Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Horse Stance!

The Perfect Horse Stance!

Finally, a perfect horse-stance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFxQQ1kf5cU

The perfect horse stance is not tops of thighs parallel with the ground. The fact that I see this parroted all around the internet shows just how little understanding of actual body mechanics and structure people have. At lowest for training the bottoms of the thighs would be parallel to the ground.
    -Golden Arms-

Agreed

everyone is just tearing Jake a new one at every turn. Its far from perfect, but with some minor adjustments it could be.

Blog Entries
    everyone is just tearing Jake a new one at every turn. Its far from perfect, but with some minor adjustments it could be.
    if the chump wasn't so self centered and a fukkin fraud.....he could get some good pointers from people. as it is, he thinks he is completely perfect in every way. no one is as good as he or can do things for as long as he claims. punk ass chump i say.

also, that whack ass horse stance he's doing isn't good for nothin but a pose. he'd get clobbered clubber lang style.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

You know, I barely read that discussion on this guy, and dont really care either way. I found this clip and didnt know it was the same guy until it was just mentioned. Anyway, I put this up not to beat the guy down although I did find it obnoxious, but to raise the question "how do we determine what is the perfect horse stance" and see what people think.

How did he qualify that to be the perfect horse stance? Hes not the first one either to do it like that and think it glows. But how do others feel about this stance and how it should be performed?

Might as well put my own opinion too. I think the bottom of the thighs should be level with the top of the knees, otherwise the hips are too open and lose power and stability, mostly when transitioning. I also think the feet should be angled outward, around 15 to 30 degrees, to that the knees are not too stressed. Looking from the side, the crown of the head should be over the perineum, and the perineum should be over the instep of the foot. You cant put too much strain on the joints with torquing them, and you have to be able to transition properly, so I think it can be qualified but needs to be asked why.

Blog Entries
    How did he qualify that to be the perfect horse stance? Hes not the first one either to do it like that and think it glows. But how do others feel about this stance and how it should be performed?
    self appointed. feels it was mandated by the god of Kungarate. FUK HIM

the guy sticks his chest and and arches his back and talks about how he flexes his biceps. **** HIM. lol

i still can't get over him saying that a monkey has a BEAK. a fukin beak, and in the form he does he says the monkey raises twin beaks.

MONKEY BEAKS......
    while using MANTIS HANDS TO BOOT!

he won't fight in that horse....so why practice it so wide? cause he's GREAT...just ask the chump.

agreed

I noticed you are the most disgruntaled of all, understandable so.

He definately needs to be knocked down a few notches.

Its funny what can happen to a guy in a couple years.He used to be pretty humble kid.

I guess after being kicked out twice and winning a lawsuit against Sin The' hes pretty full of himself.

btw the Shaolin Wu Hsing form is from the book. period.

Blog Entries
    if the chump didn't steal our form, re-label it, and then has no obvious clue to how its performed or applied, i could care less. but i HATE kungarate especially when their isn't a true gung fu root to that chumpish tree.

Horse for fighting and horse for developing the body are done differently. The horse for training builds and develops attributes used in the horse "stance" one would use fighting, but in fighting it is a shape you move through, and must be dynamic. There seems to be so much misunderstanding out there in the Chinese martial arts.
    -Golden Arms-

monkey beaks... wtf? Seriously though, that's hilarious!

I'm gonna get a shirt: Monkey Beaks!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Horse for fighting and horse for developing the body are done differently. The horse for training builds and develops attributes used in the horse "stance" one would use fighting, but in fighting it is a shape you move through, and must be dynamic. There seems to be so much misunderstanding out there in the Chinese martial arts.
    it's all the monkey beaks. Those don't help one iota.

Next up: Fish Claws!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dont forget the Tiger Fin and the Crane's Roar.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Anyone who claims that anything they are doing as perfect, has a lot to learn. Sure, I've seen worse horse stances. Also the idea of what is 'ideal' can and does vary from style to style...human physiology aside...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    if the chump didn't steal our form, re-label it, and then has no obvious clue to how its performed or applied, i could care less. but i HATE kungarate especially when their isn't a true gung fu root to that chumpish tree.
    totally agree. he didnt steal, it he was taught it by his teachers who borrowed / stole it.!. but to lie and say all this other stuff is BS. he needs to be honest about it. I learned it from both SD / CSC and DFW lineage student. Its like night and day.

Why not just learn the real set then from the style it originates with? Why perpetuate garbage?

i confuse