Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CLF forms with multiple roads

Relax HSK, I'm traditional Shaolin....nothing to do with Shaolin Do, I'm interested in all MA, particularly CMA...and I think CLF is a great art with great forms. If there was any closer than 4 hours to me I would probably train it.

Since there isn't, I work on my other styles and sometimes watch clips of training/forms/fights because I enjoy Kung Fu.

I asked about the poems, because I wasn't sure if CLF uses them to record forms as Songshan and some other styles do, or if they were transcribed differently.

The scripts weren't written by Chan Heung, they were written by his grandchildren.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

The scripts weren't written by Chan Heung, they were written by his grandchildren
    Yes choy lay fut was already passed through 3 generations by this point
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolindynasty View Post
    Yes choy lay fut was already passed through 3 generations by this point
    It's still cool that they did that...It's a pretty simple thing to do and it would have been nice if some of the other, older systems left a written record of their forms to the next generations.

It's not really a bad thing that forms evolve as time goes on, but it would be nice to have a real record of what they looked like from the first generations.

The Chan Family have written manuals for all the forms known as kuen po's. I have never seen one but I believe they consist of the Chinese characters for each movement and some have hand drawn pictures. Since we now have modern technology it's easier to just record each form in one's lineage. I have one for my lineage and it is good for reference every now and then.