Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Ignore Them (is that so hard..?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Rik,

When you know who is slandering and libeling you, you can then take them to court and have their actions called into question and they will pay the price.

I did not say, or mean that they would be beaten up, or assaulted in any way shape or means.

If your actions would cause such a response, I can see why these cowards hide, as they could be sued for the slander and libelous things they post about people.

You do not have the right to slander and libel people. It is illegal, it is not playful, it is not LOLZ, its hurtful and hateful.

Hence the cowards will always take the cupcake way out as it means they have free license to slander and libel and be hateful towards people.

It is disgusting behavior and it should never be tolerated.

You have the right to know your accusers, and if you accuse me of anything then I get to know who it is that is saying such. See my point? No secret internet account, no ghost proxys, none of that BS. Why not just be yourself rather than create some other persona and attack others.

I have been threatened with law suits in the past as I don't hide behind the net and called certain people what they are, total and complete frauds, and when called on their BS threat with the use of what is called Discovery, in which the person being sued gets to examine everything about this person who is suing you, and all the claims they have made and the lies fabricated, they always back down as they will lose in court as the truth will come out.
    So what? A troll can hurt you? You just said it can be hurtful. Why would you allow such a weakness to exist if you recognize it? How many people have been sued successfully for libel on a kung fu forum? Any examples? How do you prove Libel when the topic is so subjective?

So you are upset that you don't get to use your legal rights in dealing with a troll on a kung fu forum that has done your business harm? How do you prove it harmed your biz? And if you are the real deal, why not just show and prove? If that isn't enough for some people, why even engage these people?

I think it just p1sses you off that you can't use your natural authority online the way you can in person. It p1ssed me off for about 10 minutes waay back. I got over it real quick. I am certainly not going to complain online. This isn't your first trip around this topic, you actually bring it up quite often.

Why let people get to you like that? Try not caring, works wonders my friend

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I never understood that whole, tough guy, might is right, mentality.
    Basic scenario:
    I call you on your bullsh1t.
    You say, "well, I will come to your school, blah-blah-blah."
    ok, so say you throw me a beating.
    You're STILL WRONG, and you're STILL AN AZZOLE.
    Precisely.

It's sad that some people maintain the "I beat you up therefore I'm right" attitude past 7 years old or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    It has nothing to do with coming to your school/location and kicking anyones a ss.

Why hide behind the net? paranoid? Worried all those attacks might come back and bite you in the rear?

Why not step up and be known? Most of us post up where we teach and welcome people there. We link to our schools etc.

Most of us who post here have come to know all manner of people and their real names and where they are located, etc.

I never understood how these mouth boxers/netghosts hide their identity can snipe, slander and libel you and when you ask them to man up and step forward so you know who they really are, the person asking is called a bully or a psycho, versus the person coming forward.
    Onus of proof is on the person making the claim.

You love to say "slander" and "libel" but where is the proof?

Defense of libel is truth.

You are a giant and you have small people throw weak punches as part of your "iron body" demo and then you blame it on qi.

Where is the proof?

Again, if you are unwilling to be known in reality, what the hell gives you the right to say anything to anyone anywhere at anytime?

If you would not say it to my face in reality and face the consequences of your actions, why does anyone think it is kosher to say it to someone while you hide?

It is cowardice, plain and simple. There is no other way of looking at it really.

I have no problem saying what I mean to anyone here, nor would I have an issue saying it to their faces. But it seems I am in the minority here when it comes to people accepting responsibility for their actions.

Hiding is cowardice.
    How to make a Dale Dugas post:

Step 1) post some nonsense about qi

Step 2) when someone asks for proof, accuse them of slander and libel

Step 3) use the phrase "net ghost."

Step 4) when the onus of proof is on you, redirect and talk about how your door is always open (entirely ignroing the onus of proof). Other possible redirects include*:
    - "my door is always open. Is yours?" (as if this provides proof that your claims are real)
    - "I use my real name, why don't you?" (as if this provides proof that your claims are real)
    - "I help veterans" (as if this provides proof that your claims are real)
    - "I post videos. If you are so awesome, where are your videos?" (except the person in question never said they were awesome, they simply said that having small people throwing weak punches doesn't prove you are protecting yourself with qi)

Step 5) Revel when supporters quote your post and take your side (while they, too, have ignored the onus of proof which, again, is on you, the person making the claim)

Optional step) Get excessively mad and call people names (while still ignoring that the onus of proof is on you)

*quotes paraphrased; not libel I could dig up the actual quotes, I just don't care enough to do so. Plus anyone who is curious can just search your posts because you always post the same thing, blah blah qi, blah blah net ghost, blah blah door always open, blah blah slander and libel, etc.
    Last edited by I Hate Ashida Kim; 09-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

I find it amusing that you won't attack Dale with your primary forum account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

I think people seem to forget that the only "challenge" Dale has ever made has been "come see for yourself" in regards to IB and IP training.
    I don't see that as a challenge of course, no more than a BJJ guy saying the samething when his particular skillset is called into question.
    Note that Dale never said, come over and fight, nope and at times he has said that he will allow the questioner to strike him to test his IB skills.
    Now, maybe its me. but I don't see ANY of that as "might makes right".
    Fact is that, if you want to test someone's training then TEST THEM.
    If you doubt that a particular skill set is valid, test YOUR view and find out if you are right.
    Thing is, I see a lot of talking but very little testing.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Dale is doing it right in my opinion.

