Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu (Hung) Concepts Basic Entries, Grabs & Misc

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    what is it called
    I don't know the Cantonese name.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I don't know the Cantonese name.
    then how you find out abut that fighting stance

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

then how you find out abut that fighting stance
    Wong Fei Hung taught me on the astral plane, by gnosis.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

Wong Fei Hung taught me on the astral plane, by gnosis.
    this is actual quite serious matter

the guy has fought in cage match representing hung kuen and now teaching students to pass on tradition. but thinks hung kuen has no fighting stance

do you see the problem in american kung fu

not attacking my pinoy brother just stating a serious matter for dicussion and also aid his kung fu teaching
    Last edited by bawang; 09-27-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    For the record...I have already said what my preference is, i.e. to counter and to just stand natural. What I do, doesn't account for everyone else.

There are plenty of stances or postures within the system but I.M.O., "those who cling to style will ultimately fail by them" = Meaning no one style can do it all. It's just a fact and not a negative or anything to worry about.

Why pigeon hole everyone into a stance anyway? One man may like to stand in the classic Kiu Sao in horse stance...another may be more upright. Who cares what stance you're in after the 1st contact is made. Without contact, there is no fight.

I think it was Bruce Lee (or maybe someone else??) who correctly said; "that a strong stance isn't really necessary until contact is made". But I'm fairly certain he said something to that effect.

I agree with this modus.

It's like art...you learn the foundation and then you express it your own way. I use my styles to get to my ultimate goal ie win...but we must also enlighten above them. That doesn't mean I that I don't transmit my knowledge in a traditional way 1st. Everyone learns the same, but I have evolved just like Mathematics or Science..it's only natural.
    Last edited by Subitai; 09-27-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    For the record...I have already said what my preference is, i.e. to counter and to just stand natural. What I do, doesn't account for everyone else.

There are plenty of stances or postures within the system but I.M.O., "those who cling to style will ultimately fail by them" = Meaning no one style can do it all. It's just a fact and not a negative or anything to worry about.

since you have fighting background i thought maybe intergrity is important to you and if you want to pursue traditional aspects of kung fu you might be curious about what is the hung kuen fighting stance.

with all these complex head spinning tricks and moves rigidly and strictly taught how can there be no fighting stance. how can fighting stance be unimportant
    Last edited by bawang; 09-28-2015 at 01:45 AM.

I'd like to hear more.

Why pigeon hole everyone into a stance anyway? One man may like to stand in the classic Kiu Sao in horse stance...another may be more upright. Who cares what stance you're in after the 1st contact is made. Without contact, there is no fight.

I think it was Bruce Lee (or maybe someone else??) who correctly said; "that a strong stance isn't really necessary until contact is made". But I'm fairly certain he said something to that effect.

I agree with this modus.

It's like art...you learn the foundation and then you express it your own way. I use my styles to get to my ultimate goal ie win...but we must also enlighten above them. That doesn't mean I that I don't transmit my knowledge in a traditional way 1st. Everyone learns the same, but I have evolved just like Mathematics or Science..it's only natural.
    You express yourself very well in words and in your videos. I agree if you found what works consistently for you then stick with it. Certainly see what else is there but as I have stated before. Not everyone can do everything. Or something's may take so long to make usable , one may not have the time. Another may. Some want to be the best in their art. To know and be able to do it all. Others just want to be able to use it if needed. Get me there as fast as you can, please. Others it is an escape that is fun, makes them think, all that stuff. Call it a hobby. Some of those guys stick around so long that they get very good at things. It may have not been their intent first day . Not even sure if they were going to stick around. 20 years later, he knows a lot. Maybe more than they guy running the school.

I really enjoy your posts. I feel that way about a few of you guys that post other places too.

Blog Entries
    Boxerbilly, some astute observations...also read what u said earlier about space. Again nice, but just to say; anyone whos got fighting experience will know how important that is. My take on that is just beating on the same ol drum, "I just follow whatever it is you give me." I hope that's not too vague, I have posted about that concept before. Knicknamed it: the "gun n bullet principle"

Bawang, about fighting stance? You're joking me right? U must be, because the higher level a persons skill, the more they relax and let go of such concerns. It doesn't mean for example that I have poor footwork. ..on the contrary, u can get so good that u dont have to think about how to issue power with a proper stance.

Physical attributes and foundations are fine for learning the basics. But imo...knowing your skills intimately and to set people up is the crux of most people problem when applying. This area is my personal obsession.
    Last edited by Subitai; 09-28-2015 at 08:35 AM.
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Bawang, about fighting stance? You're joking me right? U must be, because the higher level a persons skill, the more they relax and let go of such concerns.
    if a high level person doesnt need to worry about fighting stance what about beginners

I'd like to hear more.
    u ever train hung kuen befor or any southern kung fu
    Last edited by bawang; 09-28-2015 at 07:29 PM.

u ever train hung kuen befor or any southern kung fu
    Yes.......

Yes.......
    u wanna know the hung kuen fighting stance

r u jelly of my fabulurs knwledge bro

u wanna know the hung kuen fighting stance

r u jelly of my fabulurs knwledge bro
    I'm always jealous... I secretly want to be a kung fu super villain too, but I am tightey whitey and can't read Chinese.

I'm always jealous... I secretly want to be a kung fu super villain too, but I am tightey whitey and can't read Chinese.
    That's my problem too. So spill it Bawang, "what's the beef?" Say Bawang, did you know that in TCMA there is a "Bawang Fist?"
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-02-2015 at 10:34 AM.

choo chee ling appear to me in dream and warn me not to reveal secret hung kuen fighing stance