). Was willing to train every night (1:56).
    2:02: I fought off 7. I hit them head over heels.
    2:06: I sold 7 baskets of melons/squashes. They stole all that money. Hadn't even eaten rice (had dinner) yet. Isn't that dire?
    2:20: 1 vs 7. That was the best!
    -
    2:33: I was young then. I used the yiu-kwa strength. I didn't feel like I had much strength, but they flew off quite far. One palm and they flew off. You have good strength when you're young. It was great!

What a character. You've got to love him!
    -------------------------

Thanks Chee. joy

thanks for the clips Jim, what is the definition and characteristic of Yiu/Kwa Lik as mentioned here?

Hello,

I just posted another short clip with Master Fung Chun. This was filmed only a few months ago at his home in Gulao. In this clip I ask Master Fung Chun two questions:

1) Was Wong Wah Bo a Gulao native?

2) Did Leung Jan teach the Seung Dao (dbl knives) in Gulao?

Respect to Master Fung Chun!

Enjoy:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2Br68DYfc&feature=plcp

Peace,
    Jim

Yes, WWB was from Gulao
    No Leung Jan did not teach the knives. He taught the pole.

But Jim, Fung sifu did not seem as alert as in your first video.
    Good Putonghua BTW.

Hello,

This video was shot about a year and a half later. The first was around the end of November 2010. The second was about three months ago. Sifu was pretty tired that day. When we arrived he was just sitting in his kitchen with his wife relaxing.

Thanks for the Putonghua thumbs up! :-)

Will have another YouTube clip out within 24 hours!

Peace,
    Jim

Hello all,

Another New Clip!!!

Pin Sun Wing Chun-China Chi Sao "Demo's & Discussions"

1) I demonstrate three basic wrist "Chi Sao" rolling platforms from the Pin Sun Wing Chun system. There is also a brief section of me doing some light play with one of my guys.

2) At the end of this clip is Master Sifu Fung Chun discussing how Chi Sao is a high skill and very few Gongfu have this training! It is a signature of not only Gulao Gongfu but WCK.

Enjoy:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KpRjsFlL1Q

Peace,
    Jim