Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Link to the wc ancestors

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    God, i give up

Congrats on creating the longest, most pointless threads here, and thats saying something!
    So precise your question or tell about you

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    So precise your question or tell about you
    You sure you arent Hendrik?

You sure you arent Hendrik?
    How did you find out ?

How did you find out ?
    Idiots of a feather flock together

Yeh but how? Sparring, organised fights?
    Didn't see this, nothing of that , I m Care for myself and I
    am not acting like an animal !

Didn't see this, nothing of that , I m Care for myself and I
    am not acting like an animal !
    I disagree... i think you are a chicken

I disagree... i think you are a chicken
    You should work on your ability of abstraction

You should work on your ability of abstraction
    Sorry i cant, im a bit busy sparring and [B]testing[B]myself..... im sure you have time between forms and the dummy

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    Wait, is Moshe and Jox the same person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    No, I don;t think so.Spencer's typo.
    Man!! Another typo!!!!

Sorry gents I must've got confused as Hendrik started the same topic on his Facebook page and Jox posts on there alot too. Bit of a Batman & Robin combination.

Reading that 'Chisau' is just for beginners sums up this whole thread really because I was under the impression MOSHE may have a bit of lingusitic power and this proves he may struggle with his Chinese as well as English.

I'm all up for people sharing their thoughts on Wing Chun, especially if they feel unique and special (don't we all!?) but to see the tone drop because a few simple questions can not be answered is just typical of this bl00dy forum.

May as well bow out for a bit myself as I have a busy few weeks ahead with work and training. But you all know what I'm like... I will be lurking in the background somewhere waiting to see something 'interesting'.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    LT please be careful with my nick..
    Yes I post on FB there, but not on the same named topic...

Peace...

J,
    I see that

Still, I haven't yet seen a comprehensive answer from MOSHE that he promised in his first post.

As ever, I will try and respond to posts that quote me or answer any questions directed at me but apart from that this forum is getting far too tiresome IMHO
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Yes mister 5% of what I know and can do
    I have a strong suspicion that what you know would fit on a very small postage stamp and what you can do would take up even less space.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    I have a strong suspicion that what you know would fit on a very small postage stamp and what you can do would take up even less space.
    You certainly still keeping some frustration since the kindergarden

Wish you the best recovery !
    Last edited by MOSHE; 08-30-2012 at 09:35 AM.

yes and for sure ,i already explained this in the ng chan thread

i explained as well the difference between mainland wing chun and leung chan/leung bik wing chun and why such a difference ,(this difference is not due to the kind of distortion you mentioned but was just the will of leung chan or other ancestors to adapt a new version more democratic and less complicated )

but its not the answer that im expecting, there is something else
    Sorry, but after a few pages of that thread I gave up, so I have no idea what was said there - different thread, different story?

Anyway, in Hung Fa Yi (which is not a Ip Man Lineage), we have what we call the '4 Big Seals' that helps maintain consistancy and understanding of the system at different levels as it's passed down. This goes beyond just Bai Si ceremony.

More can be read on that here for a general idea:
    http://www.hungfablog.com/2012/02/17...ing-chun-kuen/
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

against other people for example !

i have to say again , that im not practising shi sao in an extensive way ,last time Jox came to train with me ,i did chi sao with him for the first time since 6 months before

chi sao is just for beginners
    Same for us to a point. Typical Taan/Bong/Fook 2-hand rolling platform of chi sau is not an extensive focus either (think this is called poon sau?), but does have it's place and I wouldn't necessarily call it for beginners - it can be for advanced level trainig as well
    Now, while this configuration does have it's place in fighting too, it is only for a very limited specific range/facing/timeframe. A lot of what our beginners start with is kiu sau engagement and working from there learing about centerline, gate theories, box theories etc. IMO, this is more applicable to what one finds in a confrontation (starting non-contact to contact vs starting squared up with both hands engaged - I mean, how does one get there in the first place??).

But then, one can approach a student's learning from any point they chose I guess and start with T/B/F platfrom early on. Depends on what the teacher feels like giving and what the student needs. But my personal opinion is this type of training is focused on too heavily in a lot of WC schools.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 08-30-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    against other people for example !

i have to say again , that im not practising shi sao in an extensive way ,last time Jox came to train with me ,i did chi sao with him for the first time since 6 months before

chi sao is just for beginners
    -------------------------------------------------------

Interesting opinion... and did your si gung also say this after staying with Ip man for a while?