Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Razor in the mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Phil, what exactly was he doing when they were flashing "dance of death" across the screen? It really didn't look any more dangerous than what they had already been doing. I mean why did everyone start running from Mr 52 at that point? I mean Mr 52 was doing pretty good against the big guy before that, but the big guy definitely seemed to be controlling the show. Why would he and like 5 other guys now all of a sudden start running? I don't get it...
    Psychological! They fear the unknown and had no idea what to think of what he was doing. Most people back off when some cat gets weird. My best guess.

You can use peoples beliefs against them. In this case I am assuming they believed what he was doing was dangerous. Whether it was or was not is besides the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeros View Post
    This really shows the importance of the TCMA philosophy of never letting yourself get hit, even once, versus modern combat sports philosophy where trading blows is the norm.
    Weapons change everything. On the street, weapons should be assumed. If you are in a room with one guy and you know he has no weapons, go mma on em all you want. On the street, the last thing you wanna do is shoot for a leg. Staying upright, loose and having escape routes is essential. When you lose any of those you need to improvise, of course. But if you can, keep all those doors open for as long as possible. That's pretty much basic street knowledge.

People need to understand the difference between a schoolyard fight and a real dangerous confrontation. Alot of guys who do well in the schoolyard get cut or shot for their assumptions.

Judging by the videos, it's only a matter of time before some 52 cat gets clipped. That ofcourse opens a nasty can of worms. Maybe it's already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Weapons change everything. On the street, weapons should be assumed. If you are in a room with one guy and you know he has no weapons, go mma on em all you want. On the street, the last thing you wanna do is shoot for a leg. Staying upright, loose and having escape routes is essential. When you lose any of those you need to improvise, of course. But if you can, keep all those doors open for as long as possible. That's pretty much basic street knowledge.

People need to understand the difference between a schoolyard fight and a real dangerous confrontation. Alot of guys who do well in the schoolyard get cut or shot for their assumptions.

Judging by the videos, it's only a matter of time before some 52 cat gets clipped. That ofcourse opens a nasty can of worms. Maybe it's already happened.
    Wise words, totally agreed.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu