Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked

Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked

I know people on here have spoken of (and even ridiculed) the History Channel show Ancient Aliens in the past. I recently watched a lengthy documentary that debunks many of the major claims put forward by the show. The filmmaker's religious bias shows through in the last 10 minutes of the movie, but this is the only flaw that sticks out. I highly recommend this to lovers of history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Last edited by ghostexorcist; 10-09-2012 at 09:53 AM.

I don't think anyone here takes that show seriously.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I have a hard time taking the History channel seriously. lol They have some seriously crappy and stupid shows on there that have sweet F all to do with any sort of history.

The learning channel is another one that has burnt me out with it's crap shows and stupid programming.

Come to think of it, I hardly watch TV anymore and there are more channels than ever! I think if they add another 50 channels, I'll be broken of that habit altogether!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Based on past comments, I didn't think they did either. The documentary is still a good watch for those interested in the cultures they speak of on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I have a hard time taking the History channel seriously. lol They have some seriously crappy and stupid shows on there that have sweet F all to do with any sort of history.

The learning channel is another one that has burnt me out with it's crap shows and stupid programming.

Come to think of it, I hardly watch TV anymore and there are more channels than ever! I think if they add another 50 channels, I'll be broken of that habit altogether!
    Here, here !
    I still watch National Geo sometimes, but I end up taking most of there stuff that is not animal related with a grain of sal;t and anything that smells "wackY" I fact check.
    I can't tell you how many times I have caught mistakes about MA or the samurai or ninja, or shaolin on their shows and when I started see that I thought, "what else are they ****ing up?", so I started to fact check and **** !!
    Sucks that you can't take what is suppose to be an educational program at face value.

I don't watch the history or learning channels anymore, either. They actually made fun of how far these channels have fallen on South Park the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
    I don't watch the history or learning channels anymore, either. They actually made fun of how far these channels have fallen on South Park the other night.
    Ratings dude.
    Conspiracies and controversy sells, regardless of facts and substance.
    Dan Brown anyone?
    Just the way things are.
    The more controversial, the more press, the more press, the more viewers, the more viewers the more advertisers, the more advertisers, the more $$$

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

Well, they do sometimes stir up ones imagination as to How the Hell did they do that. This world is old, and human history is quite short. On the other hand, I do suspect that human history is way much longer than believed. Humans can possibly have gone through several rise and falls and what we see now is what might have been left by an ancient but highly technelogical civilization. We are way too far from any possibility of space travel between planets, and we get even ****her every day.
    Jackie Lee

My favorite shows are SpongeBob and Kung Fu Panda.

I never thought they could top Bugs Bunny until SpongeBob and I never thought they could top SpongeBob until Kung Fu Panda!

IF there were ancient aliens they would have left something behind, anything.

If there is anything from so long ago, it could be pretty deep now. But you would think we would have stumbled onto something.

Panspermia is totally possible, but an intentional seeding? It doesn't look good at this point.

The alien shows are just entertainment and have very little credibility when looked at objectively with all the info their bias left out.

What really ****es me off is psychics and mediums. I saw that long island medium show the other day. That sh1t is absolutely criminal. I think some believe it's okay because they make people feel better. But it's fraud and it's wrong.
    There was a show on awhile ago with Kris Angel and Uri Gellar judging illusionists. Angel went off on this one guy because he pretends it's all real and I totally agree, it's all bullsh1t and they need to be dealt with. Why is it okay to do this fraud but not others?

I can do a cold reading and blow people away because they WANT to believe. Like this Long Island chica, it's so obvious. Probe, validate, validate, validate, probe, validate etc etc. Add some advanced knowledge she pretends to not have and she can make people believe. But only the ones who want to believe. I see thru her insecurity complex all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    My favorite shows are SpongeBob and Kung Fu Panda.

I never thought they could top Bugs Bunny until SpongeBob and I never thought they could top SpongeBob until Kung Fu Panda!
    Dude - The Regular Show and Adventure Time totally kick SpongeBob and Kung Fu Panda's arse.

SB and KFP were good in their time, but times they have changed and modern cartoons totally kick the crap out of the Old School Traditional Animated Shows.

SNAP!

Last edited by MightyB; 10-10-2012 at 11:31 AM.

I like cartoons for adults. Late night toon channel, that's where it's at.
    I'll admit there is a bit of the nostalgia factor when talking about old cartoons from my childhood, but it wears off quick if I actually sit and watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I like cartoons for adults. Late night toon channel, that's where it's at.
    I'll admit there is a bit of the nostalgia factor when talking about old cartoons from my childhood, but it wears off quick if I actually sit and watch them.
    You like Modern Mixed Cartoons for Adults because the Traditional Animated Cartoons are no good.

LOL, dude I'm just messing with you - although Adventure Time and The Regular Show are awesome. I still think the golden age of cartoons was during that whole Disney, Warner Bros era when they still did a lot of hand drawn cell cartoons animated on the 2s and 4s. Hanna Barbera came out with limited animation technique and that started the process of decline... except HB still pushed story and character initially, then they pushed quantity. I'd say from the 80s to now, cartoons are mostly garbage. Especially the mass produced limited animation stuff from Asia.

Has anyone watched the documentary yet? I've run across some ancient alien believers on other forums who have ****ed it without even watching it. Sad, really.