I use a crutch that you might get from a hospital just to get around the house (that way I'm not depending on the furniture). There's a back porch. That porch is wood. It had rained. While I vary how I use/handle the crutch to locomote, I had it as the standard-ish under the arm-in the armpit. The angle was bad for how I was leaning. Tip slip I'm taken by gravity without my legs as back-up.

I ditch/toss all from my hands out to the sides--crutch, bag of doggie dooty, pooper-scooper/grabber. My chest has almost a foot of clearance. Looks like a pushup, but since I basically don't do those standard, here's how Kung-Fu plays in my life. Years earlier of off and on Centipede's Leap and Sleeping/Lying Tiger. Plus in Squirrel it had been a typical practice to fall forward with the hands out forward and to the sides.

When I was comming-up with Squirrel I included falling. I figured It would be harder to accidentally fall if I practiced falling. Whichever whatever, Kung-Fu how I did it pays-off through my later life.

No_Know