Thread: Real Sparring With Wing Chun

Hybrid View

Real Sparring With Wing Chun

The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

A decent kicker that is an actual fighter would likely have torn that guy in half. I respect both of them for getting in there.
    -Golden Arms-

That WC guy needs to go to chain punchers anonymous.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by SAAMAG View Post
    That WC guy needs to go to chain punchers anonymous.
    LOL, my sifu yelled at us for chain punching. I have never really understood it. I guess that I can see it as a way to break up the usual "full-beat" rhythm of delivery, but as a staple tactic, WTF? ugh!

The commitment to the chain punch is the doom of WC.

Here is WC versus an empty hand Filipino fighter. Dale Frank/Rwilson. It's light sparring, but It is interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8PK8j_Y5Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    A decent kicker that is an actual fighter would likely have torn that guy in half. I respect both of them for getting in there.
    i think the second guy was a little better than the first. But if you look closely that WC guy had a very good kick defense. I had to watch a few times to catch what he was doing but he utilize some stop kick techniques to stun the other guys power as well.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

thought the guy did ok. He'd have done better to use something other than chain punches alone to control the other guy's arms and posture. As for his kicking defence not sure I agree with the assessment above, I thought it was a bit suspect.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    thought the guy did ok. He'd have done better to use something other than chain punches alone to control the other guy's arms and posture. As for his kicking defence not sure I agree with the assessment above, I thought it was a bit suspect.
    In my experience against TKD guys. if you can jam the kick its often enough to just go in and blast him with chain punches after. Most have a ****ty upper body arsenal in close quarters.
    Against a kickboxer or thaiboxer, not so good an idea

In my experience against TKD guys. if you can jam the kick its often enough to just go in and blast him with chain punches after. Most have a ****ty upper body arsenal in close quarters.
    Against a kickboxer or thaiboxer, not so good an idea

Here's a young fighter with a non chain-punch attack that may have been training in front of a mirror more than he should. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU8B6...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Here's a young fighter with a non chain-punch attack that may have been training in front of a mirror more than he should. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU8B6...eature=related
    True, that particular WC man has a couple vids out there. But this is an example of man vs man more than style vs style. The other guy simply couldn't fight...at all. It looked like the WC guy might have just grabbed a cab driver and dressed him up in shorts.

I'd like to see him up against a non WC guy who's skill and training more closely match his own.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    his muay thai was weak!

Video Break down

first 21 seconds in...WC guy uses gum da and pak da and gan da to defend against kicks and punches!

time 0:27 he utilizes lifting knee to cover a mid wheel kick an uses lop sau to gain entry to established the chain punches to control the center line and disrupt his opponents structure while using chasing horse.

time 3:08 he uses cross arms gan saus to block incoming kick

time 3:16 he uses to lifting knee to defend round house kick, he uses a low kick to opponents post to disrupt his structure while he continously palm strikes his forehead mutlitple times.

time 3:20 he sweeps opponents kicking leg, and while opponent is off balance he attempts to recover by striking, wc guy intercepts opponents strike an redirects him to nothingness

i also liked how used the chain punches as a hammer on the first opponent when he raised his elbow to cover...Very good tactic...

Also when he fights the long hair guy...he uses alot of stop kicks...if you slow it down in your mind you will see him neutralize alot of kicks before they are launched by simply meeting the kick!

Very good show or authenic wing chun
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 09-05-2012 at 02:00 PM.