Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Benefits of Horse Stance Training

When we have a strong tie to a training method, like we do to a style of MA, it is very natural to not like when that method is questioned.
    Especially when we know, first hand, that it works.
    I can't put a number on how many times I defend "iron skills" on this forum OR who many times I defend "weight training" on here too, !
    LOL !
    Fact is that we tend to get so caught up in defending out point that we fail to see the other persons.
    IF posted that, outside what he viewed that HS training was good for, that there were better ways to develop leg strength and he was right, no matter how irrelevant that was to the discussion.
    You posted that HS training strengthens and develops the hip flexors, but while they are involved and important in regards to flexibility, they are NOT primary movers nor are they developed via static horse stance training.
    Then it went from the benefits of horse stance to ARE the hip flexors developed in a static horse stance even though the arguments is irrelevant to whether horse stance training has benefits.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You Sire, are evil !!

Muahahahahaha!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    When we have a strong tie to a training method, like we do to a style of MA, it is very natural to not like when that method is questioned.
    I hold no ties. But I do understand what it has done and is doing to me as I practice.

Especially when we know, first hand, that it works.
    I can't put a number on how many times I defend "iron skills" on this forum OR who many times I defend "weight training" on here too, !
    LOL !
    I'm not defending anything. I'm saying what happens when we do "x"

Fact is that we tend to get so caught up in defending out point that we fail to see the other persons.
    I don't fail to see their point. They don't have one. They don't train it and are here to criticize strictly from ignorance and as there is only anecdotal evidence regarding TCMA methods, it is easy for someone to pick up a western health magazine and see nothing about these methods that are found in tcma, because no one but the practitioners really study them anyway.

IF posted that, outside what he viewed that HS training was good for, that there were better ways to develop leg strength and he was right, no matter how irrelevant that was to the discussion.
    You posted that HS training strengthens and develops the hip flexors, but while they are involved and important in regards to flexibility, they are NOT primary movers nor are they developed via static horse stance training.
    I disagree. The series of muscles known as the hip flexors , the posterior chain and the abductors are all being worked and strengthened through posture training, particularly Horse.
    So, again I disagree and there has been nothing to change my mind about it other than 2 guys saying that it ain't so based on some quick skims of articles on the internet and of course, they are coming at it from an angle that does not include them actually training these methods.

Then it went from the benefits of horse stance to ARE the hip flexors developed in a static horse stance even though the arguments is irrelevant to whether horse stance training has benefits.
    That's called distraction when challenged and it was what was happening. Distract, deny, distract again, argue from sheer ignorance.

lets just ask Frost and Ironfist how much time they've spent training sei ping dai mah and what they feel has come of it for them? Oh wait, they don't train it, they are here to criticize TCMA methods alone, posture that their methods are superior and in order to meet that agenda they attempt to diminish the methods of TCMA.

yeah, lol, whatever. So, no to that dude. They can drive down whatever hole they want. Bottom line is that nether of them understands tcma on a level to get anything out of discussion of it.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 10-02-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Perfect ending to this thead !