Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A suggestion for your daily training

Dai
    All art that teaches striking also teaches joint techniques and takedowns and visa versa.
    boxing is a striking art that has no joint tech nor takedowns. confused by this comment please explian
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by daiyoshida View Post
    I find your ending tag confusing. All art that teaches striking also teaches joint techniques and takedowns and visa versa. If anyone teaches you "striking art" or "Grappling art" he's teaching you half an art. (which, in this country doesn't surprise me)
    Which country do they teach the whole art?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daiyoshida View Post
    I find your ending tag confusing. All art that teaches striking also teaches joint techniques and takedowns and visa versa. If anyone teaches you "striking art" or "Grappling art" he's teaching you half an art. (which, in this country doesn't surprise me)
    Which style has all the following tools that you will need in combat?

- jab, cross, hook, upper cut, hammer fist, back fist, side punch, ...
    - front kick, side kick, roundhouse kick, hook kick, flying knee, ...
    - finger lock, wrist lock, elbow lock, shoulder lock, head lock, knee lock, ankle lock, ...
    - hip throw, leg twist, leg lift, leg block, single leg, double legs, ...
    - side mount, full mount, 69 mount, arm bar, leg bar, choke, ...

If such style exist on this planet, I'll be the 1st person who want to learn it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-26-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

The elusive mystical art

Well, let's see. I was 13 when I studied Shorinji Kempo. That was a lot of throwing, chokes and holds as well as strikes and kicks. For the last 40 years, Chaquan, Chuojiao, Bagua, I can't think of any time when I was limited to a "Striking" or "throwing". Even when I studied Bagua staff, there was joint locks, throws and take-downs.

Well, I take that back. I was 7 years old when I took judo. I was limited to wrestling there, but I think that was an exception. Or, maybe that's how they taught kids, who knows.