I'm considering starting and organizing a private Wing Chun club in East Tennessee. The club will be based in Knoxville (my backyard probably) and I would like to see if there's sufficient interest in a Wing Chun club whose primary goal is to help its members develop their wing chun skills and attributes by providing a structured setting where we can practice and train on a regular basis. The agenda will focus on forms, concepts, drills, structure, kicks, strikes, etc. I have some equipment now (kicking poles, jong, punching bag, and patio), but will get more depending on the club and our needs.

Just so you know, I don't consider myself an expert or competent, but I have gone through the three forms and the MYJ and I just want to continue to practice to get better and share what I know with mature and interested fellow wing chuners. No prior WC experience is required. Just be willing to train, practice, and help. Bring your water, your notebook, and don't make a mess and get my better-half upset.

This is my first foray and feeler to see if there's any WC interest here in East TN. Because of my work schedule most likely our meetings will be on Saturdays with some possible weekdays. But let's first see if there's interest and how the club develops, if at all.

If you're interested or want to find out more, send me a private message with your email and post a response. Also, let me know what you want to get out of this and your questions. Don't be surprise if I don't have an answer. Just so there's no surprise, all members of this club must sign a waiver and there will be nominal club due.

Moving ahead anyway. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!