Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I do not now nor have I ever used steroids or any other performance enhancing substances banned by any recognized athletic organization!

I have never failed a drug test!

And no one alive or dead or soon to be born can prove otherwise!!!!

Yet!
    I've failed a few.

Not for performance enhancement tho.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

The trophy room. I wonder if it still feels the same for him? I'm sure it does, he knew he was a cheater from the get go and he seems to be ok with it. And considering his past displays of egotism and a serious lack of humility, this may not even dent him. He should step away from LS, yet he doesn't. Why? for himself of course.

In a sport where they're all cheating, a doper is still the winner. Cycling is a bunch of BS anyways. Could be a cool sport. But until I start seeing a bunch of Spaniards, etc. getting perma bans, then I have no other belief than that this was simply retribution. They aren't trying to clean up the sport, Ahab just wanted his white whale.

so the bugger nutted up...or would that be he nut up?

either way, the guy confessed....to oprah
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    In a sport where they're all cheating, a doper is still the winner. Cycling is a bunch of BS anyways. Could be a cool sport. But until I start seeing a bunch of Spaniards, etc. getting perma bans, then I have no other belief than that this was simply retribution. They aren't trying to clean up the sport, Ahab just wanted his white whale.
    Yup!

Pot calling the kettle black.

If he was French they never would have investigated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    No, it was because the agency was willing to drag it out until it drained him financially. He passed over 500 drug tests utterly clean. He was done because he was spending a LOT of money against an allegation supported only by hearsay. Hearsay from a doper, no less.

People are so jealous of others' success these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I'm glad you said this - basically the international community couldn't have an American being the greatest tour de France athlete ever. They were going to witch hunt him until the end of time. Pure and total BS.

Live Strong always!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Just read somewhere that he ran the NY Marathon. I guess those PED's helped him secure 868th place.

Anyone care to backpedal? I told you!

This is a classic example of people believing what they want to believe over what is probable. Sure it was possible that he wasn't cheating. But you know, Occams Razor, right...

Bring on the civil suits!!!

He actually won a libel suit over a publication and received damages. This one will be filed, FOR SURE! Probably a counter suit for more damages than just simple recovery.

I'm curious to see if people like Nike will seek their bonus win money? I mean, cheating or not, they cashed in on him. Made many dollars with his name. Do you think they will even bother or do you think they will want this to go away? One thing I can guarantee is that their decision will be based on possible bad PR vs. possible recovery of funds. And really, for nike, it is just a small drop in their bucket. BUT, they are a corporation and they will seek money anywhere they can get it. If they think they can come out ahead on this one, they will go for it, I think. I have to say though, I do question whether they even could come out ahead in a civil suit.

Another thing I know is that the legal issues to come are gonna break this clown.

You people need to keep in mind that Lance Armstrong is the kind of guy that had to get cancer to care about cancer. The man defines egotistical douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Yup!

Pot calling the kettle black.

If he was French they never would have investigated him.
    Nobody really cares about cycling anyways.

Bring on the made for tv mini series!!!

I was wrong. I don't see how anyone could have known for sure until recent evidence came out against him.

This isn't a competition, or "I guessed right/wrong!". It only impacts LA and those who worked with him in sport or charity. It's a sad end, not a betting pool.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I was wrong. I don't see how anyone could have known for sure until recent evidence came out against him.

This isn't a competition, or "I guessed right/wrong!". It only impacts LA and those who worked with him in sport or charity. It's a sad end, not a betting pool.
    It was pretty obvious. It's not like the other guys testified for lesser sentences. They were already done. They had no reason to implicate Armstrong. It was more than a guess. It was an informed assessment.

whelp, who's up for some tour de france now?

what's that? NO interest at all?

ok then....

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    whelp, who's up for some tour de france now?

what's that? NO interest at all?

ok then....

TOUCHY........

.......I mean..............................TOUCHE!!!!

My biggest problem with Armstrong isn't that he cheated in some bike race. My problem is how he reacted to the allegations. This guy took people to court, he literally broke the whistleblowers and he used Live Strong as leverage in his manipulation of public opinion.

I say this again, Lance Armstrong only cares about cancer because HE had it. The man is the definition of self absorbed douchebag. Now we are supposed to forgive him because he manned up under years of pressure? Fuck that. This man aggressively attacked people who he KNEW were telling the truth. He had no problem taking anyone down that said anything about him that didn't fit into his lil bubble image of himself. I find it wrong that he can do all this and civil suits is the worst that will happen to him. He ruined other peoples lives for being honest and now his worst case scenario is being broke. This is what is wrong with American law. Money isn't the only way to cover civil damages. I say we make the fucker clean highways 40 hours a week for the next 10 years for 12 bucks an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    It was pretty obvious. It's not like the other guys testified for lesser sentences. They were already done. They had no reason to implicate Armstrong. It was more than a guess. It was an informed assessment.
    Jesus ****ing christ, you guessed correctly.

What the hell? You want a ****ing cookie or something?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

If he doesnt want his cookie...can I have it?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.