Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martial Artists Fighting for Justice

I moved this thread.

I see that Eric is somewhat upset by this decision so I will tell you why.

First of all, I agree with your sentiment Eric. It is tragic.

But why did I move it? Well, for one thing, this poor child suffered this March 28, 2009.

It is now beyond three years later. There are incidences of this tragic behaviour that happen every day. It is the martial artist and what we train to be that keeps us vigilant. Remember, but look forward and take action where you can.

This has nothing to do with mo duk or wu de and it is not exactly in keeping with that idea that you accuse me or anyone else of not having it Eric. I appreciate your passion, but please don't turn it into something destructive by unleashing your anger on others.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

That's just you telling martial artists to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    Gene wrote:
    "I imagine that had this campaign specifically targeted martial supporters or something along such lines, the mod who moved it would have left it up there. "

and in the original posting I wrote

"I'd like to encourage all the Martial Artists here to join me in seeking justice for Alissa who in less then 3 months went from a happy 1 year old to being abused, tortured and finally killed with a fatal blow to the head."
    Look, we can all see it was tragic, but wanting to help isn't specific to wude. It's just being a good person. Everyone strives to be a good person. Any good person would want to help. Being a good person is part of the foundation of wude. By the same notion, any cause could be defined as wude. But if we label every cause such, we'd have to bump so many of the off topic threads up.

If this campaign was being organized by martial artists, or if she were part of a martial family, or any martial connection, I could see it falling more directly under wude.

I'm more surprised at your vitriolic reaction, ngokfei. It's outside wude etiquette. You could have asked about this politely. We might have reviewed the case and reinstated it to the main. Why are you so attached to this being on the main anyway?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yeah I pretty much guess it was you David.

Your reason has no basis, it just shows the shallowness of your character.

especially your comment:

"But why did I move it? Well, for one thing, this poor child suffered this March 28, 2009.

It is now beyond three years later...."

Now if it had been your wife Josy or one of your sons that had been brutalized and murdered I would think that you would expect the authorities to pursue the issue diligently no matter how long it would take. In the US Murder has no time limit for them to be prosecuted, I don't know about Canada.

But then again thats just you and not the rest of the us out there. I'm sorry that your education in the Martial Arts has been so limited as its quite obvious it has had no effect on your character. From individuals who have PM'd me they shared some insight into your history and its quite un-interesting without purpose.

So I'll just leave it at that.

I thank you for the quote above, as I plan to share it with others who have similar causes that they fight for.

PS: and you call your self a Free Mason!!!!

chow for now.
    eric
    Last edited by ngokfei; 10-30-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Ah. I see.

Eric, I encourage you to take your issues with David on to another thread or to PM and have it out there. No need to sully what you have posted for Alissa here by continuing this dialogue here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quoted from Gene
    "wanting to help isn't specific to wude.." "Being a good person is part of the foundation of wude"

huh? now that is contradicting it self. It either is or isn't.

"If this campaign was being organized by martial artists, or if she were part of a martial family, or any martial connection, I could see it falling more directly under wude."

can't believe you actually wrote this Gene. Really lost alot of respect for you now. but it kind of makes sense in your views on many things.

"I'm more surprised at your vitriolic reaction, ngokfei. It's outside wude etiquette."

ooh big word Gene. Now your quoting Wu De, such a hypocrite. Was that rule 5 or 7.

uh, I don't see.

I am sure that anyone who is interested in helping will not be affected by the move.

While I applaud your efforts, I really think this is one of those threads that should stay positive. If you wanna start a "101 reasons why I don't like DJ" thread, you should do so, but let's not mix up net beef with real issues that actually matter. Nobody is saying that this isn't a worthwhile issue, but it clearly belongs in the OT section, and that's ok. What's wrong with keeping things organized? In OT this thread will actually stay visible for much longer. He did you a favour. Had it stayed in General it would have been buried within a day of you not bumping.

RELAX and breeeeeeeeaaaaaathe.

Quoted from Gene
    "wanting to help isn't specific to wude.." "Being a good person is part of the foundation of wude"

huh? now that is contradicting it self. It either is or isn't.
    He did not say it was not a part of Wu De, he's saying it's not SPECIFIC to Wu De. There is a major difference. Being a good person fits into most philosophies.

Suggestion........ Maybe a crime and punishment section wouldn't be a bad idea. We could move all those crime and justice threads into one sub-section and make petitions and advisories into stickies while they are relevant.

Just an idea.

