Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Center Line Capture

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    But, to answer your question, the foot lands at the same time as the strike.
    splitting hair here, but I make my strike lands a split second (1/100sec) before my foot lands.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

I will agree to disagree

I do various exercises such as arm swinging and if I keep my feet static then the body will follow but that is because my feet are stationary. When turning my feet then I would say it is possible for both to turn together, however when doing a movement where the arms perform a motion to completion then the feet land first and complete the motion before the hands.

The body gives power and structure to the hands so the body must be in proper position to supplement the hands. To me, this entails the feet leading the hands.

Then again, in this medium, it is possible we may be closer than it seems.

To be honest, all I care about is that when I do something it works
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Talking Chrees

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    splitting hair here, but I make my strike lands a split second (1/100sec) before my foot lands.
    That’s great, and I love the ‘Republican Party’ and they love me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    To be honest, all I care about is that when I do something it works
    In the end, that's all that matters. Amen!
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

That’s great, and I love the ‘Republican Party’ and they love me too!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me too Ali . And the senior senator from Kentucky as well. And Karl Rove..aw shucks.

So far from home and so close to Texas.

Imperial taichi is ok- whatever works for you.

Onward through the fog..

In Theory and Truth

In practice one Steps and punches and will strike after the body weight has transferred ie the foot lands first...But this is merely san shou drilling in the air with your steps or in YKS San Sik...But in reality when your fighting you will throw multiple punches...Some strikes will land before you move, others while your moving and others after you move...in sparring there is no such thing as the foot lands first or last...Because your intial goal is to just strike them, strike em hard, strike to do damage and strike them often...Now you have this theory and that theory...

One says landing before the strike will give time for your body mass to converge...others say strike before the foots lands an that will give added ump at the end of your punch...But are mere theory...Trying hitting a heavy bag an see which one gives you more force...Then judge off that...But still bags dont move away from a punch on their own...So again you need to spar an see what works best an what you can actually land while fighting...chances are some nuisances of this theory and that theory got out the door...But frankly...The whole idea about strikng before you step or after you step is juxtapose as shifting on the balls or heels...Different schools different things for different reasons...But certain things we all do regardless. Personally Imma do both...Because when im sparring i aint concern about striking before or after i step...my stepping is to occupy his space, inner gate an add pressure to my attacks by thrusting through the door...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Hello,

In training one should try to come as close to perfection as possible.
    Knowing that in application things will rarely go as planned.
    However, by ingraining the proper body mechanics in training, the attributes developed will be more likely to carry over even if done without perfection.

My main reason for stressing feet first is that it permits the body to be set properly so your strike will land with proper structure. If you throw a punch without stepping, unless you are sitting, your body will naturally follow the punch and you will fall forward. However, if your punch is powered from the ground, through the feet and rest of the body, then you will not only have greater power but better stability as well.

You need a stable base both to exert and accept power, imho.
    Peace,

Dave

Morning,

You know all this talk about punch leading feet etc got me to thinking.

Where does the power from your punch come from?
    If it comes from the arm then I guess you can throw your punch however you wish.
    However, if the power does not come from the arm, but from the body behind the arm then would that not entail the punch following the body/feet??

Curious about how others view this.
    Peace,

Dave

Morning,

You know all this talk about punch leading feet etc got me to thinking.

Where does the power from your punch come from?
    If it comes from the arm then I guess you can throw your punch however you wish.
    However, if the power does not come from the arm, but from the body behind the arm then would that not entail the punch following the body/feet??

Curious about how others view this.
    I use my fists like hammers; I don't push the target, I hit the target.

I need as much rooting/grounding as one would need hammering a nail into the wall.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Smile Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Onward through the fog..
    Most high beams couldn’t cut through this ‘fog’, or maybe we should blame it on ‘Global Warming’.

Most high beams couldn’t cut through this ‘fog’, or maybe we should blame it on ‘Global Warming’.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they warn against using "High Beams" in fog?
    Something about the glare bouncing back

You know it is funny I met with a Xing Yi Sifu the other day and he mentioned how if you got a Chinese Sifu, Korean Master and Japanese Sensie together the Chinese Sifu would always win. But if you added a second Chinese Sifu to the same or any variation of the equation one of the others would win as the two Chinese would be too busy arguing over who had the "correct" method. I told him he should check out a Wing Chun forum to see just how bad things could get...

I am expecting to log into this forum one day and see a question about how hot ones bathwater should be Naturally no one will agree, I am sure some would even state their Wing Chun is too deadly for them to bathe, lol.
    Peace,

Dave

Oh, you’ve caught that one, huh.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they warn against using "High Beams" in fog? Something about the glare bouncing back
    Yep, because that’s all I see being used here on this subject (In which is a reflection on one’s skill level), and; I thought I’ve ready answered your one question.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-11-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Another one dimensional fighter bites the dust.

The bum of the year, this guy cried for his title back after losing it to ‘Patterson’, and cried so loud and offend, that they striped ‘Patterson’ of the title and give it back to ‘Khan’ without fighting.

Then Khan turns around and gets knocked out by 'Danny Garcia' in thr 4th round of his first cry baby defense. Another one dimensional fighter bites the dust. I’ve seen this guy leaving as quickly as he made it on the boxing scene.

Khan has the faster hands, but got timed out by a guy that knew how to get in a better position. Speed is nothing without timing and positioning; don’t take my word for it.

Or maybe he should of jab into the step?

http://youtu.be/CpCYemEqVvg
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-11-2012 at 03:23 PM.

[QUOTE=Ali. R;1196298]Or maybe he should of jab into the step?[QUOTE]

Actually, it would be more correct to say "Step into the Jab" as the step goes first. The jab would follow the step

And yes, if he punched with his body in proper structure due to superior positioning, drawing power from the ground he may have done better.

Of course, you must admit that he is fighting at a high competitive level which we are not so while we can say all we want, it matters little.

My position has always been that if one has the "Holy Grail" of Wing Chun or their approach is superior than that person and their approach would be wiping the ground with all others. They would not be defeated, or at least be defeated less often.
    Peace,

Dave

The bum of the year, this guy cried for his title back after losing it to ‘Patterson’, and cried so loud and offend, that they striped ‘Patterson’ of the title and give it back to ‘Khan’ without fighting.

Then Khan turns around and gets knocked out by 'Danny Garcia' in thr 4th round of his first cry baby defense. Another one dimensional fighter bites the dust. I’ve seen this guy leaving as quickly as he made it on the boxing scene.

Khan has the faster hands, but got timed out by a guy that knew how to get in a better position. Speed is nothing without timing and positioning; don’t take my word for it.

Or maybe he should of jab into the step?

http://youtu.be/CpCYemEqVvg
    The mans name was 'Peterson".

This cracks me up, Khan is rated number 3 in the world by Ring, had a great fight with Peterson (which could have gone either way), protested in the scoring (which he is allowed to do).......... then fights and loses to Danny Garcia (who is a monster!) and you call him a bum??????

And one dimensional????

You also fail to mention that Peterson was done for synthetic testosterone after the fight with Khan

How about putting facts ahead of opinion