Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wing Chun Stiff and Rigid?

Yoshiyahu,

I'd start with this:

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/09/24...-conversation/

But consider more than anything the value of your statements and questions.

Personally, I would think most readers would get little value out of:

So when you fight with WC. Do you utilize your structure along with free flowing motions?
    Because the answer for any Kung Fu person, not even specific to WC, is going to be a pretty obvious yes. It's a facet of wing chun, and while we all do it differently, all WC has an idea of flowing (lau) and loi lau hoi sung lut sao jit chung.

My 2cents would be to ask fewer questions, but ask questions that have the potential to create more value to people, questions that make them have to reflect on their own training to get an answer.

Best,

That's actually a cool website. I think I'll bookmark it. I haven't reviewed how to remove a fishing barb in a long time.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Add more like what?
    Like "substance" ... and I don't mean the kind you would abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    Like "substance" ... and I don't mean the kind you would abuse.
    give me some examples of substance?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

give me some examples of substance?
    Let me see if I can help, and I mean no slight by this. Go back thru the last 2-3 pages of this thread. You will notice almost all of your posts are just question after question after question. You ask a question, someone answers, you ask another, someone answers, etc. All the way up to this last one. So, very little 'substance'. And this can be seen on most of your threads.

To have a good discussion, there has to be give and take and sharing of ideas - this promotes healthy dialog. You do, on a rare occasion, give your view of things, but typically all the threads you start are asking a lot of questions with no view of your own on the subject and repeat with more questions. Maybe you're just trying to get things going, but it makes you come off as beggar or someone learning WCK over the internet. Now, if we take your word that you have over 15 years experience in WCK, then this is not the case. So for someone to want to talk with you, it is only fair to give some view in return - again, some 'substance'.
    Unless you are actually a newbie trying to learn? Which is fine too, but you claim otherwise..

Just my thoughts. Maybe wtxs is thinking something else
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

I asked questions because everyone has different backgrounds...i can go into a spill of what i learn and what i innovated on my own because its what works for me...but what i learned everyone else doesnt know about...an what i devised or figured out that works for me may not work for everybody...

So i share ideas and theory to allude to my points of view and allow others to discuss their view points and their perspectives to enjoy the intellectual side of it. I dont want wanna be one of those guys like T Niehoff and be like your doing WCK all wrong because u dont do this and that...i just simply wish to have a discussion an get people talking...like they did on another thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Let me see if I can help, and I mean no slight by this. Go back thru the last 2-3 pages of this thread. You will notice almost all of your posts are just question after question after question. You ask a question, someone answers, you ask another, someone answers, etc. All the way up to this last one. So, very little 'substance'. And this can be seen on most of your threads.

To have a good discussion, there has to be give and take and sharing of ideas - this promotes healthy dialog. You do, on a rare occasion, give your view of things, but typically all the threads you start are asking a lot of questions with no view of your own on the subject and repeat with more questions. Maybe you're just trying to get things going, but it makes you come off as beggar or someone learning WCK over the internet. Now, if we take your word that you have over 15 years experience in WCK, then this is not the case. So for someone to want to talk with you, it is only fair to give some view in return - again, some 'substance'.
    Unless you are actually a newbie trying to learn? Which is fine too, but you claim otherwise..

The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

I asked questions because everyone has different backgrounds...i can go into a spill of what i learn and what i innovated on my own because its what works for me...but what i learned everyone else doesnt know about...an what i devised or figured out that works for me may not work for everybody...
    My feedback. Discussion is good. However, if you start from the most general perspective and ask questions, it isn't. Like for example, lots of threads asking "what is the meaning of life?". Too broad and general. Everyone has already discussed it on other threads. It takes too long to explain. Etc. People want to see the effort YOU put into discussion and to carry it on. Not to have you as a moderator introducing topics but not really contributing to them. We don't want the forum filled with over general convo threads with nobody contributing.

So i share ideas and theory to allude to my points of view and allow others to discuss their view points and their perspectives to enjoy the intellectual side of it. I dont want wanna be one of those guys like T Niehoff and be like your doing WCK all wrong because u dont do this and that...i just simply wish to have a discussion an get people talking...like they did on another thread!
    Some of your threads do well. The majority crash and burn. That's not bad, actually. We need to keep the convo going. However, if you'd refine your "too general" threads, it would be a lot better. Try and ask one more level of detail in steps, share one more layer, etc.

My .02.

JP ... didn't you say some thing about not wanting to keep beating the already DEAD horse any more on another Yoshi's thread?

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    JP ... didn't you say some thing about not wanting to keep beating the already DEAD horse any more on another Yoshi's thread?
    lol, I guess I believe in giving people second chances... and third chances.. and..... OK fair enough
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

lol, I guess I believe in giving people second chances... and third chances.. and..... OK fair enough
    thanks JPinAZ

thanks JPinAZ
    uh, ok... what I was getting at is maybe it's about time to stop trying to help those that don't both to help themselves (hint hint). And the 'fair enough' was in agreement to wtxs's point about beating an already dead horse.

uh, ok... what I was getting at is maybe it's about time to stop trying to help those that don't both to help themselves (hint hint). And the 'fair enough' was in agreement to wtxs's point about beating an already dead horse.
    Hey JP ... remember that starved and lost puppy?

yea allow the horse to die in peace!