Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yik Kam WCK in breif

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I still haven't got round to watching both clips yet but I did notice one thing... the salutation you perform in the beginning and discuss is from Cho family?

Hendriks clip
    http://youtu.be/9Wg4wX02ds8?t=1m56s

Sifu Ku Choi Wah
    http://youtu.be/oRbpfs31N20

Cho family WCK is using Yik Kam WCK salutation. Since Yik kam is the source ancestor of The Cho family. I am presenting what I have learn in my sifu or older Cho generation with the detail of WCK. Notice within Cho family there are different arts from hung gar to CLF. So, not all Cho gar teaching is WCK. The salutation and sets mention in the clip is yik kam WCK in the Cho family. And they are almost extinct today .

I show these to the public to put on record oN once upon a Yik kam WCK within Cho family .

Ku has further evolved his salutation according to himself. His set in this clip is also his own creation, I called it post 2000 creation.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 10-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    ... Notice within Cho family there are different arts from hung gar to CLF. So, not all Cho gar teaching is WCK. The salutation and sets mention in the clip is yik kam WCK in the Cho family. And they are almost extinct today .
    I am aware of this which is why I ask. But you do not represent Cho family although you learnt this salutation from them and share it with the world?

Ku has further evolved his salutation according to himself. His set in this clip is also his own creation, I called it post 2000 creation.
    So, with this in mind what are you doing? Is yours not your own too? I am confused yet again
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Sometimes people get the thumbs up...sometimes they get the finger.

Those are my salutations...perhaps you gents would like me to demonstrate in a video?
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I am aware of this which is why I ask. But you do not represent Cho family although you learnt this salutation from them and share it with the world?

So, with this in mind what are you doing? Is yours not your own too? I am confused yet again

1. The yik kam salutation as in the cho wck ancestors has all the core WCK elements. Hand technics , step, facing...etc. Technological DNA is what count. And there is the triangle or "v" signature of yik kam or Cho family.

In fact Ku version has evolve away from the "v" and the wu sau in the first few moves of the salutation. Evolve away from bong and the female salutation.

That female salutation Is another symbol of yik kam because yik kam is the actor who player female role in the red boat opera.

Ofcorse, I am not yik kam but can only present as much as I know.

2. The modern evolution is no longer carry the same technical information.

3. The is no confusion, I am shaing what and how things is done in the past.

4. I encourage the wcner check what I have present with other older WCK lineages such as kulo. And see how close or far is their salutation.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 10-04-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Very confused

1. The yik kam salutation as in the cho wck ancestors has all the core WCK elements. Hand technics , step, facing...etc. Technological DNA is what count. And there is the triangle or "v" signature of yik kam or Cho family.
    Sorry, but if someone thinks hand techniques and facing are 'Technological DNA' of WCK, they have a beginner level understanding of WCK at best.

Ofcorse, I am not yik kam but can only present as much as I know.
    I am curious, exactly how much is that?
    I ask because if you have received the complete system, you should know what yik kam knew. Otherwise, that means you didn't get the entire system - which is probably is why you do not represent Cho family...

2. The modern evolution is no longer carry the same technical information.
    You mentioned 'technical DNA' being things like techniques, facing, etc. All WCK has these things (which are not DNA IMO). Heck, almost EVERY MA has these things!
    Or are you really trying to tell us only YK WC has techniques like bong, tan, and wu?

3. The is no confusion, I am shaing what and how things is done in the past.
    Which is it, do you know or do you not know? You've already stated you are only sharing as much as you know and that you are not yik kam, both statements clearly showing you do not confidently have everything from the past. Not to mention the fact that you have admitted so many times that you are trying to re-engineer things from the past. So no, you are not sharing all of what is done in the past, just your best guess at what they may have been..

4. I encourage the wcner check what I have present with other older WCK lineages such as kulo. And see how close or far is their salutation.
    Good lord, what would that prove? You are talking about a stylized hello!! big deal. Many lineages and arts have these things! And that fine, but lets call it what it is in most cases - just someone's sylized personal signature they added in. The only time they really mean more than someone's personal flair is when those actions directly relate back to the system's core concepts and principles.
    Proof in point - from what I can tell, YK salutation is based solely on techniques (some of which you couldn't even name, like the 'sword thing' you mentioned on the clip regarding your closing). Anyone can do that. Heck, I can whip up one in a few minutes. While it may look cool, and some may feel good about having their own personal stamp on things or even name their art after themselves, to me it doesn't mean nearly as much as you make it out to be without a clear connection back to the systems real core DNA/ideas.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 10-04-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

I at a point where i just enjoy hearing Hendrik discuss what ever is on his mind!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"