Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link to the wc ancestors

Hybrid View

Link to the wc ancestors

For those who considered to have received the whole system, can you simply explained , how your sifu have certified the link to the ancestors ?

My answer will come after

Regards

I'm a White Crane Guy, not Wing Chun. My link is to the founder .... not in all that I do but by the virtue of who I am with and in that she gave rise to the art form I pursue. Having said that I am not teaching the"original" as I simply believe that it no longer exists as the art would have underwent a natural progression over generations of practitioners adding sometimes overtly often subconsciously to the art.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Blog Entries
    - My teacher's teacher married to his teacher's daughter.
    - My teacher married to his teacher's daughter.
    - My teacher's daughter only liked girls. The tradition broke right there.

Moshe was talking about wing chun- not white crane or shuai chao.
    Try not to hi jack the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    A thread hijack ? crazy talk on this forum ! I dont even bother anymore.

This is an interesting question. My sense is that there is a good bit of fantasy in most lineages. My instructor had some photos of his instructor who simply learned from his father, from his father, and so on. I don't have a sheep skin listing each person back to shaolin or anything.

Most importantly, I was also impressed by my instructors ability to fight and to teach others to fight. I could see that what was happening at the school was a legitimate fighting art that had been developed over multiple generations. It was the 80's and here it was that a school was drilling out of movement and trained all ranges of fighting (although, the grappling was admittedly weak).

Blog Entries
    After I have found out this thread is under WC (I thought it was for general discussion), I'll stay out of this thread for good.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-28-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I just wish Moshe would get to his point so it can actually be discussed without confusion. He's always vague and elusive which does not add in any way to any profundity on the topics he chooses...

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    For those who considered to have received the whole system, can you simply explained , how your sifu have certified the link to the ancestors ?

Regards
    What value adds a certificate if the method does not translate into real and practical skill? Let the hands do the talking...
    Dio perdona... Io no!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Fist View Post
    What value adds a certificate if the method does not translate into real and practical skill? Let the hands do the talking...
    I don't mean a certificate!!

Just practise and skill
    Last edited by MOSHE; 08-27-2012 at 10:13 PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Moshe's first language is not English. He said nothing about a certificate,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Moshe's first language is not English. He said nothing about a certificate,
    Written or verbal certification, what's the difference?
    Dio perdona... Io no!

Written or verbal certification, what's the difference?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sure-hands do the talking,,, but in a net forum there are various kinds of discussion.This thread was about Ng Chan at the beginning-Moshe's sigung. Moshe was asking how peop;e have conceptions about Ip Man's original wing chun.He was going to give his own views later. One can have their own opinions- doesn't hurt to listen first. IMO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sure-hands do the talking,,, but in a net forum there are various kinds of discussion.This thread was about Ng Chan at the beginning-Moshe's sigung. Moshe was asking how peop;e have conceptions about Ip Man's original wing chun.He was going to give his own views later. One can have their own opinions- doesn't hurt to listen first. IMO
    Don't see the Ng Chan reference anywhere here until you brought it up. Guess you are assuming that this thread is specifically about Ng Chan... Maybe, maybe not...

No issue with Moshe's English, just posing an honest question related to the thread's starting post. I have the general sense that in Ving Tsun circles the concern about lineage is bigger than the concern about practical skill. Not calling Moshe into question, but rather the significance of lineage talk...
    Dio perdona... Io no!

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post

Regards
    An odd question.

How can anyone, in any form verify this?

Surely the only way one can verify that they have the whole system, regardless of what his or her sifu says, is if they can use it effectively.