Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadcasting chi to knock someone out at a distance--is it possible?

Broadcasting chi to knock someone out at a distance--is it possible?

Actually..

My question should be not 'is it possible"..but rather "is it LIKELY".

I've met some people who claim to be able to knock someone out from a distance using chi-projection.

One individual had people attack him and moved his body a certain way from a distance and the opponents fell..

Can anyone say with decades of practice if it's possible?

I dont believe its possible or likely. The closest recorded accounts I've personally read are japanese samurai/sword masters projecting kiai and subduing small birds at a close range. But that also could be a complete falacy, or even just do to shock a particular breed of bird may experience under such conditions..ie: a set up.

qi projection though to knock someone down/out? nope. If I ever met anyone claiming that I would ask them to do it to me and then laugh when they couldnt.

Here is what really happens when a Kiai master /Qi projector of a high rank meets a fighter who is not a brain washed student.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Years ago I was a Pentecostal minister. I knew of several "evangelists" that would wave their hands toward people and they would fall over. Same phenomenon, gullibility is a powerful tool.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Years ago I was a Pentecostal minister. I knew of several "evangelists" that would wave their hands toward people and they would fall over. Same phenomenon, gullibility is a powerful tool.
    I also am an ordained Penecostal minister. I am an aethiest too, but I can preach up a storm for you. Now, It is usually called The Holy Spirit, but it is self inflicted. If you believe in something strong enough you will feel it or it will effect you. Only a true believer would approach the evangelist to be healed anyway, so naturally he or she would collapse at a simple touch.
    I think that this is exactly what is happening with these Chi Shooters. Chi is only the energy within your body and you can not project it in any way. It is not some force you can control. It is simply the energy of life within your body.
    I was walking to work one day, and I was short cutting down an alley behind some row houses. Only Chinese people lived in these old homes. I heard a loud, Hai!! and wondered what it was. There was this tall concrete wall around the back yard. I heard that several times and so climbed up and peeked over to see. An old gentleman seen me and envited me in. He explained that he was trying to develop his Chi to the point of killing a small bird in a cage. I watched him for a time then left. I stopped the next day and had a few more questions for him. I asked him if he had ever killed the birds. He said he had never been able to kill a bird yet. I asked him how long he had been trying and he said he had been working on it for 25 years.
    Jackie Lee

Kidding aside..

This is what I am talking about..at the 1:39 second mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGfx1...ure=g-logo-xit

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    Actually..

My question should be not 'is it possible"..but rather "is it LIKELY".

I've met some people who claim to be able to knock someone out from a distance using chi-projection.

One individual had people attack him and moved his body a certain way from a distance and the opponents fell..

Can anyone say with decades of practice if it's possible?
    As an individual who has trained in Lin Kong Jing zhan zhuang (the system taught originally by Paul Dong) for over 10 years the answer is:

NO!

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either deluded or is being dishonest.

Lin Kong Jing

Watch Out for LKJ Scam Artists

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    Kidding aside..

This is what I am talking about..at the 1:39 second mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGfx1...ure=g-logo-xit
    that video is only 1:24 long.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

We've discussed this before on other threads

I'm too tired right now to search&post or merge.

Read No Touch Knockouts: Pressure Points and Qi Projection (2002 July/August) by me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm too tired right now to search&post or merge.

Read No Touch Knockouts: Pressure Points and Qi Projection (2002 July/August) by me.
    I think I still have that issue somewhere in storage...

It's an interview with Wally Jay and you ask him to do a "no touch knockout" on you right?

If I remember correctly, he wasn't successful. Also I think the article included some sort of "Qi Ball" type exercise, right?

Regardless, I'm still quite sure that no one can knockdown or knock out a determined, aggressive attacker with their "Qi" (I use Yang, Jwing Ming's definition: bioelectromagnetic energy).

I don't doubt that one person can feel the Qi of another. But causing physical damage or unconsciousness with it is a whole other story...

It was Wally's son, Leon

I did challenge Leon to knock me out without touching me. He was unsuccessful. I saw Leon at Wally Jay: Memories of a Legend about two months ago. He said he was up to an impressive number of no-touch knock outs, but I can't remember exactly what that number was.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I did challenge Leon to knock me out without touching me. He was unsuccessful. I saw Leon at Wally Jay: Memories of a Legend about two months ago. He said he was up to an impressive number of no-touch knock outs, but I can't remember exactly what that number was.
    I would be curious to see how many of those are against non-compliant, non students, that are resisting.

Gene,

Thank you! I didn't know it was acutually posted before. I will look for it.

Best,
    LTN

Oh yes it's completely possible. The first step is mastering your back flexibility so you can lean all the way backward and firmly insert your head into your rectum.

In his attempts, did you get knocked about? Did you actually feel the impact of his Chi? Or was there any sensation at all? In all, everyone I have ever spoken with on this subject told me no, nothing at all.
    Jackie Lee

"As an individual who has trained in Lin Kong Jing zhan zhuang (the system taught originally by Paul Dong) for over 10 years the answer is: "

Not to offend...

But it took you over a deacade to realize that it was bogus?