Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Ignore Them (is that so hard..?)

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Not being overrun with them and actually being able to share, discuss and debate without a retard shouting from the corner all the fricking time? Yeah, that's more fun.
    Retards are a fundamental part of the democratic process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Some of us do not hide on the net and never will.

Hiding=coward
    That's not true. Yeah some people will make threats and act like fools but that doesn't mean everyone who enjoys anonymity is a coward.

I never understood this whole "face me" attitude. I mean, if somebody can't handle another's words, what makes that person think being face to face will be any better? Unless it's like some small d1ck physical intimidation thing, but then nobody here would do that, right?

Either you can settle it with words here, or just let it go. A person who uses their real name doesn't make better points simply cause they use their real name, and it goes the other way too. So many times I have had idiots say "you're a coward cause you don't use your real name, face me blah blah. Everytime I PM them and tell them who I am they just shut up and go away. People who would travel over net beef are IDIOTS. I'm not saying this about Dale, just a general comment.

I also feel the anon aspect of the net can be a real positive tool in helping reclusive people come out of their shell. So what if people say what they are really thinking when online. Would you rather they just smiled and told you what you wanna hear or kept quiet to avoid conflict if it was in person?

You people should be thankful that these arguments happen here and not in person. I see how pis$ed off some cats get, those people are the kinds of people who are most likely to be violent. People really need to understand the difference between somebody who is being mouthy and somebody calling bullsh1t.

If anything, the internet will teach our egos on how to handle the truth. Something we are all failing at.... miserably!!! As it is, we are lied to all day everyday and it's weak. So when the wife says "honey, does this make my ass look big?" do her a favor and show enough respect to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So when the wife says "honey, does this make my ass look big?" do her a favor and show enough respect to be honest.
    Yeah, be man enough to face her on the internet, under a nom de guerre, and tell her just how big her butt really is! The truth hurts, but sometimes it will hurt you more!

That's not true. Yeah some people will make threats and act like fools but that doesn't mean everyone who enjoys anonymity is a coward.

I never understood this whole "face me" attitude. I mean, if somebody can't handle another's words, what makes that person think being face to face will be any better? Unless it's like some small d1ck physical intimidation thing, but then nobody here would do that, right?

Either you can settle it with words here, or just let it go. A person who uses their real name doesn't make better points simply cause they use their real name, and it goes the other way too. So many times I have had idiots say "you're a coward cause you don't use your real name, face me blah blah. Everytime I PM them and tell them who I am they just shut up and go away. People who would travel over net beef are IDIOTS. I'm not saying this about Dale, just a general comment.

I also feel the anon aspect of the net can be a real positive tool in helping reclusive people come out of their shell. So what if people say what they are really thinking when online. Would you rather they just smiled and told you what you wanna hear or kept quiet to avoid conflict if it was in person?

You people should be thankful that these arguments happen here and not in person. I see how pis$ed off some cats get, those people are the kinds of people who are most likely to be violent. People really need to understand the difference between somebody who is being mouthy and somebody calling bullsh1t.

If anything, the internet will teach our egos on how to handle the truth. Something we are all failing at.... miserably!!! As it is, we are lied to all day everyday and it's weak. So when the wife says "honey, does this make my ass look big?" do her a favor and show enough respect to be honest.
    IMO using your real name increases your credibility. That's because you can't make some outrageous claim about yourself without someone fact checking it. It also keeps things more civilized because you're less likely to be insulting if it can be tied back to your real name.

We are ,supposedly, Martial Artists which means that we are or were (should have been) at some point fighters.
    That is enough of an explanation as to why there is a "face me" attitude.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Retards are a fundamental part of the democratic process.
    This is not a democracy.

We work on the whole iron fist thing here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is not a democracy.

Retards are part of the whole iron fist thing!

In fact, retards are part of just about every aspect of life.

Iron fisting is the way to go !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Iron fisting is the way to go !!
    I think that is bawang's department!

Credible iron fists

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    IMO using your real name increases your credibility.
    Where do you think we are? This is the internet. Suspend your credibility.

Hold that thought for next month when our new issue drops...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

I never understood that whole, tough guy, might is right, mentality.
    Basic scenario:
    I call you on your bullsh1t.
    You say, "well, I will come to your school, blah-blah-blah."
    ok, so say you throw me a beating.
    You're STILL WRONG, and you're STILL AN AZZOLE.
    So basically, you're just a sociopath, who if anyone says anything you don't like, you will get violent. You obviously threw temper tantrums as a spoiled brat child, and you never outgrew it.
    So, toughguy...how long do you think that will last?

Grown men.
    (sigh...)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

reminds me of the Chris Rock line,
    "Oh, so you went to college. Can you kick MY AZZ?!"
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I never understood that whole, tough guy, might is right, mentality.
    Basic scenario:
    I call you on your bullsh1t.
    You say, "well, I will come to your school, blah-blah-blah."
    ok, so say you throw me a beating.
    You're STILL WRONG, and you're STILL AN AZZOLE.
    So basically, you're just a sociopath, who if anyone says anything you don't like, you will get violent. You obviously threw temper tantrums as a spoiled brat child, and you never outgrew it.
    So, toughguy...how long do you think that will last?

Grown men.
    (sigh...)
    I DARE you to say that to my face, tough guy!!!!!!

.....AND I have the most credibility here, because I use my middle initial too!!!

Ya but only the initial, which shows how cowardly you really are! If I had a middle and last name I would proudly post them both, but since I'm ultra cool and only have the one name, I can't. But at least I'm not afraid of the internet like you are Mr. Scott 'R.' Brown...whats that R. stand for anyway?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Ya but only the initial, which shows how cowardly you really are! If I had a middle and last name I would proudly post them both, but since I'm ultra cool and only have the one name, I can't. But at least I'm not afraid of the internet like you are Mr. Scott 'R.' Brown...whats that R. stand for anyway?
    Obvious:
    Scott R. Brown is a Scholar Warrior.
    The R stands for Readin', Ritin', and Rithmatic.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.