Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moderated repost

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Yeah, the star system for chi-sao amongst other things.
    With regards to the "Star" system mentioned in the info page for WSLSA, MANY have misunderstood the meaning of that. For clarification purposes, WSLSA are NOT the ones to rate an organization/ school. It was initially a measuring stick for the school OWNER himself/herself to give an accessment of HIS own school so that when visitors go seek for training or for a week of training, the visitor will have an idea of what to expect. We realized that the language used was not clear enough thus resulting in ALOT of confusion, therefore we are in the process of eliminating that and changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hello,

So is it only specifc types of Chi Kung which are not allowed???

What about Jam Jong or other standing meditations or even moving Chi Kung??
    I am not familiar with what you are talking about, so I cannot comment. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Well, I just read some posts on Kampfkunstboard and it seems that Philipp Bayer is no fan of this idea.
    We have personally sent and email to Sihing Philipp Bayer in regards to his concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Finally opened it.
    What I find odd is that no ones names are mentioned.... Or did I miss something???
    The website mentioned has NOT been updated. We have only announced this association last weekend at the WSL gathering in Malaysia hosted by David Peterson and John Smith.

Schools that have shown their support are on the facebook page of WSLSA under NOTES. We will update it onto the WSLSA website as well, but that takes more time then the facebook page.

As for Senior members who have shown support are as follows in NO particular order:

Gary Lam, Wan Kam leung, Chiu Hok Yin, Chan Kim Man, Tommy Yeung (Tommy's son), Chiu Hok Yin (Dai Haap),Lam Kam Keung, David Peterson, John Smith. All others are currently in the works.

Again note that not all the relative school names have been updated. Thus please take notice of the facebook page for details and announcements.

I am not sure if it is against the rule to post up the facebook link page. So if anyone needs it, please message me separately.

Quote Originally Posted by wkmark View Post
    We have personally sent and email to Sihing Philipp Bayer in regards to his concerns.
    So you represent the wslsa ????

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    So you represent the wslsa ????
    John Wong (Sifu Wong Shun Leung's Son), Jerry Yeung and I founded the WSLSA.

Quote Originally Posted by wkmark View Post
    Just to clarify...if a person learns WSL VT and decided to add bjj or anything else, then that's fine. All the power to them. However if they are teaching students with these additional skills and grouping it all up by saying that's what I learned from wslvt, then it would be in issue since Sifu WSL never taught that.

There are certain skills that Sifu didn't believe in such as dim Mak "death touch" or chi Kung where your body is invincible by ways of swords and bullets..etc.
    With respect, the part Kevin quoted implies that people can be thrown out for teaching Qigong and Dim Mak, even if they say their teachings of those arts are not part of WSLVT.

It sounds like Kev got a hold of your website while it was under construction and ran gleefully off with the parts that pushed his buttons, while you guys are still in the process of working out what you are trying to do.

Might be an idea to keep everything to yourselves a bit more until you have a better idea of what you want this org ot be and stand for.

I'm sceptical about Qigong and Dim Mak myself, but IMO teaching them on the side and making them separate from WC is OK. To do otherwise is arguably a restraint of trade, and you may lose good people (like Mr Bayer) if you push such a line too hard.

Sean in the other clip posted by Kev has another clip in the sidebar about Xingyi ... which the way I learned it sails pretty close to qigong, IMA etc. Without wanting to drag him into this, you can hopefully see how such a hard and fast rule might cause you some problems.
    Last edited by anerlich; 10-21-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!