Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expendables 3

Expendables 3

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

someone told me they read something about that they may include some female action stars for the next one...dunno if its true or not.

http://www.themarysue.com/female-expendables-film/
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    someone told me they read something about that they may include some female action stars for the next one...dunno if its true or not.

http://www.themarysue.com/female-expendables-film/
    no they just are going to make a female version but im not liking any of the names being thrown out.

Jackie?

He's just talking. But it could happen. He's worked with Sly before in that horrid flick, An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn and Jackie was the Asian partner for Planet Hollywood (the now closed Singapore PH was all about Jackie). They are reputed to be friends

Джеки Чан о "Неудержимых" | Jackie Chan on "Expendables"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This really screams for an empty chair joke

Clint Eastwood has Expendables 3 in sight
    2012-09-19 22:14

The 82-year-old actor has distanced himself from the possibility of starring in the forthcoming action film, but admitted he would love to helm the movie.

When asked if he was considering a role in the motion picture, he replied to ExtraTV: "Probably not. I'm probably more apt to direct something. Maybe I'll direct Expendables 3.

"I haven't had the opportunity to see [The Expendables] yet. I haven't read any material."

Steven Seagal

The Expendables 3 producer Avi Lerner recently revealed the Hollywood legend and Harrison Ford have both been approached about appearing in the franchise - which stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger - but he was unsure whether Steven Seagal would be in the film.

He told BANG Showbiz: "I have started to speak to Clint Eastwood and Harrison Ford. I'm not sure about Steven Seagal, we'll see."

But Avi has confirmed Nicolas Cage will appear in the third instalment of the action movie franchise, and Mickey Rourke will reprise his role of mission coordinator Tool.

He explained: "We've got Nicolas Cage to play [one of the characters]. And we're going to bring Mickey Rourke back, if he won't be too crazy. I like Mickey. And of course, all the existing stars [will return]."
    All the existing stars? Jet too? He had such a minor part in E2 and seemed to say 'zaijian' during it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Cage? really ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Cage? really ??
    he was meant to be in the second one but that never happened so take it with a pinch of salt

Jackie confirms...but what does that mean?

"Expendables 3" to include Jackie Chan
    Cinema OnlineCinema Online – Mon, Dec 17, 2012 3:24 PM SGT

17 Dec – Jackie Chan has confirmed his involvement with Sylvester Stallone's "Expendables 3" as the script is currently in works to include the international action star recently at a press conference for "CZ12" in Kuala Lumpur.

"Sly had invited me to be in "Expendables 2" but I was too busy filming "CZ12" and couldn't make a commitment to the film. But he did extend his invitation to the third movie, which I agreed on the condition that I will be appearing as more than just a minor role with a few scenes," said Chan.

Chan added that he had revealed to Stallone that he hoped the third installment of the franchise would run along the lines of a 'buddy-buddy' movie should Chan be starring in it, which the "Rambo" star obliged. Currently, the script is in the midst of being worked on to meet the criteria.

Besides "Expendables 3", Chan will be buried with work in the coming year as he is also preparing for his next Hollywood fair reminiscent of the "Rush Hour" franchise, where he will pair up with a counterpart from the West. The working title for the movie is "Skip Tracer".

"The script is currently viewed by Chris Tucker. Personally, I feel that if he were to pick it up, it would be better if we turned it into "Rush Hour 4" but I do think that three movies for the franchise is a perfect ending. It would be better to start a new buddy movie with someone new," declared Chan.

Other upcoming movies up his plate include "Police Story 2013" as well as a musical tentatively named "I am Jackie Chan" being in the works which Chan has confirmed he will not be starring as himself but is currently on the lookout for child actors to play the part of his younger self.

With a busy year ahead, Chan's announcement of "CZ12" being his last action movie seem to be obsolete. The action star went on to explain that he had considered retirement upon the finish of the movie but changed his mind as he realised that it was impossible for him to retire from movies.

"What am I supposed to do if I stop making movies? Which is why, I will make an amendment to my announcement. "CZ12" will be my last big action movie. I won't be able to complete every stunt myself now and will probably relax a bit in that area by using CG effects in the future. But I will never quit movies."
    I suppose we need a thread for Skip Tracer, but we'll wait for an independent story.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Woo Woo!

Now if Woo and Jackie came on board, I'd reinvest in this franchise. Ultimately I wasn't that impressed with Ex2, mostly because of body count issues (both cinematic tallies and actual stuntman casualties).
    John Woo open to direct Expendables 3
    News Glen Chapman Jan 3, 2013

In a recent interview John Woo has been talking about his fondness of The Expendables and his interest in directing the third instalment.

