Thread: Iron Palm Training In Wing Chun?

Iron Palm Training In Wing Chun?

What is Iron Palm training in Wing Chun really?

Is it what were see in the mainstream where people break bricks and boards with their hands, fist and elbows. Or is it something more?

What is the purpose of Iron Palm training really?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You made some good valid points about conditioning...im glad you shared! I like what you had to say on the other thread!

Different systems use different methods.
    Old time boxers ( like Marciano for example) used heavier sand bags and punched with ether bare hands or just wraps to condition their hands.
    Thai boxers use the HB and other methods.
    TCMA use their methods as do the JMA and OMA and KMA.
    In Kyokushin we used a variety of methods.

In boxing we do drills where we are being hit to get used to taking shots, this is the boxing version of Iron Body.

I think you are trying to find issues with something that you think is something that it isn't.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

What exactly is Iron palm...an what isnt it?

I dont think of iron palm as dim mak...For one a palm or a fist is to big to strike pressure points that way.

But i do think a palm or fist can injure someone provided your conditioned...

I think of iron palm like this!!!

Take a Sock, Fill it with cotton Now hit some one with it as hard as you can...It wont hurt because sock is not conditioned to do damage infact you may hurt your self if you use to much strength swinging the sock...

Now take a sock an fill it with rocks, steel shots or baseball. Swing it as hard as you can an hit someone one...Now the sock is iron palm.

There are two parts to it...conditioning and power behind the hammer. The palm, elbow, fingers and fist are hammer...An the person swinging or hitting with the hammer is the enegine...

You basically make your fist and hands able to with stand greater impact by making them harder due to bone density...

Now the power that your arm swings or punches can be increased to match your conditioning....if your power you extert is greater than your hand conditioning you may end up with a broken wrist or broken hand.