Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadcasting chi to knock someone out at a distance--is it possible?

Here is the simple answer: whenever you hear someone say they can do this, simply ask them to do it to you. It doesn't work if you're not a willing or gullible participant.

Every time I read something on this I have to think the people wondering about it are not adults. Projecting Chi is like voodoo, magic, or some other BS. Ima tell you agin. You can not project your chi in any form or fashion. It cannot be done, not by anyone. Anyone claiming to be able to do it are liars, and they know that they are liars. And anyone that keeps asking and asking about it are just wishing and hoping that it is real so that they have a chance of learning it. It just can't be done and that is that. Forget about it and move on. Look into something that is more realistic. Study pressure points, Dim Mak, things like that. It is real and you can learn it. You just can't poke your finger into something from across the room.
    Jackie Lee

Actually Lee pressure points aren't all that useful. They're hard to locate reliably under pressure because they're so small which means if you could use a pressure point you are under little enough pressure from your opponent that you could simply use any number of restraining joint locks.

Feeling another person's qi is easy and learning how to use qi is vey important for learning things like fajin. Also people with some practice can certainly use it in healing other people which means that it can also be used for hurting other people. However the highest level that I have experienced has just been making people dizzy. I don't know if it's possible to do more than that but since it's not likely to find any honest practitioner who can knock out and is willing to teach it I'd say forget about it.
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 09-04-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    "As an individual who has trained in Lin Kong Jing zhan zhuang (the system taught originally by Paul Dong) for over 10 years the answer is: "

Not to offend...

But it took you over a deacade to realize that it was bogus?
    No offence taken...you're right, it should have taken me much less time to realize that. I blame most of it on being young and simply wanting it to be true.

But I want to be clear that I don't think the entire system is bogus - the zhan zhuang, the qigong, the mental drills (which help you build a "fighters mindset"), and the strength building drills all have their place. I just don't think any of that training will allow you to harm a serious attacker with Qi.

So, I still train a variation of Paul Dong's system and I still call it Lin Kong Jing training...it just has a different meaning for me.
    Last edited by donjitsu2; 09-04-2012 at 06:01 AM.

If it was possible, don't you think it would be widely studied and used?

Of course it's not possible, probable or likely. It's nonsense.

An air cannon? yes. A human being? NO. emphatically.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Actually Lee pressure points aren't all that useful. They're hard to locate reliably under pressure because they're so small which means if you could use a pressure point you are under little enough pressure from your opponent that you could simply use any number of restraining joint locks.
    Again with the ignorance and assumptions. You have not been in many real fights and it shows.

If you can hit harder and stronger than an untrained person any point you hit can be a pressure point.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

Pressure points aren't that hard to find or to attack...

In fact, back when I used to work as security I would use pressure point grabs and holds all the time to gain the compliance of unruly individuals I was arresting.
    Last edited by donjitsu2; 09-04-2012 at 10:42 AM.

"Every time I read something on this I have to think the people wondering about it are not adults"

Was that necessary?

donjitsu,

I really didn't mean to imply that you are gullable,etc.
    I myself do reserve a very small ammount of doubt as to whether its not possible otherwise I would not have posted the thread..

Perhaps a more moderate view to take would be I think it's possible to "listen to force" and "dissolve force" such as in Tai Chi...after all, it's part of the basis for the art when blending in with the opponents energy.

Knocking someone down without touching them..by necessity requires looking at added variables such as the opponents (as well as the broadcaster of chi) belief system, effects of the environmental setting(this is seen in NLP or neurolinguistic programming), energy level of both participants, force of energy directed, distance between opponents,etc...

I do not think it's IMpossible..

I do wonder how likely it is...
    Last edited by LaterthanNever; 09-04-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Chi is something that is always of question by the public because there are so many different definitions given. In reality, your chi is simply your drive train. It is the bodily energy that you expend in order to carry out your daily chores. Your personal core energy. When you die, it ceases to exist. But as long as you live there has to be at least some life force energy. This energy can not be extended beyond your own outer peremeters. It can not be extended beyond the tips of your fingers beyond the skin. You can indeed learn to use this core energy, or Chi, to your best advantage, but you simply cannot use it as a projected weapon.
    As for pressure points, there are likely a couple hundred of them that are very easily available for use. They are not pin points of nerves, but large areas that can be accessed quite easily. You can grab someone using pressure points, hit someone using pressure points, kick someone using a pressure point. In fact, almost everything I do amounts to the use of pressure points. They work for me too. Even blocking or parying a blow is usually done in a way that I strike a pressure point, and it is usually very effective.
    Jackie Lee

"It can not be extended beyond the tips of your fingers beyond the skin."

Again..how do we know this for certain? Science tells us that it's impossible for a bumblebee to fly! And yet? It DOES!

Our energy body extends beyond our skin.

"It can not be extended beyond the tips of your fingers beyond the skin."

Again..how do we know this for certain? Science tells us that it's impossible for a bumblebee to fly! And yet? It DOES!
    I think they mean they don't understand how it can fly, not that it is impossible. It is a matter of expression. By saying "It is impossible" they really mean they don't understand how it can happen according to known rules of aerodynamics.

It is clearly "possible", because it occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    Our energy body extends beyond our skin.
    Our energy fields extend beyond our body's physical boundary, how those fields interact with our environment is still open to discussion.

Actually..

My question should be not 'is it possible"..but rather "is it LIKELY".

I've met some people who claim to be able to knock someone out from a distance using chi-projection.

One individual had people attack him and moved his body a certain way from a distance and the opponents fell..

Can anyone say with decades of practice if it's possible?
    Since I choose to be a creature of cause and effect, I look at it this way!

Take 2 people, train 1 in MMA or BJJ, and train the other in chi fighting, who do you thik will be the winner after 6 months of training. We have to specify "touch' or 'no touch chi fighting'. It is that simple, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Since I choose to be a creature of cause and effect, I look at it this way!

Take 2 people, train 1 in MMA or BJJ, and train the other in chi fighting, who do you thik will be the winner after 6 months of training. We have to specify "touch' or 'no touch chi fighting'. It is that simple, don't you think?
    Yeah but the chi fighter will be able to defeat the MMA in 80 years, plus or minus,.....

......or as soon as the MMA dies from old age!