The more clarity in the subsections the less we will see this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Eric, are you okay?

You're really going off topic here. Is this about Alyssa or about your issues with David and me?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

yeah doing fine.

Interesting how one topic can flow into another, so like many of the threads on this forum. LOL

I support many diverse causes on my own. I just find how funny it is that you appear to only support causes that have some tie into the Martial Arts.

The thread title was an attempt to do just that and look at what happened.

The concept of Wude/mo duk (martial virtue) has become the sub topic here which is a good thing. I think when they said to "help those who can't help themselves" i don't there was an addendum that said "and now only if they have something to do with the martial arts"

The Alissa Campaign is doing great. here's a nice update for those interested:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We have heard from a reporter from Fox 55 News who wants to cover Alissa's story. She reached Prosecutor Jeff Wible who stated that he will NOT reopen this case "because no one in Indiana cares about it."
    The reporter wants to know if she can get supporters to come to the LaGrange County Courthouse on Friday November 2nd (Alissa's Birthday) to show that there ARE people who "CARE" about Alissa's case!

****ACTION ALERT****

PLEASE everyone recruit for the petition! Repost this to your wall so all of your friends will sign!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/indiana-state-attorney-general-open-a-state-murder-investigation-for-the-fatal-beating-of-alissa-guernsey

**One of the admins is desperately trying to make arrangements to be in Lagrange, Indiana this Friday with a PRINT OUT OF THE PETITION with the signature count to HAND TO PROSECUTOR JEFF WIBLE!!!
    THIS IS HUGE!!

At this point he still refuses to acknowledge the petition, so let's make the NUMBER so big he CAN'T ignore it!!!

EVENT/RALLY FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2ND AT 11 A.M.!!! Anyone who can be there please come and BE ALISSA’S VOICE! For those of you who cannot make it you CAN send flowers or balloons to the courthouse and have the florist put them outside by the gazebo or benches in front of the courthouse…105 N Detroit St, LaGrange In, 46761 ~~ SHOW YOUR SUPPORT… LaGrange County Courthouse
    105 N. Detroit St., LaGrange, Indiana 46761

we are 213 shy of reaching 50,000 signatures....

I posted about the petition on my Facebook. Hopefully my family and friends will finish off the last few signatures needed.

thanks, appreciate it. Every name counts.

thanks, appreciate it. Every name counts.
    No problem. It looks like they have bumped the signature goal up another 25,000. Hopefully enough people will sign it.

Well, I'm glad it seems to be getting sorted

I support many diverse causes on my own. I just find how funny it is that you appear to only support causes that have some tie into the Martial Arts.
    Actually, in my personal life, I'd do a lot of volunteer work for non-martial charities. I sit on the board of two non-profit orgs doing volunteer medicine and log hundreds of hours with them each year. Recently, I volunteered for a local tree planting and a bay clean up. While I suppose I could define those actions as wude, I don't; To me, it's just karma work. But that's not quite the point here. The issue has been about the move and your reaction to it. But as things seem to be back on track, perhaps we should just focus on the issue.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I commend you on your community works. More individuals should do it. Actually the concept of Karma and achievements for spiritual benefit are covered by many of the tenets of Wu De/Mo Duk as they were primarily developed off of Confucian & Daoist concepts.

you have a nice thread where Specific Clan Rules are compared to the true Concept of "Martial Virtue"

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=20998

"...Mo-duk is more about righting the wrong, fighting the good fight and standing up against popular opinion for what is just. All the while doing it with humility and without seeking personal glorification. It's the virtue of the martial community. "

Happy Birthday Alissa

today was a great step in the campaign for justice for Baby Alissa. Today November 2. she would have been 5 years old.

I'm glad to say that my contact to numerous MARTIAL ARTISTS in Indianna lead to many to not only sign the petition but to attend todays Rally at the Lagrange Court House.

here's a link to a video clip of the news coverage from Fox Network:

http://fortwaynehomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=73402

while its a great step, we have along way to go.

So please sign the petition and then forward it to like minded individuals.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/indi...lissa-guernsey

thanks

eric

Sad and Tragic

Hello,

Just came across this and wanted to comment.

While I can agree that this is a tragic event and those who were responsible for the childs death deserve a more fitting punishment, I do not see this a a real possibility.

My reasoning is simply that if a trial was already held and a verdict rendered than that kind of settles the matter. At least as far as criminal charges can go.

There may be some remedy in civil courts but I highly doubt that the case can be re-opened and a charge of murder brought against the perps.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space