Thread: Shaolin Monk Martial Arts

Shaolin Monk Martial Arts

I was wondering if anyone knows much about this school, based in Sydney.

http://www.shaolinmonkmartialarts.com/index.htm

I remember him! He must have been keeping quiet since Sal and I kind of got into it with him on here a while back. It was in the middle of the Shaolin Xin Yi Related Sets thread, but almost the entire back-and-forth was deleted back then upon his pleading request. His posts only appear in quotes.
    Last edited by LFJ; 09-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.

I remember him as well.

He seemed very keen on emphasizing his 4th duan ranking.

Still, it looks like he has done well for himself, with all of his branches.

He has many videos on youtube. You can see and judge for yourself his skill level.

Ahhh...OK then. Thanks guys! His form just looked very different from the Shaolin sets I had seen, and quite rigid. Maybe I should leave it here.

he has a very nice, polished website;

however, just the dofus look on his face was a turn-off;

that, and anytime I see someone who isn't a shaolin monk, meaning living in the manner as a monk would, (which isn't easy, believe me, I've hung out for a week at a time in a real Ch'an Buddhist monastery, and those guys who r "t3h r3alz" don't hav it soft) wearing the trappings, it raises an eyebrow or three...

His website used to have a lot more "info" and it was interactive, complete with a discussion board and you could comment on pics and videos. Seems he decided against all that being a good idea. No longer approves comments on his Youtube videos either.