Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong....

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    This is the mentality that he's tired of fighting. No matter how many tests he's had in his career - no matter how easy it is to refute the accusations of the so called witnesses - he can't win because the WADO and USADA have already decided that he must be guilty because someone, especially an American can't be that good at cycling. And they'll keep on making the accusations based on "it's hard to prove that he didn't because non epo blood doping is hard to catch".
    special ops and other military forces around the world blood dope before missions. I dont think there should be anything wrong with it. I dont havnt and wont follow this though. I dont really care about armstrong, his nuts, or competative cycling :O
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Where are you getting this info, Lucas?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Where are you getting this info, Lucas?
    From my mom
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

nah just kidding, its something i read a bit about a while back i'll try and look up some sources.

Well it is really an unsubstantiated memory that could be completely false, but its at least been looked into by more than one world military. Used actively may be a stretch. For military use the term 'loading' appears to be used rather than doping. These are some old sources, mostly 80s-90s is what i can dig up with quick googles. regardless, i dont really see blood loading/doping as a bad thing. It's your own blood, can increase performance at higher altitudes and help your endurance and stamina. Ya maybe not good in a sporting event unless everyone is doing it, but over all, its not a drug.

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc...c=GetTRDoc.pdf

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v98.n812.a06.html

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/198...fitness-levels

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3588,1256857

http://www.stormingmedia.us/99/9959/A995961.html

We measured the physical exercise capabilities of U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers (male) and determined the subsequent ergogenic influence of autologous blood reinfusion. Twelve subjects (Ss) completed maximal exercise treadmill testing in a comfortable (T sub a=20 C, T sub dp = 9 C) environment. Six Ss were later transfused with a 600 ml autologous red blood cell (50% Hct) NaCl glucose-phosphate solution and completed identical maximal exercise tests 3 and 10-days post-transfusion. Pre-transfusion, the 12 Ss had a maximal oxygen uptake (VO2 max) of 4.36 + or - 0.56 1/min and 55 + or - 4 ml/kg/min with a heart rate of 188 + or - 10 b/min and ventilatory equivalent for oxygen of 37 + or - 3. For the 6 reinfused Ss, hemoglobin and red cell volume (RCV) increased 10% (P<0.05) and 11% (P<0.05), respectively, post-transfusion. Reinfusion increased (P<0.05) VO2 max from 4.28 + or - 0.22 1/min (54 + or - 5 ml/kg/min) to 4.75 + or - 0.42 1/min (60 + or - ml/kg/min) and 4.63+ or -0.21 1/min (59 + or - 6 ml/kg/min) at 3 and 10 days post-transfusion, respectively. No significant relationship was found between the individual change in RCV and VO2 max values pre- to post-transfusion. We conclude that Special Forces soldiers have high levels of aerobic fitness that can be further increased by blood reinfusion for at least 10 days.

supposedly this book talks about it too:

http://www.amazon.com/Canadas-Secret.../dp/1895896185
    Last edited by Lucas; 08-27-2012 at 12:40 PM.

I'm not saying there arent risks involved with blood loading/doping, but just that it isnt a drug. A performance enhancer for sure though.

I was under the impression that blood doping as an advantage was unsubstantiated. I haven't really given it much thought.

I personally know people who use illegal PED's in sports and have never failed a test. They are smart and know what to do to avoid exposure. There are many ways to pass a test when you're hot. Some as simple as not using PED's for a certain amount of time before competition and others very complicated and sometimes quite extreme. Remember when football players got caught pumping clean urine into their bladder with a catheter of sorts. Nasty sh1t, but they got away with it forever.

I think he's guilty. I also think to say because he's American they want him gone is a stretch. Yeah Europe really does dislike the US more often than not, but it isn't THAT bad. I remember seeing Americans putting Canadian flags on their packs to avoid problems tho. But these days Canadians are almost as loud and just as douchy as Americans.

I remember not too long ago when his lawyer said "he passed 200 tests" then it was 300 then 4... now it's 500. I think his lawyer even thinks he's guilty. Anyone who dabbles in lie spotting will see the signs. Yeah, it isn't proof, but it's enough for me to have a preliminary opinion and if he stops fighting that is what I'm left with. I believe the witnesses against him more than I believe him. So far anyways. I could change my mind given new info.

If I was on a jury or had authority in this matter, I would give it more consideration, of course. But I'm not. And until more evidence comes out, I think he's guilty. I don't care about his nationality or that so many folks say he's a douchebag in person. I think he's guilty based on what the people that have been around him for years have said. I believe them more than him. That's all there is too it. If I was him I would have demanded the most potent tests available. Ones that run deep and go back a long time. Like with hair and such. But he didn't, why? Why would an innocent man facing such humiliation not demand more testing right from the very first accusation? It isn't like there wasn't time and opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    special ops and other military forces around the world blood dope before missions. I dont think there should be anything wrong with it. I dont havnt and wont follow this though. I dont really care about armstrong, his nuts, or competative cycling :O
    Dunno bout that one man.

you didnt really read my last long post did you? like i said actively used is probably a stretch. but tested and tried, yes it has. by multiple countries. and this is all evidenced via easily found public information. I even posted the results, in one military study.

"We conclude that Special Forces soldiers have high levels of aerobic fitness that can be further increased by blood reinfusion for at least 10 days."

you didnt really read my last long post did you? like i said actively used is probably a stretch. but tested and tried, yes it has. by multiple countries. and this is all evidenced via easily found public information. I even posted the results, in one military study.

"We conclude that Special Forces soldiers have high levels of aerobic fitness that can be further increased by blood reinfusion for at least 10 days."
    I never read your posts!

Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I never read your posts!

Did I miss something?
    Nothing important!!!

Nothing important!!!
    Whew!!! That was close!!

Wait.....I didn't read that!!!!

Okay??

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Whew!!! That was close!!

Wait.....I didn't read that!!!!

Okay??
    You're not missing anything. But you didn't read this so you don't know that!!

Just read somewhere that he ran the NY Marathon. I guess those PED's helped him secure 868th place.

You're not missing anything. But you didn't read this so you don't know that!!
    Hey!! You are pretty good...I have an opening for a bootlic......er....sidekick, if you are available?