Thread: Dog Boxing Website

looks interesting. il be interested to see if they put up any videos

I've been toying with the idea of doing some privates with them for a while now.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    I think the most important question to ask is which dog is it based on? I mean is it like based on hunting, offensive maneuvers and defensive maneuvers of the Toy Pomeranian, or the like the old Red Devil bloodline Pit Bull? That'll tell you right there how effective the art is gonna be.

But seriosly, it sounds similar to Indonesian Silat with all the ground work. They never have the exotic and rare arts here in Chicago it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    They never have the exotic and rare arts here in Chicago it seems.
    Like LiuHeBaFa? http://www.liuhopafa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dragons View Post
    No, more like Dog Boxing, Southern Praying Mantis, Tai Sheng Pek Kwar Meng, Yau Kung Mun, Pak Mei Pai, Pencak Silat Tiga Berantai, Mustaka Kwitang or Al Azhar. More like those kinds of arts.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Love the comment from the 15th on there

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    No, more like Dog Boxing, Southern Praying Mantis, Tai Sheng Pek Kwar Meng, Yau Kung Mun, Pak Mei Pai, Pencak Silat Tiga Berantai, Mustaka Kwitang or Al Azhar. More like those kinds of arts.
    Faruq,

I can't speak for the other arts in Chicago, but I know for a fact there is Chuka Tong Long (Southern Praying Mantis) there. I met up with some of them last time I was there, they are a good bunch.
    -Golden Arms-

Brother,

The Chu Ka people might be able to help you as they are a branch of Southern Praying Mantis, and I think they know a Bak Mei Shifu as well.

You can find them easy enough.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ChuKa...70268743006928
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Faruq,

I can't speak for the other arts in Chicago, but I know for a fact there is Chuka Tong Long (Southern Praying Mantis) there. I met up with some of them last time I was there, they are a good bunch.
    Yeah, I think those guys are way out in Lombard. I'm talking Chicago proper. I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure those are the guys at www.gm-ma.com. Oh, well I'd be darned if they haven't moved down to Chinatown. I may actually check these guys out. Thanks, guys.

GMMA is run by Shifu Brian Snapp who I recently met on Facebook in the South Mantis groups. Chow Gar mantis. Shifu Tony Blum teaches in the city, or at least I think he does. Contact Shifu David Welther at http://www.hurricanefist.com/#!sifu/c1mfx he might be able to direct you to Shifu Tony Blum. Shifu Blum is closed door.

Great guy and he recently published a book on SPM Fundamentals as seen through his Chuka SPM system.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Yeah, I've met Brian Snapp before. Nice guy. I think he studied under Paul Whitrod in the U.K. He used to teach in Lombard from what I hear, though now his website gives the Chinatown address which is in Chicago. And the other group is supposed to know Sifu Simon Liu from Minneapolis if I'm not mistaken. The Hurricane website says its in Madsion Wisconsin. Wow, all of a sudden there are lots of resources in the Midwest, lol. Where'd all these guys come from all of a sudden, lol?