Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dale!

Dale!

My new job has me carrying a heavy steel hook all day and pulling hundreds or thousands of stacks of milk for eight hours or more.

My hands have been swelling a lot the last week or so and I'm definitely developing some tendinitis in my fingers. I've stopped practicing iron palm until I get I under control.

I know you sell different jows for different purposes and was wondering if you had anything that may help?

Te pain isn't debilitating but the swelling is fairly comical. Look like the hamburger helper lol. Quitting isn't an option.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Stick them in cool water at the end of the day. It will help reduce swelling and pain. Make sure you're getting lots of protein throughout the day as you'll be tearing into those little muscles pretty hard.

As long as you can endure and the muscles aren't getting seriously torn just follow the above until your muscles adapt to the increased workload. The tendons will take a little longer to get used to the increased demand so my suggestion is to make sure you have good technique. Try to focus on gripping with the middle, ring, and little finger which will help lock any load into the palm more effectively and reduce the overall strain. If you're carrying larger items try to hook with your hands and carry the weight with your bone structure rather than squeezing with the hands.

Trust me I know what it's like. I worked at an electronics recycling plant pulling 10 hour days tearing things apart with hand tools and gloved hands and carrying tons of heavy stuff all day long.

It could be that you are working in a cold environment which is affecting the swelling of your hands in response to the new stress load you are putting on them.

My suggestion is to get a heating pad and warm them up at the end of the day. Do this for about 10-15 mintes.

If you want to ice down the hands after you warm them up with a ice bag do not use it more than 10 minutes at a time. Take a break and then again apply it for 10 minutes.

You can get some fish oil capsules as fish oil is a NSAID, Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory as well as being food. Take 4 grams a day which is two capsules in the morning and two in the evening. This will help you will inflammation and circulation as it acts as a natural blood thinner.

You can also try warming some dit da jow and using the warm jow on the affected hand. after you have iced it down. In other words. you are causing vasoconstriction using the ice and then vasodilation with the warm jow.

You will increase circulation and help heal the affected areas much better than using only one modality.

I sell some decent Dit Da Pill that can help with the swelling as well.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 10-16-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Or you can stop being such a p uss y !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    It could be that you are working in a cold environment which is affecting the swelling of your hands in response to the new stress load you are putting on them.

My suggestion is to get a heating pad and warm them up at the end of the day. Do this for about 10-15 mintes.

If you want to ice down the hands after you warm them up with a ice bag do not use it more than 10 minutes at a time. Take a break and then again apply it for 10 minutes.

You can get some fish oil capsules as fish oil is a NSAID, Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory as well as being food. Take 4 grams a day which is two capsules in the morning and two in the evening. This will help you will inflammation and circulation as it acts as a natural blood thinner.

You can also try warming some dit da jow and using the warm jow on the affected hand. after you have iced it down. In other words. you are causing vasoconstriction using the ice and then vasodilation with the warm jow.

You will increase circulation and help heal the affected areas much better than using only one modality.

I sell some decent Dit Da Pill that can help with the swelling as well.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.
    You do realize that there's continuing trauma to the hands and hemorrhaging will be causing the swelling. Heat is the worst thing he could do at this point.

You do realize that you know nothing about anything.

You are not a licensed health care provider.

Until said time where you identify yourself, your health care education background and your current licensure, you need to close your piehole.

Ice is for dead people.

Let the experts talk now little one.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 10-16-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Whose advice to take... Licensed TCM practitioner who everyone knows and respects, or an anonymous guy named "bacon"...

I believe this is about the part where Dale accuses me of slander, libel, and/or mouthboxing.

Dale if you don't know basic treatment for injuries you're even more of an idiot than I thought. Heating an injury will increase blood flow leading to increased blood flow in an are which is already hemorrhaging. This is common medical knowledge. That's why RICED is your basic first aid procedure for a tear and that what this is... A continuing set of tears and trauma to the soft tissue.

And for Dale I would recommend a CAT scan or MRI to find the source of his brain damage.

You could always run some bacon on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReS...e_gdata_player

As Crushing Step pointed out.

Advice from a licensed health care provider or some gobblygook from a netghost.

Western medicine really has no clue when it comes to traumatic injuries compared to Chinese medicine.

Let me know how I can be of service.

As Crushing Step pointed out.

Advice from a licensed health care provider or some gobblygook from a netghost.

Western medicine really has no clue when it comes to traumatic injuries compared to Chinese medicine.

Let me know how I can be of service.
    Riiiiiight. I'll go back to letting you live in your fantasy world now Dale.

Again let me know how I can be of service to anyone seeking licensed medical care.

Again let me know how I can be of service to anyone seeking licensed medical care.
    From a quack who clearly knows nothing about even basic medicine.

You two....

To get back OT, JamesC, what is working for you? Did either of the remedies have any effect?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Bacon,

I have two medical doctors in my family. Perhaps you should revisit the title of this forum..it's for ORIENTAL medicine/healing. Not Allopathic suggestions..