Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yuen Kay San - Bridge from the outside

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    I love how this conversation as went on to gate theory...very good...

Yep, I never go into sparring thinking im going to control his elbow or shoulder or wrist...in reality its all about what works and what i can get away with. Some people are extremely skilled an will not offer their elbow as easily...some people have holes in their defenses allow capture of the elbow easily...But i never go in with then attention to grab his elbow or wrist...i simply Gum Sau or Lan Sau or Lop or Jut what ever is available at the time while striking...My mindset is i want to lock him up for a split second while i start intitating my link punches. If his hands are free to hook or jab then Im open for counter attack. i want to limit his options an protect my centerline in the process. If using his wrist to throw him off balance or damage his structure is my best option i do so...Not with the intent to grab his wrist...but with the flow of what he avails to me. If he gives me his wrist i use it against him!
    My single purpose is to attack; collecting the gates are collateral damage. Force your opponent to deal with you, make him play your game.

Chase the opponent's bridge and you will always be a step behind.
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 10-18-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    I love how this conversation as went on to gate theory...very good...

Yep, I never go into sparring thinking im going to control his elbow or shoulder or wrist...in reality its all about what works and what i can get away with. Some people are extremely skilled an will not offer their elbow as easily...some people have holes in their defenses allow capture of the elbow easily...But i never go in with then attention to grab his elbow or wrist...i simply Gum Sau or Lan Sau or Lop or Jut what ever is available at the time while striking...My mindset is i want to lock him up for a split second while i start intitating my link punches. If his hands are free to hook or jab then Im open for counter attack. i want to limit his options an protect my centerline in the process. If using his wrist to throw him off balance or damage his structure is my best option i do so...Not with the intent to grab his wrist...but with the flow of what he avails to me. If he gives me his wrist i use it against him!
    You think to much. hit him and if something gets in the way, remove/control and hit him again

I dont think people understand what im saying...

Im not saying approach the bloke with hands up trying to look for a trap...im saying the same thing your saying im just skipping to part dealing with the bridge work...

Theory: Attack Relentless, Control Aggressively, Flow continously...

You should always be attacking and sticking close to opponent...If your goal is to stay close to him he will strike defenseviely or he will retreat or side step. In all cases your always attacking and advancing upon him trying to maintain contact or a occupy space where theres a bridge. Its not about putting you hands out to touch his guards or trying to grab his hands to do some chin na move...

Nope its all about attacking or moving obstructions. If he has his guards up to face i attack his guards an his face simultaneously...Not chasing hands. If he punches, i intercept his punch while striking.

The first thing you do is ATTACK...When you attack relentlessly you keep close to him stick to him everywhere he goes your right infront of him not letting him go...When you control basically you flow from techique to technique causing him to be off balance, loss of structure or destroy his bridge by pressing in to him while hitting. Kinda like an ole school fight in the streets when someone pulls the other guy shirt over his head an starts hitting him when he cant be hit back...the entire time he was attacking..an when an opening presented itself he took advantage thus protecting his centerline by destroying his opponents structure an ability to fight back...If you have no control or flow attacking wont work unless you can get off a one hitter quitter!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"