Thread: Shui Kou Men

Shui Kou Men

Does anyone know anything about the groundfighting style from Laiyang called Shui Kou Men?

Jiang Hua Long, Song Zi De and Cui Shou Shan were all said to have also mastered it.

Heres the small bit of info I have on it: http://www.monkeystealspeach.co.uk/shui-kou-men.php

Has anyone had any exposure to it when theyve trained in China? There is no info in English about it on the web and I only found 2 articles in Chinese... neither of them very revealing.....

in your article, you speak of ba fang, i had learned a 2 person set ba feng shou and understood that ba feng was an old style of kung fu? I had also leaned part of a form called ba kwai from Master Shi Zhengzhong, the interesting part was it is the same as bagua's 8 linear roads but with mantis techniques. If i remember correctly, i believe he said he learned the form in Korea?

Ba Fang is written 八方 which means 8 directions. ba feng shou sounds to me like "8 sealing hands".

Ba Fang is not a linear form, it is done by leaping or stepping into the eight directions with various techniques.

Sorry Ive never heard of ba kwai, and im not too familiar with ba gua either.

Im more interested in finding out about the other parts which make up the curriculum of shui kou, particularly a form called Gu Cun.

I was told by shyun, kwan long that mantis did in deed, hav a ground fighting system simply pratcied to fight from a fallen position as a last attepent not to loose, This style that Jiang hau long passed down was shown and susccefull by Joel sutton in UFC 6 it was said to have 360 techniqes. I do not however remember the name or orign, sorry
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 09-30-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Greetings,

There was a time when Wah Lum was known for its groundfighting techniques. That association is not made anymore, at least not publicly.

The photo of Grandmaster Chan in the documentary thread actually is an enticement to groundfighting technique.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 09-30-2012 at 05:02 AM.

andy
    Jing Hualong's ground fighting is outlined in some advanced 8 step mantis sets
    can you explian the moves
    and name the sets in which you are pseaking about?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

do you have 7th zhai yao in 8 step?

Partially, Ive been taught 2 differnt ways, Shyun's and Wei' which vary.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Quote Originally Posted by xiao yao View Post
    I see a lot of Mantis in this form. Cool find. Thanks!