Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Horse Stance!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Why not just learn the real set then from the style it originates with? Why perpetuate garbage?

i confuse
    If sin the learned it from DFW or Lau Bu lineage then he would have a claim to it, but a book? Its his ego, know wonder jake is so high on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    If sin the learned it from DFW or Lau Bu lineage then he would have a claim to it, but a book? Its his ego, know wonder jake is so high on himself.
    well at least he was able to fully incorporate one of his teachers lessons!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

well at least he was able to fully incorporate one of his teachers lessons!!
    yeah no SH!T!! haha

Blog Entries
    That guy's horse stance is "too wide".

If you use your right foot to "spring" his left foot from inside out, it doesn't take much force to take him down. That's the principle - if you want to stand wide, I'll help you to stand even wider. If he makes that horse stance smaller, you will find it gets harder to "spring" him down. When he makes his horse stance much smaller, you will find out that it gets much more harder to spring his left leg from inside out. But you will also find out that it will get easier to sweep his left foot from outside in. That's the principle - if you want to stand narrow, I'll help you to stand narrower. When you find that balance point, it's hard to spring from inside, and also hard to sweep from outside, you have found the "best horse stance".

It's a bell curve. There is only one spot that can give you the best balance for your horse stance.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2254/bellcurve.jpg
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-31-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Agreed, that sounds like a good way of explaining the feeling of a horse stance for fighting. If you are developing the body you may use the same angles, but add some twisting of the tissues to take up the slack and get the body to develop them further.
    -Golden Arms-

Blog Entries
    Monk Beaks, Tiger-monkeys doing the worm. he also called the Identifiably HUNG GAR single finer point to the sky a crane hand. cranes have hands?

anyway, mr rydberg uses words like AWESOME, THE BEST, PERFECT....etc in reference to himself. look at how he stares into the camera with that empty gaze he has. its a little like a serial narcissistic psycho douche bag
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    That guy's horse stance is "too wide".

If you use your right foot to "spring" his left foot from inside out, it doesn't take much force to take him down. That's the principle - if you want to stand wide, I'll help you to stand even wider. If he makes that horse stance smaller, you will find it gets harder to "spring" him down. When he makes his horse stance much smaller, you will find out that it gets much more harder to spring his left leg from insid out. But you will also find out that it will get easier to sweep his left foot from outside in. That's the principle - if you want to stand narrow, I'll help you to stand narrower. When you find that balance point, it's hard to spring from inside, and also hard to sweep from outside, you have found the "best horse stance".

It's a bell curve. There is only one spot that can give you the best balance for your horse stance.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2254/bellcurve.jpg
    I totally agree with this.

the feet are still turned out a little too much and he is leaning a little too forward. but way better than jakes.

i just wanted to make you guys look at a sweaty monk crotch

the feet are still turned out a little too much and he is leaning a little too forward. but way better than jakes.
    WRONG

he is doing it correctly

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

This isn't really a good comparison. The monk looks to be a lot shorter than Jake and so will naturally look more compact. The way his legs are bent if you viewed him from the side you'd probably critique him for "sticking his butt out too far." Whereas if he opened his legs more to be more coplanar you'd criticize him for being "too wide." There are only so many ways to bend.

IMO a deep horse stance is primarily a training stance. I don't think anybody expects to have superior mobility from this stance vs. a higher stance.

Jake is just one of plenty of BAD sifus in Phoenix. Shaolin Do is not even the only plague of bad kung fu in town I can think of 3 others which make up pretty much most all the schools here. There's a few good teachers in town but I use the word few very sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Cup View Post
    It's good and best so far, but his feet are still turned out, or externally rotated. Just like our shoulders and hips, our feet should be squared to the outside not the inside. With jakes you have the anterior pelvic tilt and the lack of using the drawing maneuver to put his hips in a neutral pelvic position. He compromises his posture by abducting his legs too far from the medial line for depth etc .....
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 08-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.