Thread: New Shi De Yang DVD ?

Hybrid View

New Shi De Yang DVD ?

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM2MjY1MDYw.html

If so, that looks nice..

Best regards,
    Xian

Not new. It is a clip from the special features that are on various forms DVDs. The DVDs are just teaching the regular forms, same as the old ones, but with much better production. They also come with a book.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Not new. It is a clip from the special features that are on various forms DVDs. The DVDs are just teaching the regular forms, same as the old ones, but with much better production. They also come with a book.
    Thanks I thought it might be new as I didnt found it on plumpup or ebay.

Best regards,
    Xian

They are relatively new I guess, produced by Chengdu Times Publishing House a couple years ago, in 2010 or so. They are sold in book stores in China, and on Chinese websites. He showed me a couple and said he was making them because he's not teaching personally anymore, except for seminars abroad from time to time. So if people want to learn, there it is...

They are books with DVD inserts. The books and DVDs both show jibengong like stances, kicking, hand shapes, etc., and then the main form in detail, but the book has more cultural information as well. Applications are not shown. It's just a reteaching of the old videos with (much) better production.

The DVD's have English subtitle options, but the books are only in Chinese. So you'll be missing the cultural and historical information there if you don't read Chinese.

There is one on Shaolin Mizongquan (迷踪- Lost-track) and one on Shaolin Mizong Dianxue Shengong (密宗- Secret Sect).

Wouldn't that be something... It's really more for people who just want to learn the art for physical and mental health training. Details don't matter. So they are pretty much the same as the older series, just with much better production, and the accompanying book of information.

There are several international schools he has been working with and has kind of passed the torch to them. So if one really wants to learn the legit student versions with applications, there are still people to learn them from.

The only video I remember showing the full set in detail was Dahongquan, but his older video series pretty much showed the real set as well, as far as I recall. That was his specialty. The places where he glosses over movements when performing the set are broken down in the instruction part, but he did that in the older series as well.

There were some in the old series that weren't too badly watered down, but others like Xiaohongquan were stripped bare.
    Last edited by LFJ; 09-19-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Did anybody found it on a english website ?

Best regards,
    Xian

@LFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SHemmati View Post
    Not the MiZong Quan one, but another interesting one, here's the TaiZu Chang Quan DVD of this series:
    Shao Lin Tai Zu Chang Quan (DVD + Book) (yesasia.com)
    So did I understand you correctly that it is bascially the same material with some added new material on it ? Or is everything refilmed, also with a new performer doing the form ?

Because for example I have his old Taizu Chang Quan one and I was really not satisfied by the performance of the form.

Best regards,
    Xian