Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Center Line Capture

Ops sorry about the typo

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    The mans name was 'Peterson".

This cracks me up, Khan is rated number 3 in the world by Ring, had a great fight with Peterson (which could have gone either way), protested in the scoring (which he is allowed to do).......... then fights and loses to Danny Garcia (who is a monster!) and you call him a bum??????

And one dimensional????

You also fail to mention that Peterson was done for synthetic testosterone after the fight with Khan

How about putting facts ahead of opinion
    Whenever a grown man cries after a decision he’s a bum regardless if it’s close or not, and that’s the only way they started to look into Peterson’s situation in which he admitted to, and that’s because the cry baby cried very lound.

Bottom line is; the faster man lost, because the other one had better positioning and timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Actually, it would be more correct to say "Step into the Jab" as the step goes first. The jab would follow the step
    Blinded by the light or is it still the fog?

Whenever a grown man cries after a decision he’s a bum regardless if it’s close or not, and that’s the only way they started to look into Peterson’s situation in which he admitted to, and that’s because the cry baby cried very lound.
    No, the drug test had nothing to do with the protest, its standard procedure

Bottom line is; the faster man lost, because the other one had better positioning and timing.
    Garcia had that positioning because Khan got dumb.

He tried to brawl, a much better, brawler which negated his speed advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Blinded by the light or is it still the fog?
    Heres some fog lights for everyone

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-t...xing-jab-guide

Your 100% right about the drug test, I've over stated

I just hate cry babies.

But thanks,

You just verified my statements;

Regular jab – The regular jab or the standard jab is just that – a jab. You throw the jab from the basic position and step forward with your lead foot as you extend your arm out towards your opponent. As you recover your lead arm, the rear foot moves forward to return you to your basic stance.

You just verified my statements;

Regular jab – The regular jab or the standard jab is just that – a jab. You throw the jab from the basic position and step forward with your lead foot as you extend your arm out towards your opponent. As you recover your lead arm, the rear foot moves forward to return you to your basic stance
    I think we are getting back into the "WC; there's only one way to do something" mindset again.

Boxers use different stances, different tactics and will often deliver the same punch differently..... jabs being the topic here.

Unlike WCers, they're more interested in the effectiveness rather than the, apparent, correctness.

Half the battle is knowledge, either you do or you don’t. (know the right way)

I don’t think he'd got dumb and said, "punch me please because I’m dumb", it happen because Danny Garcia didn’t chase him but waited for him (skill) and it’s what his trainer told him to do, by saying don’t swing so wide..

Like the saying goes: Wait for it, wait for it, boohyaaa! I just can’t help but give the credit to 'Danny Garcia' and not Khan himself. But I see your point.

The feet should follow the hands in any fighting art and not just boxing, and thanks again for your help in proving my point.

Take care,

I don’t think he'd got dumb and said, "punch me please because I’m dumb", it happen because Danny Garcia didn’t chase him but waited for him (skill) and it’s what his trainer told him to do, by saying don’t swing so wide..
    No, he decided to trade shots with Garcia, he probably won the 1st 3 rounds and then decided to stay in the pocket wioth Garcia in the 4th.... id call that dumb

Like the saying goes: Wait for it, wait for it, boohyaaa! I just can’t help but give the credit to 'Danny Garcia' and not Khan himself. But I see your point.
    As per above

The feet should follow the hands in any fighting art and not just boxing, and thanks again for your help in proving my point.
    Ok, what do you do when the guys slightly out of range?

Smile

He didn’t stay in the pocket on purpose, he had no choice because he never recovered from the 3rd round, and in the 3rd round he was doing business as usual and got timed out.

He tried to hit and run but his leg wouldn’t do what his mind said to, because his data entry crashed. When you’re hurt your legs simply don't move right.

This is getting very elementary, and being so-called fighters, I would love to think that the members here should know all of this. It feels like I’m taking a Litmus test (politics) or something.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Remember he was chasing Garcia with speed, and Garcia just didn’t move back that time, he (Garcia) stay with what came to him and countered with positioning and timing, and it made it look like he was brawling with Garcia because of that fact. Positioning and timing can deal with speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    You are always ****ed and ready to fire.
    hahaha!! You tried to say C0ck and it blocked you.

d@mn I hate c0ck blockers!!!!
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    simply...fighting cant really be explained..He has to be shown...its like asking a man how did he have sex with his wife...if oh boy start going technical an start spouting off theory you will be like Geez ****...
    Words of wisdom............ not

You know it is funny I met with a Xing Yi Sifu the other day and he mentioned how if you got a Chinese Sifu, Korean Master and Japanese Sensie together the Chinese Sifu would always win.
    But if you added a second Chinese Sifu to the same or any variation of the equation one of the others would win as the two Chinese would be too busy arguing over who had the "correct" method. I told him he should check out a Wing Chun forum to see just how bad things could get...
    The two Chinese guys would immediately ignore the other two and start fighting each other.

I am expecting to log into this forum one day and see a question about how hot ones bathwater should be Naturally no one will agree, I am sure some would even state their Wing Chun is too deadly for them to bathe, lol.
    Anyone with REAL experience would know that baths are deadly to your internal skill and that *real* WC practitioners only shower.

A friend at work deals with building maintenance. Several people complained that the hot water was too hot and might result in someone getting scalded. He arranged for the thermostat to be adjusted, and sure enough, someone complained that the water wasn't hot enough to wash their dish and coffee cup properly.

There are regular epic battles as to whether the aircon should be on or off.

People. Idiots.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Words of wisdom............ not

Can you give me a detail set of theory and instructions on how to drive a car, ride a bike, hit a heavy bag, kiss a girl, hold a conversation, swim a lap, run a mile or do a push up and pull up as you do about fighting?

At the end of the day there are two ways to each...One is the right way which renders results and the other is the wrong way which ends up with no results...Even with theory on your side...in a fight your opponent might be more skilled, stronger, faster, or more powerful than you are...Then what can you do?

All the theory doesn't stop you from getting hit...or them from getting hit...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"