lets just ask Frost and Ironfist how much time they've spent training sei ping dai mah and what they feel has come of it for them? Oh wait, they don't train it, they are here to criticize TCMA methods alone, posture that their methods are superior and in order to meet that agenda they attempt to diminish the methods of TCMA.
Since this was directed at me before the thread was closed ill answer, because i think its important we all know where we are all coming from and our respective experiences.

10 years doing stance training three times a week in class under the current master of the family style i trained before moving to MMA, one day a week helping teach a class and every morning at home to war up, also did stamping, stance sets and other methonds. and a few years under my current CLF and hung gar sifu.

Now i have also trained with 6 commonwealth powerlifting champions, 1 world record holder and competed in a few powerlifting competitions. Ive also spent a decade training out of a pro MMA gym where several strength and conditioning coaches also trained.

So thats my experience in TCMA, strength training and training with pros, Over to everyone else , what's your strength background, who have you trained with and where have you completed?

My current sifu has been a hung gar sifu of some 30 years standing (and who is also two generations removed from grandmaster CLC of bak mei) squats in his rugby club twice a week and teaches stances as part of the sets but doesnt overemphasize them.

So what did i get from stance training? some leg strength mainly static in nature, some flexibility, good mental focus, but personally i get better results from powerlifting, OL lifting, dynamic and static strengthing and would rather spend class times sparring than doing stances.

Anyone else care to chip in?