Thread: 7* Iron Mantis Form

7* Iron Mantis Form

Master Tse posted this on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQLZDQSZOA

I do not know this form, but I wish I did (yes I'm the same guy who'll bash on other threads and forums with my opinion of there being a danger in having too many forms and being too focused on forms accumulation as a measure of rank over the actual application of skill through free sparring) Anyway...

I really like the fluidity displayed by this practitioner with this form. I don't see this type of movement displayed a lot in 7*

I actually know 2 versions of Iron Fist, both came from Li Kun Shan - Li Hong Jie - Shi Zheng Zhong. They are from PB Mantis and have nothing to do with this one (or I couldn't see any ressemble). Shibo Kevin Brazier have 3 articles about it in his website. It's worth a closer look.
    Last edited by MeiHuaBR; 10-31-2012 at 05:19 PM.

I learned the form "Iron Fist" from Shifu Brazier and he told me it was a Long Fist form that Li Kun Shan incorporated into his Tanglang. I`m pretty sure he told me it was the first form he taught, LKS that is.

Iron Mantis is a nice form for sure.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"