Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sup Yee San Sik - Applications

Sup Yee San Sik - Applications

Check out the video below...Tell me what you think?

Wing Chun applications

I like the Triangle Palms How they utilize it to steal the opponents balance!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Are you sure this is Wing Chun? The distance looks wrong to me. Maybe it's for the camera.

Not that I do wing chun, mind you.

Yes that is Wing Chun, albeit very basic interactive drills that far too many still do not do to this day, yet alone understand. Not saying these ones are a good example or not, but the ideas being explored are the foundation for everything that follows in some lineages. Kwok Wan Ping is very well known for his drilled basics and power.

NOTE to Yoshi: Your use of language is getting beyond a joke, especially when you title something 'applications' when this is as far removed from the drills shown as possible!

This is habitual learning for beginners, that's all.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Its basically programmed applications that flow out instinctively after you have gained muscle memory...An infact at some point variatons of the said application arise instaneously from over drilling the same routine...basically you practice the same motions so much it because apart of you and becomes a natural instinctive reaction afterawhile...

If you practice correct form...eventually correct form will manifest instinctively.

But yes its very basic you are correct...But with out good strong basics your defense will be weak an you will always be hit when you fight.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Yes that is Wing Chun, albeit very basic interactive drills that far too many still do not do to this day, yet alone understand. Not saying these ones are a good example or not, but the ideas being explored are the foundation for everything that follows in some lineages. Kwok Wan Ping is very well known for his drilled basics and power.

NOTE to Yoshi: Your use of language is getting beyond a joke, especially when you title something 'applications' when this is as far removed from the drills shown as possible!

This is habitual learning for beginners, that's all.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Two man drills = Applications!!!!

Single person Drills = Forms!!!

If you dont get this im sorry for you...Buddy when we practice the Sup Yee San Sik...in the air...its merely form practice or solo practice...But with a partner we can see how the tweleve hand forms techniques are applied against a person! we learn how to uproot, turn off energy and jamm an opponents structure...This is the basic fundamental of stealing an opponents balance or destroying his structure. From YGKYM or SLT we start doing this in YKS...By the time we start doing CK...We have basic controlling down along with foward motion using your structure against your opponent as you drive in as well as shifting and turning energy....We start training these aspect even before learning SLT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Two man drills = Applications!!!!

Single person Drills = Forms!!!
    I am sorry that you don't get me... but I'm sure you know what you are doing
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I am sorry that you don't get me... but I'm sure you know what you are doing
    My question is this...whats the purpose of two man drills. Is it merely for muscle memory...If the two man drills are alive meaning your partner is feeding you strikes at different timing intervals an you react to him and not just follow a repetition...then you are training reflex and instinctive reactions...Why do two man drills if they dont work against an attack?

Two man drills = Applications!!!! Single person Drills = Forms!!!
    Single person drills = drill

Two person drills = drill

...whats the purpose of two man drills ... meaning your partner is feeding you strikes at different timing intervals an you react to him ... then you are training reflex and instinctive reactions...Why do two man drills if they dont work against an attack?

If you must ask why the two man drill don't work against real attack ... you had wasted 15 years of your suppose WC education.

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post

Spot on!

If you must ask why the two man drill don't work against real attack ... you had wasted 15 years of your suppose WC education.
    Or, he doesn't know what a real attack is and/or never experienced one. Gotta remember, this is coming from the same guy that believes Wing Chun Stan's youtube 'training' clips show great punching power and 'attacks'... So maybe this is the disconnect?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Yea, that is Wing Chun. The old boy has some pretty good guns on him too. The white kid is a real beginner and the old man is trying to work him into some routines. Footwork is not bad either. In a real situation the old guy would be all up in your stuff even with you running from him.
    Jackie Lee

I was making a rethorical question stating the difference between alive and dead drills.

I was making a rethorical question stating the difference between alive and dead drills.
    "Drill" in itself is active, requires one or more person of engagement.

So let me post you this question ... is there such thing as "dead" drill?

(Hint - the answer is hidden in the first sentence.)

"Drill" in itself is active, requires one or more person of engagement.

So let me post you this question ... is there such thing as "dead" drill?

(Hint - the answer is hidden in the first sentence.)

If I'm not mistaken by "dead" he was referring to a drill that doen'st have aliveness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliveness_(martial_arts)

http://aliveness101.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by free2flow View Post
    If I'm not mistaken by "dead" he was referring to a drill that doen'st have aliveness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliveness_(martial_arts)

http://aliveness101.blogspot.com/
    free2flow - please don't buy into Yoshi's understanding of the "catch phrases", and how he use them in his silly a$$ posts. If you haven't already, search and read through all of his posts, may then you'll understand why people here are treating him like an red headed step child ... or not ... he could use a friend.

free2flow - please don't buy into Yoshi's understanding of the "catch phrases", and how he use them in his silly a$$ posts. If you haven't already, search and read through all of his posts, may then you'll understand why people here are treating him like an red headed step child ... or not ... he could use a friend.
    lol Well not all drills are alive...some are dead...meaning they have no real purpose outside of muscle memory...but will not give you reflex or reaction or sentivitiy needed to gain timing and percision...There are drills you can practice that have no benefit...

in basket ball you can practice stealing the ball from a guy who is standing infront of you and just bounces the ball so you can easily steal his ball...or you can practice the drill alive with an opponent who attempts to give you a challenge an make it difficult for you to steal...forcing you to increase in skill and cunning. One is alive the other dead...one will make you a better basketball playa...but the other wont!