Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Link to the wc ancestors

Even though Moshe is an idiot, if there is a "link to the ancestors" as he so vaguely put it, then it's probably this IMO regardless of his arrogance.

Wing Chun ultimately has everything to do with control of your own body. All the drills, forms, and chi sao should, if a competent Sifu is present, teach you how to control yourself. You can only control another efficiently if you first are able to control yourself. For example, real fighting is the combination of soft stick, hard stick, distance, and structure when the opponent doesn't just let you hit him. You attack, the opponent intercepts but the distance hasn't been moved. That is soft stick where as soon as the skin stretches in your own arm and the opponent hasn't stopped his forward power to neutralize, you can switch to continue the attack. Hard stick involves moving the structure into the opponent whether he's intercepting your attack moving towards you or you're moving into him to intercept his attack. Hard stick involves your body active while your arms are passive(like pushing a car) letting you switch using the opposite principle as soft stick. As soon as his power stops moving forward you can switch immediately just like a spring releasing. Fighting with wing chun is the constant back and forth between these principles. There's of course much more but all of this, all of Wing Chun, can only be applied if you can control your own body and it's reaction to force. Has nothing to do with your training partner or opponent. If there's anything that could possibly be the "link", I would put my money on that guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    against other people for example !

i have to say again , that im not practising shi sao in an extensive way ,last time Jox came to train with me ,i did chi sao with him for the first time since 6 months before

chi sao is just for beginners
    -------------------------------------------------------

Interesting opinion... and did your si gung also say this after staying with Ip man for a while?
    i never exchange about that with ng chan , but with my sifu ,and him did

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    Even though Moshe is an idiot, if there is a "link to the ancestors" as he so vaguely put it, then it's probably this IMO regardless of his arrogance.

Wing Chun ultimately has everything to do with control of your own body. All the drills, forms, and chi sao should, if a competent Sifu is present, teach you how to control yourself. You can only control another efficiently if you first are able to control yourself. For example, real fighting is the combination of soft stick, hard stick, distance, and structure when the opponent doesn't just let you hit him. You attack, the opponent intercepts but the distance hasn't been moved. That is soft stick where as soon as the skin stretches in your own arm and the opponent hasn't stopped his forward power to neutralize, you can switch to continue the attack. Hard stick involves moving the structure into the opponent whether he's intercepting your attack moving towards you or you're moving into him to intercept his attack. Hard stick involves your body active while your arms are passive(like pushing a car) letting you switch using the opposite principle as soft stick. As soon as his power stops moving forward you can switch immediately just like a spring releasing. Fighting with wing chun is the constant back and forth between these principles. There's of course much more but all of this, all of Wing Chun, can only be applied if you can control your own body and it's reaction to force. Has nothing to do with your training partner or opponent. If there's anything that could possibly be the "link", I would put my money on that guideline.
    QUAND LE VASE EST PLEIN ,L'EAU DEBORDE , AVEC TA THEORIE A LA NOIx .JE TE MANGE EN DEUX SECONDES !

But yes you need to control your body and I'm happy for you that in your brilliant last thread you discovered that we have a brain to command the body
    Good continuation and good luck
    don't try to pump up your brain,it's not a muscle
    Last edited by MOSHE; 08-30-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    But yes you need to control your body and I'm happy for you that in your brilliant last thread you discovered that we have a brain to command the body
    Good continuation and good luck
    don't try to pump up your brain,it's not a muscle
    Now I know, without a doubt, that you have either not fought at all or beat up a small child at best. What I explained was true of all fighting regardless of style. WC just takes it a step further. And before you pat yourself on the back about your attempt at a smarta$$ response, it is obvious that you are amateur at best in your understanding of Wing Chun in theory, in practice, and in application. Good luck, hope you never have to use that awesome Wing Chun you have there in real life!

Now I a small child at best.
    sorry I didn't know that you are 15 years old

Take care body , I have fun with you

i have 3 sec to hurt any kind of opponent , and its not easy to block my arm when i launch it to attack

saying that ,im not speaking about a boxing punch

and if you mean fighting like kick boxing or free fighting ,i have no interest in that .

its not relevant to the practice of original wing chun ,i received and counter productive
    You are speaking bong sao tao, not for deflection, but for attack that comes under the chin and lifts opponents head (violently).
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 08-30-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Sounds like Saat Gang Sao. Ouch!!
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

With force plus speed, at close quarters due to the angle of the arm it is hard to anticipate or stop the "suto edge " of the hand as it flips upward off the wrist and hits intended target. Seal the breath. Lights out.

MOSHE
    Oh no nothing worth quoting as usual, grade A muppet
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Tedious!

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    With force plus speed, at close quarters due to the angle of the arm it is hard to anticipate or stop the "suto edge " of the hand as it flips upward off the wrist and hits intended target. Seal the breath. Lights out.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is another variable--the other fella...and who, what when and how.Moves are not unstoppable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is another variable--the other fella...and who, what when and how.Moves are not unstoppable.
    Yep, tedious

Quite right.

You know, with people who actually spar, this is like "no duh", not even necessary to comment on.

But then again, we are on the KFO WCK fforum....

Moshe was lying from the get go.

"....any sayings that only Master Ng Chan learned the true/unique set of Wing Chun skills is completely incorrect. Also there is no such thing as true/direct descendant of Wing Chun martial arts. This kind of statement is an insult to Master Ng and our Wing Chun ancestors.

Actually, Master Ng Chan had stated that there is no right or wrong (or even clumsy or skillful movement) in the context of martial arts. The most important is the fundamental skill of the martial artist. A person can change a clumsy skill into the right action (hereby skillful) in combat if the executioner has the right foundation. On the contrary, if a person lacks the understanding or foundation in executing any skillful movement, then it will be awkward for that person to execute any kind of skillful movement at all (and hence turning that skillful movement into a clumsy one)."

- http://ngchanvingtsun.com/vingtsun/22/Announcement.aspx
    Last edited by WC1277; 09-01-2012 at 10:13 PM.