Shortly after The Expendables 2 was released, we had the rumours of potential new stars for the second sequel, which saw the likes of Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood and Wesley Snipes linked, with Nic Cage reportedly already signed up. Now attention seems to have turned to who the director could be after Simon West, director of the glorious Con Air, took over directing duties from Sylvester Stallone for the sequel.

In a recent interview, John Woo had the following to say about The Expendables and the likelihood of his directing a film in the franchise:

“It was very big in China and all over the news. It was a great movie. I saw it with my family. We all love the action. Van Damme made a believable villain.”

He continued by commenting about fans lobbying for him to direct The Expendables 3: “[laughs] I read that. I am a big fan of all of those guys and will do it but I want less studio and producer interference. I want to shoot the movie the way I want. That's the difference in making a movie in China and Hollywood. In China, the studio and the producer allow flexibility to the director. One thing for sure is, I want it to take place in China. I also have a vision of this big fight between Jet Li and Van Damme but then they have killed him off.”

We'll offer a sensible solution to the death of Van Damme for you, Mr. Woo: have Van Damme return to play the twin brother of Jean Vilain and name him Claude Vilain and pass it off as a nice reference to Double Impact...

More news on the next Expendables as we get it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wesley, Jackie & Cage... according to Dolph

Got that, s_r? Cage. Nick Cage.
    Wesley Snipes and Jackie Chan are in Negotiations for “The Expendables 3″
    By Namtar. On 24 Jan, 2013 At 01:12 AM

With “The Expendables 2″ grossing over $300 million worldwide, plans are in the works for a third installment. With action star Sylvester Stallone orchestrating behind the scenes, he’ll keep making these films as long as audiences want to see them. ”The Expendables 3″ is slated to begin principal photography in September of this year with a 2014 debut to follow. “Expendable” alum Dolph Lundgren has confirmed that actors Nicolas Cage, Jackie Chan, and Wesley Snipes are on the “wanted” list to appear in the third film.

In a recent on-line interview this is what Lundgren had to say concerning the shooting schedule.

“No, I don’t think it will be until this fall. That is what I have heard. I am doing this other thing. I have this TV series, it’s called Rescue 3. It’s an action series. We are rescuing people…Or killing them, which is the case here today…I play the leader of this unit in California that saves people. We use choppers, and life guards. The coast guard…I have to do that first. That takes six or seven months out of this year. I will be done in September. From what I understand, they won’t even have The Expendables 3 ready until the fall. To go. It may work out that I can do both this year.”

Is the script ready?

“It isn’t. I haven’t seen it. I know they are working on it, but I haven’t seen anything. I’ll find out what it is in a couple of months.”

Lundgren also discussed collaborating on the screenplay with Sylvester Stallone, noting that the story is usually the least of his concerns.

“I let him go at it first. He kind of knows me creatively, and personally, because we’ve worked together quite a bit. So I will usually read the script, and then I will add a few comments about this or that. He knows all of the actors that are in the piece, and there are so many characters involved. They all want to be involved, and everyone wants to have a little something special to do. So, he tries to satisfy that. He’s done a great job so far. And I trust him. I usually add a few comments, and he is open to that. Yeah, if everything works out…All these other variables…Then I am not that worried about the script, really.”

Finally, he commented about the recent casting rumors.

“I don’t know anything for sure. I know…I have heard that they do want Wesley Snipes. They want Jackie Chan, Nicolas Cage, I have heard too. But we don’t know want is going on just yet. All of those are pretty great names. They are good actors, and I think the fans would love to see them in there, with the rest of us, for sure. Yeah.”

Who do you think should star in the third “Expendables” film?

“The Expendables 3″ is in development and is slated to start filming this September and is expected to open in theaters sometime in 2014. The film stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, and Nicolas Cage. Avi Lerner will produce. No director has been assigned to the project at this time.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

"maybe we get lucky with J. Chan"

Strangely creepy coming from Sly after the Jet/Nan Yu swap in E2.

Sly Stallone Tweets 'Expendables 3' Updates, Jackie Chan Still A Possibility
    Posted 2 hours ago by Kevin P. Sullivan in News

After "Expendables 2" expanded the cast of action legends and went on to make $300 million globally, the fanboys of the 80s throwback series wanted to know who would be added next. There were rumors of Nicolas Cage and Jackie Chan and Bill Clinton(?), but no definite words.

