Fu Cha Chien is an internal form associated with Qi movement
    through the eight immortal pathways. The movements should
    coinside with the Qi and various pathways. Ie; Small Circle/Grand
    Circle of Heaven (Up and Down Torso), Dai Mai (for turning),
    Yang Qiao/ Yin Wei Mai (Up and Down Legs) and finally the
    Yin/Yang Chaio of the Arms

Just my 2 cents

OTD
    I agree with all of this... I may be wrong. one of the problems within the system is nothing is standardized or corrected. Just curious as to why....??I mean many of you old time dudes have had info for along time and yet didn't share it in anyway. Except to say that not the way we learned it. Some of which would show some legitimacy to the art. Just saying. People should nt have to look out side their school for the answers .
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 09-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.

For example...

How about having a class that teaches people what the micro and macro circulation channels are or the eight extra ordinary meridians or the yin yang channels of the legs and arms and how they pertain to the forms!? Or like self stimulating pressure point during certain moves to open the channels and or move / distribute chi/qi!? I remember when the form was first taught we only scratched the surface about all of this.... Then it was off to the next form.

Looking Outside

TTM
    We have had such classes. But your teacher "must understand" what he/she is teaching. These classes are not just 2-4 hours long. They should take years.
    Years of commitment to practice and Meditation. As you call the so-called "Old-Timers" Most would answer any questions asked of them.

Just my .02 cents

OTD

awesome!

It would be great if these things were focused on rather than more forms every month. . I have done extensive training in these areas before and since leaving CSCS/SD.

I have tried to talk to people that are within the system when I was in the system 15 years and now that I havent been in 7 years. Its close to impossible , maybe I was asking the wrong people. thanks for your two cents, do you want change? haha

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    How about having a class that teaches people what the micro and macro circulation channels are or the eight extra ordinary meridians or the yin yang channels of the legs and arms and how they pertain to the forms!? Or like self stimulating pressure point during certain moves to open the channels and or move / distribute chi/qi!? I remember when the form was first taught we only scratched the surface about all of this.... Then it was off to the next form.
    Our teacher covers this as well...

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    TTM
    We have had such classes. But your teacher "must understand" what he/she is teaching. These classes are not just 2-4 hours long. They should take years.
    Years of commitment to practice and Meditation. As you call the so-called "Old-Timers" Most would answer any questions asked of them.

Just my .02 cents

OTD
    ...and as OTD mentions it's been shared over years of coursework. So I can vouch this is still taught within the system currently at least here in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    Our teacher covers this as well...

...and as OTD mentions it's been shared over years of coursework. So I can vouch this is still taught within the system currently at least here in Ohio.
    Exactly, east coast contingent.thats cool. I am happy that at least someone is getting the training they paid for. out in the west they have been clueless. I had to go outside my school to find answers. all of the east coast west coast bs screwed up the system good...i went to TCM school to learn about all this stuff. so much more to know. I woud like as much info about any of this SD stuff I have been doing for 22 years. ugh

Screwup?

I have had the form since 1974. On the 1992 trip to Bandung, the White Lotus
    Society (Tjie Tong - GMS Colegue) club performed it for us. Very little difference
    from what I was taught. BTW the trip was sponsered by the west coast group??
    Therefore the East coast has not changed...............
    Again just my .02 cents
    OTD

Blog Entries
    Society (Tjie Tong - GMS Colegue) club performed it for us. Very little difference
    Again just my .02 cents
    OTD

I had no idea this form was taught in the 70's.

Again just my .02 cents
    OTD
    no sir, you misunderstand. I meant the whole east/ west coast thing has really screwed up the system. meaning their is no continuity in the way its been passed down and the information has been limited . especially between east west factions. seeing as west coasters were not / are not allowed to associate with those of the east coast....

since 1974 ? awesome! I believe this came up once before in this thread.

anyway....its one of my favorites.

Also, when I meant change, I meant for the .02 cents.as a joke

Sh!t I should be paying you for sharing the information with me , thanks.

Otd

thank you for correcting my misinformation sir. I really appreciate it!

And sharing more info !

Blog Entries
    TTM& BW

It was not taught formally till later, Some forms were taught/shown or given as gifts. They were considered treasures and kept to themselves untill they were
    taught out to the masses. I am not quite sure but I believe the attached is/could be the beginning of the form....I will have to "root" for my original notes.

OTD
    Could you tell us what material was taught as gifts before being taught to the masses?

Others

From my perspective alone:
    Green Dragon Bo T'ai Chi sword
    Skewer the Sun Sword Seven Star Sword
    Table Top Sword China Hands #1,2,3 & 4

Three White Cranes Pai Hur Chaun Su, Sip & Chuon Chou
    These were originally given out under their Fujian dilect
    Ie Pai Hur Chuan Chou was Pe'k Ho Ng'a Pla (not sure on the Spelling)
    OTD
    Last edited by OTD; 09-16-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Aviary Error