Thread: Sad to report a Death

Sad to report a Death

I am sad to report the death of my friend, Sihing and Sifu, Chao De or as known to some of you Danny Chao. He posted on the forum as Horserider.

He fought cancer for some time but it finally got the better of him. He was a great friend and martial artist and was most concerned with the martial aspect of the art. He learned and fought as a professional Thai boxer and was a very good free style and greco roman wrestler.

It had been his desire to bring his families Wing Chun to the public. To this end he had been conversing with some of you here. I will try to continue to answer the questions that people had been asking him. Although I am limited due to my lack of understanding of the various dialects his family speaks. At his request I am going to put together a few basic videos and make them available to those that request them.

The Wing Chun comes from Leung Jan through his student Lo Kwai also known as Chu Yuk kwai or Butcher Kwai. While not well known in the west many in China know of him as Leung Jan's second at challenge matches and as the person that arranged the first meeting between Leung Jan and Fung Sui Ching. He also mediated the dispute between Fung Sui Ching and Chan Wah Shun.

The family has kept a written record of their art that was started by Lo Kwai and has been passed down and added to till this time.
    Last edited by hunt1; 09-04-2012 at 02:21 PM.

My condolences. Sounds like a good man.

My commiserations to you and his family.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    My commiserations to you and his family.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditto. Sorry to hear this Hunter.

joy

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    I am sad to report the death of my friend, Sihing and Sifu, Chao De or as known to some of you Danny Chao. He posted on the forum as Horserider.

He fought cancer for some time but it finally got the better of him. He was a great friend and martial artist and was most concerned with the martial aspect of the art. He learned and fought as a professional Thai boxer and was a very good free style and greco roman wrestler.

It had been his desire to bring his families Wing Chun to the public. To this end he had been conversing with some of you here. I will try to continue to answer the questions that people had been asking him. Although I am limited due to my lack of understanding of the various dialects his family speaks. At his request I am going to put together a few basic videos and make them available to those that request them.

The Wing Chun comes from Leung Jan through his student Lo Kwai also known as Chu Yuk kwai or Butcher Kwai. While not well known in the west many in China know of him as Leung Jan's second at challenge matches and as the person that arranged the first meeting between Leung Jan and Fung Sui Ching. He also mediated the dispute between Fung Sui Ching and Chan Wah Shun.

The family has kept a written record of their art that was started by Lo Kwai and has been passed down and added to till this time.
    Sad news to lose ones teacher, my condolences. Was Chu Yuk Kwai a butcher by trade or reputation ?

Always sad to lose anyone. More so when they hold a special place in the heart.

My prayers are with you and family.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Thank you all for you kind wishes.

Yes Kevin, he was a butcher by trade. He was known for his knife skill and training while working was a key to attaining his skill. It is said he was the first to use the butcher clever/chopper style of knife.

>Bows deeply<
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Condolences. May he RIP. Please post up any video to preserve his family's art if that is in accordance with his wishes.

Sorry to hear of the sad news. Condolences, to his Family,friends and students of his lineage.. Do you have a picture of him?
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Sympathies and condolences sent during your time of remembrance.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"