Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Hey!! You are pretty good...I have an opening for a bootlic......er....sidekick, if you are available?
    I can be your side kick...just as long you have ribs of steel. I kick sides pretty hard.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I can be your side kick...just as long you have ribs of steel. I kick sides pretty hard.
    Well I did produce a video after all!

BTW!! Lance Armstrong is cool and wears yellow bracelets!!!!!

Just to stay on topic!

I'm impressed that we can carry this through two threads simultaneously. That shows true courage and dedication to Chinese Martial Arts, Lance Armstrong, and Bruce Lee.

All Hail KOBRA!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'm impressed that we can carry this through two threads simultaneously. That shows true courage and dedication to Chinese Martial Arts, Lance Armstrong, and Bruce Lee.

All Hail KOBRA!
    Masters of the Art of "The Two-Fisted Post"!

Blogosphere BEWARE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Masters of the Art of "The Two-Fisted Post"!

Blogosphere BEWARE!!!!!
    Two-Fists of Fury!!

BOOM!!!

You done sucka!!!!

Done!

Any of the defense still stand by what they said? Passing 500 tests with knowledge and a doctors complicity is child's play. All sports are full of junkies. I know it, you know it. Come on. People do fukced up sh1t when they start coming up short of a dream. The real victims are the guys who stayed true and the guys who never made it, but would have at least been competitive if it was a level laying field. Money buys what you need to cheat and fear gives you the nerve. The pressure can be pretty intense, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Any of the defense still stand by what they said? Passing 500 tests with knowledge and a doctors complicity is child's play. All sports are full of junkies. I know it, you know it. Come on. People do fukced up sh1t when they start coming up short of a dream. The real victims are the guys who stayed true and the guys who never made it, but would have at least been competitive if it was a level laying field. Money buys what you need to cheat and fear gives you the nerve. The pressure can be pretty intense, I'm sure.
    You've pretty much encapsulated in this post a great deal of what is wrong with us as a species and the societies we construct.

Greed and egotism = the problem to defeat. The fuel for these is also a problem.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I don't have any issues with guys using "recovery enhancers" like steroids for example.
    People do that because they train MORE than everyone else, not less.
    I do have issues with "performance" enhancers that DO give an edge at COMPETITION time.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You think he is guilty? You think he lied in that deposition?

And fear, David. Can't forget about the fear.

I find this story interesting because of all the conflicting dynamics. He should back off from LS and let it stand on it's own merit.

That and it's always fun to do behaviour analysis on people in the hot seat and it's even more fun when you find all the cues. Not proof, but I know what I would bet on.

fear is an instinct. And it is very useful.

yes, that instinct is exploited by those who would press you down and have you serve their agenda. That is a problem indeed, but, we can't legislate against stupidity or greedy ambitious jerkoffs.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think that, after the Ben Johnson fiasco, it was shown that admitting to prolonged drug use gets ALL your records eliminated while those that don't admit to anything only get whatever they did when caught at THAT time/test eliminated and you get only a minor ban.
    Look at all those that have been caught after Ben, they never admitted and the only performance that was wiped out was the one they got caught for.
    If Ben had not confessed, only the his Olympic time at the Seoul Olympics would be written off and he would have had only a 2 year suspension.
    His WR in Rome would have stayed and 2 years later he'd be back.
    That fiasco just motivated the other athletes to "stay quite" and deny even when caught.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I do not now nor have I ever used steroids or any other performance enhancing substances banned by any recognized athletic organization!

I have never failed a drug test!

And no one alive or dead or soon to be born can prove otherwise!!!!

Yet!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    fear is an instinct. And it is very useful.

yes, that instinct is exploited by those who would press you down and have you serve their agenda. That is a problem indeed, but, we can't legislate against stupidity or greedy ambitious jerkoffs.
    I meant fear of failure, fear of not living up to expectations. In respect to Lance anyways.

I think all emotions are useful. They are there for a reason. Even if it's an outdated reason, they can still be useful. They can also cause harm if you don't have some sort of control over them. Even the "good" ones. I can't tell you how many times I have overlooked bullsh1t cause I loved or had affection toward the offender. Had those feelings not been there, I would have ditched them much sooner.

Anyways, this isn't a thread about emotions or society as a whole. It's about Lance Armstrong, and drug use in sports.

I think there needs to be tougher rules, tougher tests and a no bullsh1t policy toward offenders regardless of their rank or standing. They also need to store samples of top tier athletes on a regular basis and do back-screening when new tests come out. A dirty test should be grounds for a hearing and they should determine whether it was malicious cheating or a mixup or mistake and go from there. They also need to remove substances that have no performance enhancing qualities. For example, Nick Diaz should never have lost that match over testing positive for THC, that was just stupid. He won and he won fair. Pot doesn't give you an edge. Some substances should be allowed but only to an extent. Like if you drink a coffee, that's all good. If you swallow a handful of caffeine pills, not good.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I think that, after the Ben Johnson fiasco, it was shown that admitting to prolonged drug use gets ALL your records eliminated while those that don't admit to anything only get whatever they did when caught at THAT time/test eliminated and you get only a minor ban.
    Look at all those that have been caught after Ben, they never admitted and the only performance that was wiped out was the one they got caught for.
    If Ben had not confessed, only the his Olympic time at the Seoul Olympics would be written off and he would have had only a 2 year suspension.
    His WR in Rome would have stayed and 2 years later he'd be back.
    That fiasco just motivated the other athletes to "stay quite" and deny even when caught.
    That's an enforcement issue and enforcement is the problem. People will cheat when they can, it's up to the regulating bodies to prevent cheating. We should wipe the slate clean starting today and institute the policy I outlined in the last post. That was just a nutshell outline, of course, their are many many details to work out. Past is the past and today can be a new dawn.

Speaking of dawn, I saw an add for a Red Dawn remake. Curious. Butchered or genius? Hoping for the latter.