Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Stiff and Rigid?

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    WTF are you even talking about? And didn't you reply to this already?
    Obviously you are hard up for attention having to re-reply to posts. Must be a sad day in Trollsville..
    Translation
    Yes, I have vanquished many evil-doers with my chi. I started out doing this primarily in my time spent as a lARPER. In the last two years, I realized that I do truly have chi powers so I have taken to the streets as a masked avenger.

IMO, this is exactly what is wrong with WCK. Not your thinking per se, but more the fact that WCK is so varied. They all come from the same source, yet today we see so much conflict and arguing on even the simplest of concepts - even from the same lineage or teacher. And it's even more prelevent when arguing technique, which is even more laughable when it's supposed to be a concept driven system!

As far as the videos go, yeah, it's great that people are having fun, as they should. But the point of WCK is to be efficient and effective as a fighting art. There are far too many clips out there showing little-to-none of this imo. There comes a point where it's not even WC anymore since to many of the primary concepts, principles and body methods simply are not there.
    I think this confliting ideas is what is one of the causes for all of the stupid pi55ing matches you see here.

(In saying this, I'm not sying who's right/wrong - myself included. Just pointing out how varied and devided so many people are on even the most simplest of principles in a system that is supposed to be know for it's simplicity!)
    Thats another point are we from the sane source there is no proof of that only second hand stories handed down over the years the core principles are on the most part the same Im not a demo guy never have been Ive been fighting since I could walk first boxing then my days on the Terraces of West Ham (not my proudest moment) and then 17 pro fights in MMA so I would only do a art that I believe works but theres nothing wrong with doing wing chun for enjoyment and lets be honest the most people online have never had a real fight in their lives and never experienced the fear that comes with it wing chun is a system that is learned then made your own and thats the problem people fail to understand that simple principle and behave like sheep trying to convert everyone to their way of doing things to many egos and to many armchair fighters But I do agree with your point about fighting over techniques also forms who in charge of who whos Ip Man best students and so on drives me mad but again ego I strongly believe wing chun should look like wing chun its a simple concept and lets be honest a simple art that was its desiqn to be effective in the shortest possible time
    Last edited by mickwat; 09-14-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Translation
    1.5, and that's compensating for effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mickwat View Post
    Thats another point are we from the sane source there is no proof of that only second hand stories handed down over the years the core principles are on the most part the same Im not a demo guy never have been Ive been fighting since I could walk first boxing then my days on the Terraces of West Ham (not my proudest moment) and then 17 pro fights in MMA so I would only do a art that I believe works but theres nothing wrong with doing wing chun for enjoyment and lets be honest the most people online have never had a real fight in their lives and never experienced the fear that comes with it wing chun is a system that is learned then made your own and thats the problem people fail to understand that simple principle and behave like sheep trying to convert everyone to their way of doing things to many egos and to many armchair fighters
    8.5, with little effort given.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Translation
    you've lost f'g your mind and are an obvious troll. Nothing more to say to you.
    Ignore on
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

you've lost f'g your mind and are an obvious troll. Nothing more to say to you.
    Ignore on
    I have no idea whats going on whats a troll

I have no idea whats going on whats a troll
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Thats another point are we from the sane source there is no proof of that
    So are you of the opinion that WCK was developed by unreleated parties in different times and/or location with no connection to each other? And that they named all the systems the same thing by coincidence?

I don't need proof to know this is highly unlikely.

only second hand stories handed down over the years the core principles are on the most part the same
    I agree if you mean second hand stories don't really mean much. But in my actual experience, and also just from what one can read here thru the years, the understanding of the core principles is greatly varied among lineage - and even within the same lineage or given branch. Not sure how long you've been on these forums or read thru them, but this becomes pretty clear as you do.

Im not a demo guy never have been Ive been fighting since I could walk first boxing then my days on the Terraces of West Ham (not my proudest moment) and then 17 pro fights in MMA so I would only do a art that I believe works but theres nothing wrong with doing wing chun for enjoyment and lets be honest the most people online have never had a real fight in their lives and never experienced the fear that comes with it wing chun is a system that is learned then made your own and thats the problem people fail to understand that simple principle and behave like sheep trying to convert everyone to their way of doing things to many egos and to many armchair fighters
    Not sure why you're giving me your resume, but thanks I guess (?)

I can agree with the rest.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    haha Right ok from what Ive been reading since I joined thats about half the people on here

I have no idea whats going on
    Me neither. That's why he got put on my Ignore List

So are you of the opinion that WCK was developed by unreleated parties in different times and/or location with no connection to each other? And that they named all the systems the same thing by coincidence?

I don't need proof to know this is highly unlikely.

I agree if you mean second hand stories don't really mean much. But in my actual experience, and also just from what one can read here thru the years, the understanding of the core principles is greatly varied among lineage - and even within the same lineage or given branch. Not sure how long you've been on these forums or read thru them, but this becomes pretty clear as you do.

Not sure why you're giving me your resume, but thanks I guess (?)

I can agree with the rest.

We can at least trace back to Leung Jan that we can be sure off before that not so sure but I do believe it does come from one source just playing devils advocate

Not long on forums about a week I believe the core principles of Wing Chun should be the same but they can and do get interpreted in different ways which then leads to confusion and yes even within the same family thats always confused me but I have experienced that myself when we released a clip recently of a form a member of our family said that it was made up again I believe this is a ego thing If I dont know it must be made up

Not a resume just an explanation that wing chun is a fighting art and that to know how to fight you must experience it but thanks maybe Il write a book haha

anyway nice to meet you all I have learned something new tonite I now know what a troll is great stuff I will opt out of this convo now before a troll gets me

We can at least trace back to Leung Jan that we can be sure off before that not so sure but I do believe it does come from one source just playing devils advocate

Not long on forums about a week I believe the core principles of Wing Chun should be the same but they can and do get interpreted in different ways which then leads to confusion and yes even within the same family thats always confused me but I have experienced that myself when we released a clip recently of a form a member of our family said that it was made up again I believe this is a ego thing If I dont know it must be made up

Not a resume just an explanation that wing chun is a fighting art and that to know how to fight you must experience it but thanks maybe Il write a book haha
    All cool, I think we're on the same line of thinking. What clip are you referring to? I always like seeing differnt takes on things, even if more times than not they are krap or I don't agree with them

Welcome to the forum, you'll love to hate it in no time! And I look forward to your book! haha

**** nevermind, I found your clips! cool that you share what you do.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 09-14-2012 at 01:40 PM.

All cool, I think we're on the same line of thinking. What clip are you referring to? I always like seeing differnt takes on things, even if more times than not they are krap or I don't agree with them

Welcome to the forum, you'll love to hate it in no time! And I look forward to your book! haha

**** nevermind, I found your clips! cool that you share what you do.
    This clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGnQL...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    1.5, and that's compensating for effort.
    So when you went to your smoker and were D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D who did you blame most? Did you quit Wing Chun then or did you give it a few weeks yo make it seem like you had too many family obligations to "train."