Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Stiff and Rigid?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    AS FOR THE GUY IN THE CLIP...He learned from a guy named bersied...forgive the spelling of his name...An Bernsied teacher is Robert McField...i will make some post of their beginner videos soon...
    It's okay you can spare me a beginners video. Of course if you think it's relevant to further discussions that's up to you but I think I have seen enough from theis 'Stan' cat

As for the demo...it looked rather non-useful and non-combative...I mean its a demo so i guess its cool. But i just dont see it as realistic...
    Ok. Which are you talking about? Mine or Stans?? And is that really a 'comparison'?

I been doing WC since i was 16...im 35 now....
    Learning from who exactly?? I am a firm believer in quality over quantity any day and I have seen examples of this throughout my personal journey. Some good and some bad but most that play the 'I have been doing Wing Chun for x years' seem to be of the bad category unfortunately.

I started Wing Chun at 19 but was doing Martial Arts since 9. I am 37 now so we aint that different on the time front. So post a clip of yourself doing something to compare, that would be cool

...sorry if your offended...my apology....
    I wasn't but I thought others could be. No probs.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    The only reason you are saying this is you assume it is based on the color of the people's skin in the clip because of how YOU see them, and then judging others' comments accordingly. That stinks of racism on your end.

Telling people how to talk isn't friendly, lil guy.

His comment was no more racist than your assumption that it was based on how you view the people in the clips. I think most of us here just saw 2 guys doing bad WC.
    BTW, how one talks is typically either cultural or eduactional (or lack of) - has nothing to do with race, so let it go before you make yourself look even more foolish that you already do
    Don't you defeat guys with your chi? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Don't you defeat guys with your chi? LOL
    WTF are you even talking about? And didn't you reply to this already?
    Obviously you are hard up for attention having to re-reply to posts. Must be a sad day in Trollsville..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    The issue with JPinAZ and many others are having is your constant rant of your superior WC knowledge. The videos are to prove the point ... which went over your head ... once again

If memory serves me, YOU yourself had posted similar videos of Stan The Man awhile back, which end up in an long winded thread.

For one superiority can only be judged in martial arts...by doing martial arts...Not forms, not videos, not postulating about basic therories or principles or application...But actually feeling someones elses kung fu...actually fighting with what you know...The superior fighter is the one who is best...The one who wins is superior...As for superior WC...That can only be sought after by touching hands...

if we spar an you I defeat you...im a superior fighter...If we do chi sau an you best me in Chi Sau...your superior at chi sau than I am!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

For one superiority can only be judged in martial arts...by doing martial arts...Not forms, not videos, not postulating about basic therories or principles or application...But actually feeling someones elses kung fu...actually fighting with what you know...The superior fighter is the one who is best...The one who wins is superior...As for superior WC...That can only be sought after by touching hands...
    Do well for you follow your own advise ... ZZZZzzzzzzz

Do well for you follow your own advise ... ZZZZzzzzzzz
    Then until you touch hands with me...you can not judge me...Spar or Chi Sau...call it what you want!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Then until you touch hands with me...you can not judge me...Spar or Chi Sau...call it what you want!
    OOOooouh ... you had me wetting my shorts with that MANLY talk. I'm go'na have to track down your "Grand Master", and beg him to teach me the secret technique (which you weren't shown) to beat you.

And just for backup, I'm working with the yoga ball to further develop my spring energy internal power, so you better watch out.

OOOooouh ... you had me wetting my shorts with that MANLY talk. I'm go'na have to track down your "Grand Master", and beg him to teach me the secret technique (which you weren't shown) to beat you.

And just for backup, I'm working with the yoga ball to further develop my spring energy internal power, so you better watch out.
    Track down MCField and Spar him an defeat him...An i will be begging you to teach me!

Oh no!!! The great big tough internet challenges from you are here again!
    You're pretty good at this, you talk some junk here, then you tell people they should go fight mr. so-and-so to prove you wrong? You did this same thing with me and that clown stan a while back when you were defending his horrible punching.
    Haha, you're like the 3rd grader talking tough at school, and then says you're going to go get your daddy when someone calls you on it! what a tool...
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 09-12-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

You're pretty good at this, you talk some junk here, then you tell people they should go fight mr. so-and-so to prove you wrong? You did this same thing with me and that clown stan a while back when you were defending his horrible punching.
    Haha, you're like the 3rd grader talking tough at school, and then says you're going to go get your daddy when someone calls you on it! what a tool...
    Hey JP, it's about time you jump in man. But I'm afraid now he'll be crying to his master that some internet bullies are ganging up on him ... and you know they will be come looking for us don't you?

Your humor is funny dude...thanks for not actually contributing to the wing chun forum...Thanks for being a critic with no real value!

Sorry I joined this forum because I thought it would be good to connect with other guys who have a passion or at least a real interest in Wing Chun but Cmon guys really its like my Dad is bigger than your Dad every single thread I have read on here starts with a simple question or idea and ends up with this kinda rubbish everyone knows we all do things differently so what get used to it you never know open your mind and you may learn something and anyway your all wrong cause Im the only one who does Wing Chun the correct way haha

Quote Originally Posted by mickwat View Post
    Sorry I joined this forum because I thought it would be good to connect with other guys who have a passion or at least a real interest in Wing Chun but Cmon guys really its like my Dad is bigger than your Dad every single thread I have read on here starts with a simple question or idea and ends up with this kinda rubbish everyone knows we all do things differently so what get used to it you never know open your mind and you may learn something and anyway your all wrong cause Im the only one who does Wing Chun the correct way haha
    wow i agree with you...thanks for lighting the mood!

I have watched some of the clips posted on here and the people in them seem to be enjoying what they are doing so thats all that matters really theres a lot that I dont agree with and prob would never practice but who am I and lets be honest who are any of you to put people down I was always taught by my Sifu if you have nothing good to say then say nothing I will post some of my clips these were mostly filmed at my BBQ its a annual gathering of Students of Master Joseph Lee, Lee Shing Wing Chun Root & also Gulao (Kulo) has handed down from Fung Sang and its done in fun a group of people enjoying themselves so not a demo http://www.youtube.com/user/mickwat/...ow=grid&view=0 if you dont like it or do things differently great thats the beauty of wing chun so varied
    Last edited by mickwat; 09-14-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickwat View Post
    if you dont like it or do things differently great thats the beauty of wing chun so varied
    IMO, this is exactly what is wrong with WCK. Not your thinking per se, but more the fact that WCK is so varied. They all come from the same source, yet today we see so much conflict and arguing on even the simplest of concepts - even from the same lineage or teacher. And it's even more prelevent when arguing technique, which is even more laughable when it's supposed to be a concept driven system!

As far as the videos go, yeah, it's great that people are having fun, as they should. But the point of WCK is to be efficient and effective as a fighting art. There are far too many clips out there showing little-to-none of this imo. There comes a point where it's not even WC anymore since to many of the primary concepts, principles and body methods simply are not there.
    I think this confliting ideas is what is one of the causes for all of the stupid pi55ing matches you see here.

(In saying this, I'm not sying who's right/wrong - myself included. Just pointing out how varied and devided so many people are on even the most simplest of principles in a system that is supposed to be know for it's simplicity!)
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 09-14-2012 at 12:13 PM.