On Disney XD. We just ran a story on another Disney XD martial arts tie - Leo Howard Kicks It by Grant Balfour

Official site
Ninja-Nomicon - Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja - Disney XD Official

Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Debuts Today
Sep - 17 2012 | Sarah Peel

Disney XD is joining the latest craze of teenage ninjas with Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. The show will follow freshman Randy who finds out he will be ninja that will protect his town, following a 800 year tradition. He will be the official town ninja for the next 4 years and cannot tell people who he really is (except for his friend, Howard). He will battle the town’s evil Sorcerer (voiced by Tim Curry from Home Alone 2). The series already aired a preview episode back in August, but will officially launch today. You can view the official trailer for the series down below.

I am glad that they have a fun take on the popular show idea, but I do wish that they had it on regular Disney Channel. I think it would fit better there, even if they are trying to stay away from animated series. It sounds like it will be a must-see kind of show and I cannot wait to read some reviews for it. It sounds like it could be a promising series for teens and tweens who love a little action cartoon or something a tiny bit different from the rest of their shows.

How do you like the concept of the show? I like it, like I said they took an idea that is popular and made it different. That is a good example on how to cash in, but without risking copyright issues. Plus it allowed them to sort of move towards the boy side of things again, which is something that seems to be their goal with Disney XD if you ask me. However, I am not sure if they will ever officially do that, but the current shows on the network seem to match this one’s demographics pretty well. So it is something that I think we should point out as a possible good or bad move for Disney as a whole.