I think someone is trying to justify their own behaviour by trying to diminish his which is pretty much exactly as SR has just pointed it out.

Dale has always said: "come see for yourself" and that "his door is open to you"

The onus of wanting that proof is on the person who is asking now and they must make the effort or STFU.

pretty simple and effective and honest if you ask me.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I think people seem to forget that the only "challenge" Dale has ever made has been "come see for yourself" in regards to IB and IP training.
    I don't see that as a challenge of course, no more than a BJJ guy saying the samething when his particular skillset is called into question.
    Note that Dale never said, come over and fight, nope and at times he has said that he will allow the questioner to strike him to test his IB skills.
    Now, maybe its me. but I don't see ANY of that as "might makes right".
    Fact is that, if you want to test someone's training then TEST THEM.
    If you doubt that a particular skill set is valid, test YOUR view and find out if you are right.
    Thing is, I see a lot of talking but very little testing.
    I am 72.3% sure that all my techniques will work against anyone weighing 100# less then me, with no notable skills, and in a wheelchair!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I am 72.3% sure that all my techniques will work against anyone weighing 100# less then me, with no notable skills, and in a wheelchair!
    I know that 60% of the time, my techniques work all the time.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I know that 60% of the time, my techniques work all the time.
    I know 47% of the time that 60% of your techniques work on the 27.7% of my techniques that do not work!

Again with people who hide who they are, where they live, what they do, etc versus people who post up who they are, where they live, what they do.

People have made all sorts of slanderous and libelous statements as to my skills, my licensure in acupuncture, etc all while hiding behind the net and they keep ranting on and on about truth and empirical data, blah blah blah.

The truth is my name is Dale Dugas and I live in Quincy, MA.

I work at Nutrapy which is located at 90 Rockland Street, Ste 7 Hanover, MA 02339

My cell phone is 617-595-8097 and the clinic phone number is 781-829-9355.

So why can people who hide be allowed to slander and libel those who take the risks of being known publicly?

Cowardly actions no matter how you paint it.

My door is open, and I have met many people who came to visit rather than hide, and snipe with their passive aggressive BS.

I have amazed people who have hit me in the zyphoid process, the kidneys, and the floating ribs, all places most of these netghosts could not take a hit in as they do not understand what is going on, so they snipe, slander and libel rather than investigate.

laziness on their part seems to equate the ability to badmouth anyone who does something they cannot or will not attempt to perform.

If you would not say these things in public in front of the person you are talking about in front of witnesses. Why the hell is is okay to do this on a forum?

It is not magic, its not magical qi power. Its a hell of a lot of training and would bored most to tears. But if you keep at it and work it you condition yourself to take more abuse than others and if you train the hands you create powerful strikes that most cannot tolerate.

search out and prove all things is a saying my Jooklum Shifu says. I agree.

Not like I am claiming to raise the dead, etc.

I can put my money where my mouth is. But the netghosts can't. its rather obvious.

There are no threats involved. Come try me out. I think you would be amazed.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

The internetz truly is a strange place at times. It's kind of like the last stand for all the butthurt dweebs who wish they were something more than they actually are. I guess that is the reason someone wastes there time going onto a site dedicated to a particular subject and s**ts all over it, but who the hell knows. Oh well, I guess some things never change.

I at least hope Ronin still posts hottie pics!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Dale, Dale, Dale!!!

I respect you man, but should you really post your phone numbers and addresses?

I don't know, I just think that one is slightly reckless! Who cares what the naysayers think, but really, do you have a family?

Be cautious my friend!! Even if you ARE bigger than SHREK!!

My own policy has always been not to say anything online that I wouldn't say to someone's face, one-to-one. I actually tend to be even more polite online, because most of us only know each other by the words in our posts. Typed words do not convey subtleties, especially if someone doesn't really know you. Once something is posted up, it always exists in some form; and once it's been read, you can't take it back.

Good, constructive debate is important. You must have differing viewpoints. Unfortunately, blatant trolling, while some find it amusing, is, IMO, simply juvenile and therefore, boring. Sooner or later, most intelligent people see it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    My own policy has always been not to say anything online that I wouldn't say to someone's face, one-to-one.
    pretty much my reasons.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    so if I call you, can I ask you anything?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Rik,

You can call me and ask me anything, but be careful of the answer to what you ask....

Would love to chat with any of my brothers.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.