Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lau Bun's Hung Sing Kwoon 5 Animal Form

Blog Entries

Lau Bun's Hung Sing Kwoon 5 Animal Form

** pls don't merge this with Shaolin Do, as its about the Hung Sing Kwoon.

Most everyone knows that Professor Lau Bun of the Hung Sing Kwoon (USA BRANCH) was a major pioneer in the history of gung fu in America. His school has been here since the early 1920's and witnessed the arrival of many many famous gung fu masters who came after his own arrival.

Some will always point out the tong or secret society aspect of the Professor and his following generations. Others will talk about how respected he was within the Chinese as well as martial art communities. He was a great and honest man who was widely known to be the real deal, hands down. Even acknowledged as such by the late Bruce Lee.

Regardless of our origins or our connections, the Hung Sing Kwoon has always been a school of honor and respect. We don't go around bullying anyone and usually stay out of others business and just stick to our own. The truth of the matter is our lineage has produced awesome students, incredible masters, and hard working, honest, law abiding and productive individuals to date.

In the world or Kung Fu, there are focuses on ethics, skill sets, morality,self improvement, self discovery, and confidence building. we're taught to respect schools and teachers from all styles. We are taught that no style is better than the other and it really falls on the shoulders of the individual to prove that HE or SHE is better than another competitive individual, not style.

So in saying this, i want to focus on the Hung Sing Kwoon Shaolin 5 Animal form. In regards the this, there isn't another lineage known in existence to teach this specific form outside of the American Hung Sing Kwoon. In fact its been taught right here in the United States ever since the 1920's. Since then, countless schools of authentic Shaolin have made its way to this country and till this day, our 5 Animal Form known as Ng Ying Kuen (THE SHORT NAME) has NEVER been found in anyone of their schools.

Within the almost 100 years that the Hung Sing Kwoon has been in America, we've never seen anyone outside of our lineage with our 5 Animal form. We knew and know its exclusive to our lineage as it was taught to Professor Lau Bun by his teachers wife who NEVER took a student prior to him. She was alleged to have learned it from her parents. Where did her parents learn it from? this we don't know other than that they were Northern Stylists.

Our 5 Animal form, while it does contain some northern elements such as the Tan Tui, our Dragon techniques are similar to those found in authentic Shaolin lineages, it WAS and HAS been HUNG SING-ified (developed by us) because of the southern gung fu flavor of our Hung Sing Kuen (Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut). So what you see today may NOT have looked like in its original form. this is something we will never know.

Although its originally a NORTHERN 5 Animal Form, its rare because northern 5 animals aren't the same as the southern ones. but ours does have the southern animals. TODAY the only northern 5 animal forms you may find is Wu Xing Ba Fa Quan (5 Animals 8 Methods) which clearly isn't the same or even nearly close to the Hung Sing 5 Animal form of the Lau Bun lineage.

Today, the only schools known to teach our 5 Animal form are from the Hung Sing Kwoon which at one point included Doc Fai Wong and its sub branches. Outside of our direct lineage, there is no other lineages in existence passing on this form aside from ours. Unfortunately, i wish i could honestly say thats true. its been a recent discovery that a certain hybrid School with extremely sketchy and questionable origins have been teaching our form without our knowledge. and even gave it a new history.

I find it to be very sad and embarrassing for students who are lied to by their teachers. it's of utmost importance for all lineages to be honorable and honest about the material being taught. Especially when it comes from books and videos. It must be a total shock for a young student who has practiced what they were taught hard every day only to find out their teacher lied about how he learned it. this is a horrible situation for future generations because authentic traditional styles and schools are going to call the bluff these students had no idea they were even bluffing. this does no good for the student teacher or school.

if anyone is interested in learning the form from an authentic teacher and not from video, pls, come to its source. The only true sources for this form is the Hung Sing Kwoon and its affiliates and schools of Doc Fai Wong. IF you or anyone is practicing this form and you are not from these lineages, pls question your teacher where he learned it from. if its not from us, DFW or his video, then it was absorbed by your teacher who picked it up via DFW's book. but pls know, there are ear marks or identifying markers within the form that lets us know your source of this form.

In Advance, thank you.
    HSK aka SIFUFRANK
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-24-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

bak sing is superior to hong sing

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    bak sing is superior to hong sing
    it was buk sing who followed JESUS. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    it was buk sing who followed JESUS. LOL.
    thats why they are superior. they follow the true path of clf.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    thats why they are superior. they follow the true path of clf.
    we follow the path of Kwan Gung. He is our jesus.

Anyone coming to Hong Kong for the Nov 18 competition?

Blog Entries
    Anyone coming to Hong Kong for the Nov 18 competition?
    the CLF one?

Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.

This was fun for a little while...

The website here is the "Kung Fu Magazine Forum", but it seems we need to rename it to "HSKWarrior's forum about Professor Lau's 5 animal form".

Did I about sum it up?

Dude, we get it. Your form is amazing.

Blog Entries
    This was fun for a little while...

The website here is the "Kung Fu Magazine Forum", but it seems we need to rename it to "HSKWarrior's forum about Professor Lau's 5 animal form".

Did I about sum it up?

Dude, we get it. Your form is amazing.
    wtf are you talking about? i don't care if anyone finds it amazing or not. i want the world to know that SHAOLIN DO has boosted this form from us and try to tell others that there are schools of shaolin that teach this form. which is all a bunch of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    wtf are you talking about? i don't care if anyone finds it amazing or not. i want the world to know that SHAOLIN DO has boosted this form from us and try to tell others that there are schools of shaolin that teach this form. which is all a bunch of BS.
    And we get it. A million times over.

How many threads do you need to figure out SD is fraud?

I'm on your side, just calm down man. If I was admin of this board I would be banning you for forum-wide spamming at this point.

Blog Entries
    And we get it. A million times over.

How many threads do you need to figure out SD is fraud?

I'm on your side, just calm down man. If I was admin of this board I would be banning you for forum-wide spamming at this point.
    great a few million more times and we'll be a quarter of our way through. thanks

Blog Entries
    The only spam i like is Spam and eggs. and good thing you're not the admin huh?

The fact is I created this form in the year 1776. I received inspiration for it from the eternal Elvis, as he was visiting my cave in the Himalayan mountains. He was driving a time-travelling UFO, and had channeled the energy of the true five animals of Shaolin: Bat, Mongoose, Sloth, Cricket, and Wildebeast. Ever since then, I have been hiding the TRUE AND SECRET D3ADLY TECHNIQUES from the rest of the kung fu world. Doc Fai Dong, Lau Bum, and all of you don't have a clue about the real U_MING form, and should probably stop practicing it before Elvis finds out.

Blog Entries
    The fact is I created this form in the year 1776. I received inspiration for it from the eternal Elvis, as he was visiting my cave in the Himalayan mountains. He was driving a time-travelling UFO, and had channeled the energy of the true five animals of Shaolin: Bat, Mongoose, Sloth, Cricket, and Wildebeast. Ever since then, I have been hiding the TRUE AND SECRET D3ADLY TECHNIQUES from the rest of the kung fu world. Doc Fai Dong, Lau Bum, and all of you don't have a clue about the real U_MING form, and should probably stop practicing it before Elvis finds out.
    did SOARD touch you too? is that why you're a jerky boy?
    or jake?
    or Sin The?
    did you tell anyone?

Blog Entries
    The form was taken by this man, and taught to GWAI LO cause they don't know!

http://www.sinthe.com/