Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Your Wing Chun for other Chunners Only?

Hybrid View

Is Your Wing Chun for other Chunners Only?

Do you train Wing Chun to fight other wing chun guys...or do you train your wing chun to fight street fighters?

What is your wing chun designed for?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

****, it would suck to train a system/style/etc that could only fight against other people that practiced the same thing
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Train against Choy Lei Fut style attacks if you get the chance. IMO a good long bridge guy is the most dangerous to a WC person.

As for WC only working on WC... that's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Train against Choy Lei Fut style attacks if you get the chance. IMO a good long bridge guy is the most dangerous to a WC person.

I look at it differently. I think that no matter the fighting style you do, unless the arms and legs are super long it really don't much matter. If you can hit me, you are close enough that I can then hit you back. The hardest person for a Chunner to fight would be another Chunner I think. Most other styles are not prepared for WC.
    Chi Sao is so popular amongst the Wing Chun guys that it becomes the way they fight. So it does become a Wing Chun against Wing Chun style. It really does damage our ability to fight. If you were to just walk out on the street and start picking fights, you would most likely never come upon another Wing Chun fighter. You would forever be having to fight none Wing Chun fighters.
    when you square off with someone, they will be prepared for your onslaught. So, you draw them out. You induce them to attack you. When they do so and if you can successfully divert their attack so that you can successfully counter attack, you do not trade punches and move back, but attack in such a manner that you drive into them relentlessly until you beat them down. Never show quarter. Using your gung fu is like using a gun. You can not just shoot someone a little bit. You gots to shoot him period. If you cannot beat a person down in 5 to 10 seconds you might just be in trouble.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post

WC does have long bridge techniques, plus pretty awesome kicks.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

I train and have always been taught to train Wing Chun for defense against anything.

I think that's a far more realistic goal than propogating the idea that we all should be fighting eachother or view other arts as our enemies. This is 2012 and once the trends of MMA and competitive fighting start to fade the people with genuine interest in the Martial Arts and Wing Chun will find other ways to satisfy their young fire!!

Get a life. Appreciate the peace Martial Art can bring the individual. And most of all, learn how to walk before you run
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post
    ****, it would suck to train a system/style/etc that could only fight against other people that practiced the same thing
    Some chunners do that though.

Some would argue that WC doesn't work against ANY fighters...well except non-trained ones.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by SAAMAG View Post
    Some would argue that WC doesn't work against ANY fighters...well except non-trained ones.
    Unfortunately that is most of the wing chun community.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Do you train Wing Chun to fight other wing chun guys...or do you train your wing chun to fight street fighters?
    Those are the only 2 options we get for why we train?? Another stupid pointless question

Really? You've actually created a thread so you can ask what WC was designed for?? What a waste of bandwidth... Can't wait for your next thread where you ask how do we spell wing chun..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Snooze Alarm, set.

I train Wing Chun to fight against nuns. Somebody has to get back at that woman for starting all these false rumors and wild stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I train Wing Chun to fight against nuns. Somebody has to get back at that woman for starting all these false rumors and wild stories.
    thank you.lmao.

Glad this post aint derailed yet!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

It derailed the moment you put it up...
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90