Thread: Unforgiven (the samurai version)

Unforgiven (the samurai version)

Talk about reversal. Remember Yojimbo/Fist Full of Dollars? Of course you do.
    Ken Watanabe to Star in Japanese Remake of 'Unforgiven'
    3:29 AM PDT 8/20/2012 by Gavin J. Blair

The project will be a samurai version of the Clint Eastwood film and is the first local remake of a winner of the Oscar for best picture.

LONDON – Ken Watanabe will take the Clint Eastwood role in a Japanese remake of Unforgiven to be made by Time Warner's Warner Entertainment Japan.

Korean-Japanese helmer Lee Sang-Il (Hula Girls, Villain), who brought the idea of the project to Warner in May last year, will direct Yurusarezaru Mono (A Thing That Can’t Be Forgiven), which like the original, will be set in 1880.

Watanabe will play a samurai with a violent past, who lives on Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido with his Ainu (the aboriginal people of the island) wife, but is brought out of retirement for one last job.

Koichi Sato (The Magic Hour) will play the Gene Hackman role, while veteran Akira Emoto (Villain) will take the part played by Morgan Freeman in the multi-Academy Award-winning original.

The production, due to start shooting in Hokkaido this fall and set for a Japanese release in fall 2013, is the first local remake of an Oscar Best Picture winner.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yurusarezaru mono

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sounds really cool.
    Where can I get one of those straw hats?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The only thing I understood in the video was "Hokkaido."

Also, should be great. The ending of the original Unforgiven was...satisfying.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

I'm going to make Jewish version of this title, starring an avenging Rabbi called "The Uncircumsized"

There can never be enough Samurai adaptations of films:

The Yakuza who loved me

For a Few Yen More

The Yamasaka Identity

Etc...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    I'm going to make Jewish version of this title, starring an avenging Rabbi called "The Uncircumsized"
    ROFL!

You need to make that movie even if it's just a short (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    I'm going to make Jewish version of this title, starring an avenging Rabbi called "The Uncircumsized".

Trailer with English subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Trailer with English subtitles.
    Looks really good. I really liked the original, so I can't wait to see this one.

Greetings,

Why is there a "Kung Fu Hustle" flavor to this movie? I was expecting to see Stephen Chow in every scene.

mickey