Now the mastermind of the series and the leader of the Expendables, Sylvester Stallone, has taken to Twitter to give his fans an update about where things stand.

"Writing EX3 at the moment," Stallone said. "There are going to be mountains of surprises."

Read more about "The Expendables 3" after the jump!

Among the non-casting changes Stallone wants to put in place for the threequel is the addition of more jokes. (As if "I now pronounce you man and knife" wasn't funny enough.)

"EX3 needs NEW blood and more humor.... The films were always meant to be more on the humorous side with moments of drama," Stallone said.

The action legend did have some casting news, but it's bad news for anyone hoping for a Steven Seagal appearance. Jackie Chan, however, may still be in the cards. "No S. Seagal, sorry ,but maybe we get lucky with J. Chan!"

Aside from the expected old-timers, Stallone wants to include a younger generation this time around. "And some young bloods!!! By young I mean 22 to 27. Not big bruisers but tech wizard, super brains and a young woman who is not a sex symbol but funny ,tough,REAL," he wrote.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

hold the phone...

Milla? Now we're talkin...
    Jackie Chan confirms role in "Expendables 3"
    From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo! NewsroomBy Desmond Yap – Thu, Jun 6, 2013 1:28 PM SGT

6 Jun - Fans of Jackie Chan can expect to see their idol on the big screen again as the superstar has just confirmed that he will be starring in "The Expendables 3", joining the original cast of Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham.

It was also revealed that "Ghost Rider" actor Nicholas Cage, Wesley Snipes and "Resident Evil" actress Mila Jovovich will also join the third instalment of the film.

The film's lead star, Sylvester Stallone, will be taking on additional duties as the film's screenwriter and producer.

"The Expendables 3" is set to be released in August 2014, with filming set to begin in September 2013.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Mel and Steven

Jul 4, 2013
    Gibson in the Bulgarian News Again, Seagal Confirmed
    Today many Bulgarian news sites have reported again that Gibson has negotiated (or is) with Stallone to play the #1 villain role in EX3. In addition to reporting Gibson, there are now new elements in the Bulgarian reports confirming that Seagal will fight Gibson alongside Stallone, Statham & Lundgren, and that the script has been rewritten many times to create enough room for so many stars specially after Schwarzenegger has joined the cast, and to include Chan, Cage, Snipes, Jovovich & Rourke.
    Well the Bulgarian media has been correct at times but not always. Hopefully they have a solid source of information this time. Gibson, Seagal, Chan, Snipes, Cage in addition to the returning EX cast, never thought they would top EX2...
    I must confess, this cast is getting downright hysterical.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ronda!

Like I said above....hysterical!
    Ronda Rousey lands role in Stallone's 'Expendables 3'
    12:39 p.m. EDT July 24, 2013

(Photo: Jayne Kamin-Oncea, USA TODAY Sports)

Ronda Rousey signed with the William Morris Endeavor talent agency earlier this year, and now she has her first major movie role.

The UFC's women's bantamweight champion has landed a role in the upcoming Expendables 3 action flick. Screenplay writer and star Sylvester Stallone announced the news late Tuesday on his official Twitter account.

Rousey is coming off yet another first-round armbar victory. She stopped Liz Carmouche in February in the main event of UFC 157, the first women's fight in UFC history. She currently is taping Season 18 of The Ultimate Fighter, which she'll coach opposite her fiercest rival, Miesha Tate. The two then will meet in a rematch for Rousey's title at UFC 168 in December in Las Vegas.

It is unknown when Rousey's work on Expendables 3 will begin or how extensive a role she will have in the film, which also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Jackie Chan, Dolph Lundgren, Steven Seagal and former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture – essentially a who's who of Hollywood action stars.

The film currently is in pre-production and, according to the Internet Movie Database, has an expected release date of Aug. 15, 2014.

Rousey will not be the first UFC fighter to venture into movies, of course. Perhaps most famously – or infamously – UFC light heavyweight Quinton Jackson got a major role as B.A. Barracus in The A-Team. And because of his commitments to the film, "Rampage" had to delay a planned main event at UFC 107 in his home city of Memphis.

That left UFC President Dana White perturbed, and since then he frequently has questioned whether it's wise for his fighters to pass up the money they make fighting for the money they make in the movies – which he argues doesn't compare to their regular jobs.

Earlier this year, not long after she beat Carmouche, Rousey was rumored to be up for a spot in The Hunger Games sequel due out later this year starring Best Actress Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence.

