Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Razor in the mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Yes, it's Wing Chun related. Wing Chun people need to know what's out there.
    Yep thats why there's a street fighting forum... available for those interested in that stuff.
    Last edited by trubblman; 10-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Yep thats why there's a street fighting forum... available for those interested in that stuff.
    Hello,

Well, if we want to run everything tight and fast there are several threads which would need to be moved from this forum to others.

As I have said before this is your forum not mine. I will be happy to move ALL of the threads which do not directly relate to Wing Chun if that is what everyone or the majority of those here want me to do.

Let me know.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hello,

Well, if we want to run everything tight and fast there are several threads which would need to be moved from this forum to others.

As I have said before this is your forum not mine. I will be happy to move ALL of the threads which do not directly relate to Wing Chun if that is what everyone or the majority of those here want me to do.

Let me know.
    I vote for leaving it and thank Phil for posting it.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Of course this is Ving Tsun related, a tiny razor in each hand is like the Baat Jum Dao of the streets!
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Blog Entries
    Hello,

Let me know.
    I vote for moving it. Unless people want to turn this forum into WC only forum. I'm one don't like to see that happen.

It's pretty sad to see the only subject discussed under the Kung Fu forum today is "Question for any former Karateka here (or current)".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Stanley Knives ( razor blade ) are common in London. A nasty extra would be two razors taped together so the cut couldn't be stiched normally, leaving a wide ' Mars bar ' ( slang for scar) on your face. The razors would be hidden in sandwiches, burgers...to avoid pre soccer match searches by police. UK is knife crazy..no guns. Hooligans will razor edge coins and use them like a razor, or like a shuriken, throw them at opposition fans/players.
    Not just London mate. Stanley blades as weapons have been common place across the UK since the heyday of football violence in the seventies and eighties and would be found amongst all the firms (although Liverpool had a particular reputation and the aptly named stanley park was infamous).
    Razor blades cause nasty injuries (anyone interested should google chelsea grin, glasgow smile etc to see what stanley blades can do) but are not really dangerous per se when compared to other weapons. The range is short and the penetration very limited. The humble screwdriver is much more dangerous IMHO as is the standard kitchen carving knife, crow bar, lump hammer etc. I've had to get up close and personal with a folks carrying stanleys on loads of occassions and used to know several folks with the scars they leave and in the range of weapons to have to face they are the least worrying to me (short of the guy attacking with a piece of fruit ala monty python).
    Thankfully football violence is a much more low key affair today than is was when I was younger (although it still happens up and down the country) and the stadiums etc are fairly safe now.
    Last edited by wingchunIan; 10-29-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

****, what a bunch of bloodthristy d1cks. Not only they are dumb enough to pick fight with strangers - as long as they are surrounded by their buddies, no doubt - but they slash people with razors...and for what? To leave scars, make them get stitches, or worse?

That said, in a fight for my life, I'd probably preffer to have a blunt weapon, like a baton or something, rather than a razor. No matter how high on adrelinaline or drugs, if you strike the head hard enough, bam the villain goes out. And I bet I'll make you look better in front of the judge, too.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Not just London mate. Stanley blades as weapons have been common place across the UK since the heyday of football violence in the seventies and eighties and would be found amongst all the firms (although Liverpool had a particular reputation and the aptly named stanley park was infamous).
    Razor blades cause nasty injuries (anyone interested should google chelsea grin, glasgow smile etc to see what stanley blades can do) but are not really dangerous per se when compared to other weapons. The range is short and the penetration very limited. The humble screwdriver is much more dangerous IMHO as is the standard kitchen carving knife, crow bar, lump hammer etc. I've had to get up close and personal with a folks carrying stanleys on loads of occassions and used to know several folks with the scars they leave and in the range of weapons to have to face they are the least worrying to me (short of the guy attacking with a piece of fruit ala monty python).
    Thankfully football violence is a much more low key affair today than is was when I was younger (although it still happens up and down the country) and the stadiums etc are fairly safe now.
    True, I lived in London... Glaswegians interviewed in prison talked about specific ways they would use vertical slashes in fights to avoid arteries, way to informed.
    I have scars from crow bars too...but that was in NYC.

You see, that's one of the problems with many WC people. They only train against WC punches, other WC people and are oblivious to what's out there in the real world. Forget my post. Don't think about the possibility of you having to use your "Wing Chun" against someone outside of your school/lineage and you'll be just fine.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Wing Chun related? Isnt there a forum for street fighting? IJS
    Ok, how would you use your "Wing Chun" against a guy slashing at you with razors?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Hello,

Let me know.
    I visit here less because of the lack of reality. Hmm, if I post some really good self defense stuff here the Wing Chun guys won't see it......
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

razor in the mouth sounds pretty pre meditated. if you walk around with a razor in your mouth all day, you'll need to keep your teeth clenched on them in order to prevent cutting up your tongue, gums, cheeks. so that means that you have to put the razor in your mouth prior to needing it in your mouth....so you must have some fore warned knowledge that you will be needing a razor in your mouth to spit out. Maybe if you are just thugging on a corner all day and not talking or eating or drinking you could pull that off. otherwise its a pretty good sign of a total d bag to walk around pre meditating cutting people up with a razor blade by setting people up purposfully. be a man and have an honest knife fight or own up to being a weakling and needing to trick people into fighting you bare handed while you use a razor blade.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    razor in the mouth sounds pretty pre meditated. if you walk around with a razor in your mouth all day, you'll need to keep your teeth clenched on them in order to prevent cutting up your tongue, gums, cheeks. so that means that you have to put the razor in your mouth prior to needing it in your mouth....so you must have some fore warned knowledge that you will be needing a razor in your mouth to spit out. Maybe if you are just thugging on a corner all day and not talking or eating or drinking you could pull that off. otherwise its a pretty good sign of a total d bag to walk around pre meditating cutting people up with a razor blade by setting people up purposfully. be a man and have an honest knife fight or own up to being a weakling and needing to trick people into fighting you bare handed while you use a razor blade.
    I know the guy in the video. He can have a conversation with you while having two razors in his mouth. In the video he's talking with on blade in his mouth. I've seen it many time. The practice came from guys in jail who couldn't have a proper knife. And they can eat, drink, and talk with the razor in their mouths.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

There's a beef going on between two different 52 Blocks factions. The other faction is dissing Giants people in the clip. But notice in this clip that Giant has 3 blades in his mouth while he's talking around 1:20 in the link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EQAY4X_Yt3g
    It's very prevalent in NY. I was just trying to give NY people a heads up that's all.
    I'm in South Bay California now and will probably never have to worry about it.
    I might get hit with a surfboard though.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Ok, how would you use your "Wing Chun" against a guy slashing at you with razors?
    By picking up a chair or anything with reach. And then people go "well what if there's nothing around," but I always have stuff in my pockets I can use for distraction, or I have a blade of my own, or something which can be used as a weapon. The only way I'd have to use direct hand to hand is if you stripped me naked.

Where I grew up half the highschool kids walked around with a knife in their pocket. If someone picked a fight I always assumed they had a blade and picked up anything with reach. Mind you I always had a trick or three up my sleeve.

I assume everyone has a weapon and friends anyway because it's a lot safer that way. You see I have this friend Murphy....