Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Link to the wc ancestors

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    What a surprise, a thread about someones vague cryptic (and somewhat smug at this stage) question and its well into its 5th page with no end in sight

Moshe, how well can you fight with your style?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was open minded, Now I have seen and read enough. Some things were interesting-but enough is enough for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    My speed in replying to posts has caused mistakes on numerous ocassions but now I feel silly for thinking you may even know the answer to your own question Jox!...
    Wait, is Moshe and Jox the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    Wait, is Moshe and Jox the same person?
    -----------------------------------------------
    No, I don;t think so.Spencer's typo.

Moshe, how well can you fight with your style?
    i have 3 sec to hurt any kind of opponent , and its not easy to block my arm when i launch it to attack

saying that ,im not speaking about a boxing punch

and if you mean fighting like kick boxing or free fighting ,i have no interest in that .

its not relevant to the practice of original wing chun ,i received and counter productive

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    i have 3 sec to hurt any kind of opponent , and its not easy to block my arm when i launch it to attack

saying that ,im not speaking about a boxing punch

and if you mean fighting like kick boxing or free fighting ,i have no interest in that .

its not relevant to the practice of original wing chun ,i received and counter productive
    How do you test it?

How do you test it?
    against other people for example !

i have to say again , that im not practising shi sao in an extensive way ,last time Jox came to train with me ,i did chi sao with him for the first time since 6 months before

working the right way with the dummy is the key tool

chi sao for yip man was just to keep people busy like today some sifu are taking one third on the time during the class to do cardio training

chi sao is just for beginners

against other people for example !
    Yeh but how? Sparring, organised fights? death matches?

i have to say again , that im not practising shi sao in an extensive way ,last time Jox came to train with me ,i did chi sao with him for the first time since 6 months before

working the right way with the dummy is the key tool

chi sao for yip man was just to keep people busy like today some sifu are taking one third on the time during the class to do cardio training

You have a high opinion of your lineage and yourself, how have you come to this conclusion?

Yeh but how? Sparring, organised fights? death matches?

You have a high opinion of your lineage and yourself, how have you come to this conclusion?
    Not of myself
    I went trough differents styles and even before to meet my last sifu
    I learned two other wing Chun lineages (not yip man)
    I met differents practitioners

I finally made the choice of the best potential ,the more efficient and authentic

Not of myself
    I went trough differents styles and even before to meet my last sifu
    I learned two other wing Chun lineages (not yip man)
    I met differents practitioners

I finally made the choice of the best potential ,the more efficient and authentic
    Yes, but how have you tested it?

You see that you understood my question , but you simply failed to answer
    actually I think the answer was very complete, you just lack the ability to understand it.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Yes, but how have you tested it?
    Contact,,,,

Contact,,,,
    God, i give up

Congrats on creating the longest, most pointless threads here, and thats saying something!

In that single line you have summed up your ignorance of the system. Chi sao is a vital part of the system developig and honing reflexes , it's at least on a par with the dummy, the wall bag, drilling and application work (whether you call it sparring or pressure testing or whatever) as you become more proficient so the exercise evolves and you continue to learn and hone your skills.
    Good luck with your training and if you ever get attacked by a wooden post with three arms and only one leg I'm sure you'll do well.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    In that single line you have summed up your ignorance of the system. Chi sao is a vital part of the system developig and honing reflexes , it's at least on a par with the dummy, the wall bag, drilling and application work (whether you call it sparring or pressure testing or whatever) as you become more proficient so the exercise evolves and you continue to learn and hone your skills.
    Good luck with your training and if you ever get attacked by a wooden post with three arms and only one leg I'm sure you'll do well.
    Yes mister 5% of what I know and can do

Yes mister 5% of what I know and can do
    All you seem to know well is to create pointless threads with no ending.... well done