"You know how I feel about the movie stuff," White told FUEL TV's UFC Tonight earlier this year. "The hard part is, even like the 'Rampage' thing – when 'Rampage' did the movie, it was Rampage's dream to be a part of The A-Team and everything else. I don't want to take away any opportunities away from Ronda, but at the same time, the thing that you have to keep in perspective is that her window of opportunity as a professional athlete is (small). She could make a zillion movies when this sport's over. And where she's really going to make the money is here fighting. I don't care if she's the lead role in 'The Hunger Games 2,' she would not make anywhere near, and I mean not even in the universe, to the money she makes fighting."

Rousey has been arguably the most marketable fighter in the UFC since her arrival from Strikeforce. She's been on the cover of ESPN Magazine's "Body Issue," UFC 360 magazine's cover, co-hosted "TMZ," been written up in Rolling Stone and Sports Illustrated, been on with Conan O'Brien and had her own behind-the-scenes special on Showtime.

A movie role would just add to her constantly expanding resume. The first Expendables movie made more than $100 million at the box office when it was released in August 2010. In August 2012, The Expendables 2 fell a little short of the original's mark, making just north of $85 million around the world.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Who cares about Willis?

What about Jackie?

Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson Joining 'Expendables 3'
    10:47 AM PDT 8/12/2013 by Rebecca Ford, Tatiana Siegel

The actors will co-star with Sylvester Stallone and Harrison Ford in the film.

Earlier this year, Stallone tweeted hints about the castings, writing: "Mad Max vs Barney Ross......" and "Antonio B. ...? Could be."

Stallone also recently tweeted that Harrison Ford would appear in the third film, while Bruce Willis would not.

Moments after tweeting that Willis would not returning, Stallone added: "GREEDY AND LAZY . . . A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE."

A source with knowledge of the situation told THR that the fallout was over a specific money demand. Willis was offered $3 million for four days of consecutive work on location in Bulgaria for the film. "He said he'd drop out unless he got $4 million," this source close to the production says. "A million dollars a day. Stallone and everybody else involved said no."

Lionsgate has slated the Nu Image/Millennium Films action-adventure franchise film to open Aug. 15, 2014. Stallone returns as Barney Ross, who leads the group of mercenaries as it undertakes seemingly impossible missions. Jackie Chan and Nicolas Cage are also set to appear in the film.

Patrick Hughes is directing from a screenplay by Stallone and Richard Wenk.
    The Expendables 2, starring Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Terry Crews and Willis, opened in the U.S. on Aug. 16, 2012, easily topping the box office that weekend with $28.6 million. The Lionsgate and Millennium Films project has earned $300.4 million worldwide.

Banderas will appear in upcoming films Machete Kills and Knight of Cups. He's repped by CAA and Media Art Management.

Gibson will also appear in Machete Kills and upcoming actioner Mad Max: Fury Road. He's repped by Shanahan Management.
    Expendables 3 Producer Lists The Cast – And It’s Not What I Was Expecting
    Posted on August 12, 2013 by Brendon Connelly

With the third Expendables movie set to get rolling in just a week’s time, producer Boaz Davidson has made a pretty comprehensive cast list update on his Facebook page:That

Stallone,Statham,Ford,Gibson,
    Lundgren,Snipes,Li,Couture,
    Banderas,Rousey,Crews,
    Schwarzenegger,Ortiz,Lutz.

Or, to give them all their first names as well as surnames:

Sylvester Stallone
    Jason Statham
    Harrison Ford
    Mel Gibson
    Dolph Lundgren
    Wesley Snipes
    Jet Li
    Randy Couture
    Antonio Banderas
    Ronda Rousey
    Terry Crews
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Victor Ortiz
    Kellan Lutz

Those are all guys, bar UFC champ Ronda Rousey, which seems to kill the rumours about more women joining the pack this time.

And there’s no reference to Milla Jovovich either – or Jackie Chan and Nicolas Cage, who were apparently all negotiating their roles at the same time.

I’m sure Davidson listed every name he could depend, so it seems that a lot of people came into the orbit of this production but never touched down. I guess there could be a whole slew of eleventh hour negotiations ongoing, but that is a pretty long list of actors already.

So, with Stallone and co. apparently not going for neither more female characters or the oft-discussed introduction of much younger players, Expendables 3 is sounding a lot more like parts 1 and 2 than I had hoped. Patrick Hughes is directing, though, and his debut feature Red Hill is an absolute cracker, so I’m certainly staying optimistic.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips